Noob question

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
So, if we want to increase the number of players so this game doesn't die, how can we make the game as fun for new players entering the frontiers as they find it in Thid / Leirvik ?

At the moment it seems that keeptakes have close to stopped, there is rarely a frontier battlegroup, and there are high realm rank groups mowing down everything (on all sides, I'm quite sure) that ports into Hadrians wall (using those handily placed, permanently Mid/Hib keeps).

So, those players who join DAoC for it's excellent RvR experience, and get it in Thid and Leirvik, what do we as players need to do to get them to stay, and are we willing to do it ?

Or is it not that bad, and I've just had bad luck when trying just to avoid enemies to help late 40 something's finish their epics ?

Darzil

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
and realm ranks and gank grps xD

We as players can't do shit rly, if we don't all decide to play like we did when we were noobs..

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
i wouldnt call thid much fun for a newb.. thats the place where the l33t test their new toons in sc/buffed etc.. pretty horrible imo.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Zebolt said:
and realm ranks and gank grps xD

We as players can't do shit rly, if we don't all decide to play like we did when we were noobs..
Aye. Even if they'd make people start from scratch, knowing the stuff they didn't know back then, there would be people getting to lvl 50 and decent rr and whatever in no time ;x Guess it's too late :p

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Blame IRvR it's a complete joke.

Last week I was coming out of bled and I got tackled by a ranger, I had 5 fights with this rr5 ranger in quick succession, I lost 4 out of those 5. Needless to say the usually reserved Zedenk lost his cool, I'm sure some of the irc guys can find logs of it too :p

Anyway I came back a couple hours later after calming down some and I sat down, and whenever I lose a fight or in this instance a few fights, I'm the sort of player who needs to know exactly why I lost those fights. So fortunatly I had Fraps'd a couple of those fights, so I loaded up the videos and I watched them..kind of noticed myself playing particularly shitty..and as I've said before you know, most people would give the excuse perhaps you were having a bad day, maybe he's overpowered or perhaps he RA dumped you, but to tell you the truth when you're a good player and you talk to the decent players these days, they don't talk about imbalances, they don't complain about stuff like that as there is always a way to stop that shit.

So it got me thinking, because I rememebered I've beaten guys like that before in the past so what was making him win so easily. Then it kind of dawned on me and I thought back to the current RvR situation (irvr) and I realised that since patch 1.75 at least, that only about 2% of fights I've had are against people who were really good, or at least the skill level of the people I used to face in 1.73.

You know the people I do fight are like RR6/RR7 but they're not REALLY rr6/rr7 they're like rr3 but they managed to zerg/add to semi-decent realm rank due to the current rvr situation allowing it and suiting their playstyle. So because of that the only people you really fight these days are archers and other zerglings so I've not in essence had any real challenges over the past 1.5 months or so which means that all that has happened is I've become really lazy and basically to sum it up a mere shell of my former self.

So to conclude, all IRvR has done (at least on the stealther front) is make people play really shitty due to lack of competition and general zerg attitude and that sucks tbh. No idea why they changed the port system around which enabled this crap, because as far as I can see it hasn't encouraged open field rvr at all, its encouraged bridge camping and adding and general retardness from all fronts.

200 or so people crammed into a Thidranki sized zone is supposed to equal fun, but hey whatever. I'm sure the usual "go elsewhere" responses will kick in, but you can't go elsewher as its dead because the only option of getting fights is in the IRvR zone.

At least the island is alot bigger and hopefully should spread things out a bit, but until then..bleh guess we put up with it.

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
lets get a zone where the l33ts can solo, and have some great fights, (I am not rly fighting against rly good players, and I am rly shity now too) and let the others zerg if they rly want that... But I guess there are not that much peeps who would like to arrange a zone where they can solo, or some 2-3 guy would just farm down the soloers...
if there would be a zone like that, I would spec out from twf3, but until that, I keep it cos I need it against the lames who always zerg/want to zerg me, then /laugh -p.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
i so pity those who werent around when the most active rvsr zone was OF_mid (odin_yggdra :p)

Alyssania

Fledgling Freddie
About on the same line here with Zedenz. One thing more to add is I think there is way too much arties and and stuff that give you very high chance to win. In the OF people even had to do something to get higher rr for the stuff but now people whip out their pl chars and level arties up and they ready to beat if they just have all procs up at the same etc...

Was away for a month and took out my stealthers now again and I meet every day new people rr6+ that I never heard of. I mean I know im crap player and dont like to stick with only one char 24/7 but what it comes to skill when I meet one of these people without their ra's and procs up they really suck if even I can kill em. I dont take this game too serious usually so it makes me wonder are people taking dieing really that serious when I meet people that only appear in the fights with all stuff up these days. One thing I usually see in the people that played their stealthers in OF compared to people that didnt is just the fact that they can go out without precious iwin buttons and they dont run like chickens after someone actually winning em fairly. I do run sometimes but usually there should be a reason for it like seeing the zerglings close in on me and having a lucky sprint away. :)

About the original post I think one action from mythic should be toning down all the Iwin classes and spells/skills in the game because I cant think of anything that would have hurted the game and the community more than the "FOTM" thinking style people having these days.
If I would join the game now I would probably quit in under that free month because of all the shit new people must be hearing these days about right specs, playstyles, classes, ra's, group setups, etc... I mean I learned the game by playing and testing and then I meet people that say they do stuff because someone at the early levels told em to and they never really tryed anything else. I think the people and community is as good and friendly as it was but the mentality and the fact people have forgot that this actually a game not a freeking competition who does what best and also people have forgot whats it like to be new to this game, has made it so that new people either play on knowing everything because someone told em or quit because they think they not good enough and not wanted or because they dont like to play anything but the class no one will group with...

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Zedenz said:
Blame IRvR it's a complete joke.

Last week I was coming out of bled and I got tackled by a ranger, I had 5 fights with this rr5 ranger in quick succession, I lost 4 out of those 5. Needless to say the usually reserved Zedenk lost his cool, I'm sure some of the irc guys can find logs of it too :p

Anyway I came back a couple hours later after calming down some and I sat down, and whenever I lose a fight or in this instance a few fights, I'm the sort of player who needs to know exactly why I lost those fights. So fortunatly I had Fraps'd a couple of those fights, so I loaded up the videos and I watched them..kind of noticed myself playing particularly shitty..and as I've said before you know, most people would give the excuse perhaps you were having a bad day, maybe he's overpowered or perhaps he RA dumped you, but to tell you the truth when you're a good player and you talk to the decent players these days, they don't talk about imbalances, they don't complain about stuff like that as there is always a way to stop that shit.

So it got me thinking, because I rememebered I've beaten guys like that before in the past so what was making him win so easily. Then it kind of dawned on me and I thought back to the current RvR situation (irvr) and I realised that since patch 1.75 at least, that only about 2% of fights I've had are against people who were really good, or at least the skill level of the people I used to face in 1.73.

You know the people I do fight are like RR6/RR7 but they're not REALLY rr6/rr7 they're like rr3 but they managed to zerg/add to semi-decent realm rank due to the current rvr situation allowing it and suiting their playstyle. So because of that the only people you really fight these days are archers and other zerglings so I've not in essence had any real challenges over the past 1.5 months or so which means that all that has happened is I've become really lazy and basically to sum it up a mere shell of my former self.

So to conclude, all IRvR has done (at least on the stealther front) is make people play really shitty due to lack of competition and general zerg attitude and that sucks tbh. No idea why they changed the port system around which enabled this crap, because as far as I can see it hasn't encouraged open field rvr at all, its encouraged bridge camping and adding and general retardness from all fronts.

200 or so people crammed into a Thidranki sized zone is supposed to equal fun, but hey whatever. I'm sure the usual "go elsewhere" responses will kick in, but you can't go elsewher as its dead because the only option of getting fights is in the IRvR zone.

At least the island is alot bigger and hopefully should spread things out a bit, but until then..bleh guess we put up with it.

haha, I think there are a couple of good stealthers out there, but most are total crap and wouldnt get much RPs at all if it wasnt for their bumchums so I agree in essence I guess.

and me > u! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom