Necro question

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
The question is simple: Does it excist a way of beating these ugly necros as a tank?

Are necroes easy cake with a caster, explaining the melee immunity?

And final question, do they get 90% melee abs, or 1000+ af, what is making this pet so melee imune? ;)

Thanks, every tip appreciated :>

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
would guess about 95%, and debuffs don't seem to be working on them as they used to be.

<shrug> snare and ruuuuuuun!

Lethul

FH is my second home
The question is simple: Does it excist a way of beating these ugly necros as a tank?

And final question, do they get 90% melee abs, or 1000+ af, what is making this pet so melee imune? ;)

Necros are not easy cake with a caster tbh :) They are king of 1on1!

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
Necros are not easy cake with a caster tbh :) They are king of 1on1!

and 2on1!

even bg doesnt stop em :p

only tanks with any chance are thanes/valks/champs - magic damage does hurt the pet and champ's ST + ani chain + rr5- well that works on anything

best bet is to kite them around dodgy terrain and hope pet breaks if your a s/s tank :p

and even casters dont really have much of a chance unless they get the jump and necros pretty poor, nearsight is the best bet and then nuke away

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Respec battlemaster and pray you manage to shear enough buffs off the pet and kill it before it kills you.

- English -

Resident Freddy
depends if the necro has an uber template + buffed... if so you will nuke and do 10% damage to the pet... 1 of the pets is non ccable making it really hard for casters. Their pet also runs at speed 5 or whatever making it none kiteable?:/

aika

Can't get enough of FH
only can kill gimp necroes and even then need to dump rr5 and banespike, really silly !

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Respec battlemaster and pray you manage to shear enough buffs off the pet and kill it before it kills you.

fought a necro yesterday @ warden..

But.. cant strip its buffs i figured (no resist mssg neither)

He did use a HoT on the pet.. so i tried if i could strip it..

Nopes
not affecting necro's it seems

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH

not as anytank i know but as champ if u blow everything its easy
rr5 st banespike ml8bomb wrathofchampions ip does allways work!!!! :p

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
fought a necro yesterday @ warden..

But.. cant strip its buffs i figured (no resist mssg neither)

He did use a HoT on the pet.. so i tried if i could strip it..

Nopes
not affecting necro's it seems
Hmm, maybe he was unbuffed?
I can shear necro pet on my shammy. At least i could a patch ago or so. Maybe it's different from battlemaster shears?

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Think so yeah.. i know clerics/druids/shamans can shear a necro pet.. But with BM styles.. it doesnt seem to work :) the dex/qui debuff does affect. but the shear followup doesn't

elbeek

Part of the furniture
The pet tether range is poor so kiting away from necro is one way.

uneducated

Fledgling Freddie
not as anytank i know but as champ if u blow everything its easy
rr5 st banespike ml8bomb wrathofchampions ip does allways work!!!! :p
the albion exile way of winning something they dont really understand, blow all you have!

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie

They have a huge melle absorb but a pretty nefty magic absorb too. Being unsoloable for casters too. as caster U hit em slightly harder than a heavy tank that popped Fury. It's silly and then there is all the abuse necro's can still do in shade form.

Drusus

Fledgling Freddie
Their pet also runs at speed 5 or whatever making it none kiteable?:/

Nope, our pet runs at maximum of Mach2 (just faster than sprint) unless we have another speed buff running. This doesn't help when we have a 500 unit tether to pet.

It's silly and then there is all the abuse Necro's can still do in shade form.

Please elaborate as I'd like to know this 'abuse'?

nearsight is the best bet and then nuke away

Yup :(

Punishment

Resident Freddy
From a stealther PoV they are utter Bullshit atm , any necro above rr3 is impossible unless unbuffed/gimp player and even at that i cba to jump em as they take far too long to drop and Archerzerg will most likely add :(

Also their pets dont disengage when you stealth :ninja:

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
They have a huge melle absorb but a pretty nefty magic absorb too. Being unsoloable for casters too. as caster U hit em slightly harder than a heavy tank that popped Fury.
It's funny, even now u still see peeps make comments like "necros, rofl stun nuke nuke i just 2 shot em". When for v long time now con buffs on *all* mobs, pets etc, give a magic absorb, same or similar, to way they increase melee absorb.

They not been 2 shottable for 2-3 friggin yrs or someshit...!

Last time I met one was nuking 200 something vs okay heat resists - 26% + cl buff by looks - and it took about 10 nukes to drop iirc. This with grp spec and template, wp5, mom5, aug int4, etc.

There's been harder ones. Wouldn't suprise me 1 or 2 having friar bots, as makes OP pve trio anyhow. hf with that :)

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
It's funny, even now u still see peeps make comments like "necros, rofl stun nuke nuke i just 2 shot em". When for v long time now con buffs on *all* mobs, pets etc, give a magic absorb, same or similar, to way they increase melee absorb.

They not been 2 shottable for 2-3 friggin yrs or someshit...!

Last time I met one was nuking 200 something vs okay heat resists - 26% + cl buff by looks - and it took about 10 nukes to drop iirc. This with grp spec and template, wp5, mom5, aug int4, etc.

There's been harder ones. Wouldn't suprise me 1 or 2 having friar bots, as makes OP pve trio anyhow. hf with that :)

ah not that long but around LotM was when the became completly immune to solo casters too. But yes it's a long time since they've been anything close to soft. pre LotM I could nuke them for the same as a high AoM tank. but around LotM that changed so now when I play eld I hit em for max 290'ish even when cold debuffed I only hit em for 400 something.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Used to be do-able with a vamp before the hot nerf.

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
okay i was wrong.. necro's can be sheared with ML styles.. i was wrong :X

Anyways.. for warden fighting necro (even unbuffed) its about.. who run OOP first.. warden for (slam) heals.. and necro for lifetap :p

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Devilseye said:
Anyways.. for warden fighting necro (even unbuffed) its about.. who run OOP first.. warden for (slam) heals.. and necro for lifetap :p

Your probably fighting a really poor necro if they can't get a couple of power taps in on you as well.

Lookdaddy

One of Freddy's beloved
Simple answer is RUN!

There was an RR11 necro on Merlin when i played my SB on there, i have seen him takeing out FGs solo!! Totally insane!

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
anything that relies on melee dps is a lost cause, 85% abs and insta lifetap is just asking too much, dont care how good your dps is

a champ can dump to win- thats one class that can always beat a necro

a warden or some such has no hope, the best you can get is a stalemate

the "abuse" is shape change and baiting for stealthers whilst hiding pet, which lets you find out how many retards exist on the server :)

a high rr necro is a bit of a joke- once you can get access to em2 or so, and any other magic resistance dumping tools, you kinda become immune to damage in general

but if you insist of trying to kill a necro then at least start by capping spirit resists :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom