Nokia N91

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Aada said:
Your a sony fanboi on all levels and your opinion does not count.. Nokia UI sucks? haha biggest load of BS ive heard today ive had pretty much every brand and Nokia wins hands down because of a simple yet deep interface which suits everyone. SE phones is like trying to find something in a dictionary which doesn't list words in alphabetical order.

1.5 gig? 4gig is abit different.. you will get a huge amount of songs on the phone at max quality.

Never had any problem with a Nokia phone and ive owned around 6 of them so far they are easy to use and have the deep features people expect from a mobile phone these days.

W900i? is that the phone that turns around? looks fucking minging tbh and the orange/white doesn't sell it to me either.

Are you suggest Nokia are the deep option? Cos that sounds like a load of pretentious shite to me. In fact I could say that about your entire post. If the Nokia UI is so great (and deep heheheheheheheh) why are they starting to copy SE's then eh? I had Nokias for ages, got through a 6110, a 3210, a 7110 a 6210 and a 6310i, and all except the 6110 had to go back at some point. After using them I also got the distinct impression I'd bought the same phone in different packaging about 4 times in a row.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:
Are you suggest Nokia are the deep option? Cos that sounds like a load of pretentious shite to me. In fact I could say that about your entire post. If the Nokia UI is so great (and deep heheheheheheheh) why are they starting to copy SE's then eh? I had Nokias for ages, got through a 6110, a 3210, a 7110 a 6210 and a 6310i, and all except the 6110 had to go back at some point. After using them I also got the distinct impression I'd bought the same phone in different packaging about 4 times in a row.

Never had a problem with Nokia love the interface and easy to use features SE interface was just shit from the start i still remember getting my first SE phone and after about an hour i knew i hated the phone.. fast forward to 2 weeks later and i got the 6250i i think.

Bottom line is Nokia interface is lightyears ahead of SE.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I can't believe you two are arguing about who has the best phone interface. :rolleyes: Get a grip.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
The funny thing is i'm pretty sure they're about the same now tbh? :eek: Then again alot of phones have very similar interfaces imo.. or am i missing something?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Aada said:
Never had a problem with Nokia love the interface and easy to use features SE interface was just shit from the start i still remember getting my first SE phone and after about an hour i knew i hated the phone.. fast forward to 2 weeks later and i got the 6250i i think.

Bottom line is Nokia interface is lightyears ahead of SE.

Fucking hell, you call me a Sony fanboi when you clearly have Nokia tatooed across your forehead. Makes your opinion pretty worthless to me.....

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Thats not the first post he's ever made that makes you think that is it?

Anyway, o2 have the n91 available on their webby now. £149.99 with a contract.

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
People on forums need to adopt the "i appreciate your opinion but mine differs, lets just leave at that" attitude. Obviously never gonna happen as everyone is always right on here :)

Anyway, is 150 quid expensive for a new phone with a contract?

Clown

Part of the furniture
I'm always right everywhere. Also, depends on what phone :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes and no Panda, if you want the latest phone right now then it's a fair price. Remember it will be £50 or free on a new contract in a few months, and you can buy it offline now for £400ish.

DaGaffer

Ch3tan said:
Yes and no Panda, if you want the latest phone right now then it's a fair price. Remember it will be £50 or free on a new contract in a few months, and you can buy it offline now for £400ish.

Its going to be interesting to see what happens when o2 get the n80 in and I go for an upgrade; I reckon they're going to try to charge me about £150 for the upgrade, which will be interesting given I can go to Orange and get it on a similar plan for £50...

Only problem is Orange don't do the black version.

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
DaGaffer said:
Its going to be interesting to see what happens when o2 get the n80 in and I go for an upgrade; I reckon they're going to try to charge me about £150 for the upgrade, which will be interesting given I can go to Orange and get it on a similar plan for £50...

Only problem is Orange don't do the black version.

Yeah, mine was 50 squids with Orange but only silver as you say. Im currently waiting for mine to register the sim, its bloody annoying!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I'm going to wait for the N92, N93 or the N73.....I think they will be the best phones available...

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
All up and running now

Just connected to my Wireless LAN and googled 'boobs' from the phone

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
I looked at the N91 in o2 store today, I dislike it, its huge..

I hope the n80 isn't anywhere near that. I'm tempted to get it on orange 'cause i'll get more value for money than with o2... providing I have signal ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The n80 is smaller than the 6680 and n70, same thickness though.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ch3tan said:
The n80 is smaller than the 6680 and n70, same thickness though.

Not really that much smaller though the only thing that makes it smaller is the slide keypad which looks rather cool the way they have done it.

But when i had my D600 i found texting abit awkward the keys felt crammed in and i always kept mis typing.

Maybe not like that with the n80 as Nokia texting has always been easy your fingers just seem to hit right button without even looking :D

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
DaGaffer said:
I can't believe you two are arguing about who has the best phone interface. :rolleyes: Get a grip.

You cant? :rolleyes: :)

Get me n80 tomorrow through post. Man those things are hard to get hold of, mine is on £30 pcm Orange contract, handset free.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Just to chuck my two penneth in - nokias inteface has been shit since they started making colour phones. 6210 ftw.

SE phones are decent, but far and away the best I've used is the Orange SPV C600. It's windows mobile, so I guess it could be considered a PDA but it's the size of a K700i so it's pretty fucking good.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah I found that as soon as Nokia went colour they lost the ability to make good UI's -for a while. The new series 60's phones are very easy to use and very customisable, I found that wasn't the case with Motorolas or SE's. Personal thing I suppose, but after having a Motorola and then two SE's before my 6680 I vowed never to leave Nokia again.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ch3tan said:
Personal thing I suppose, but after having a Motorola and then two SE's before my 6680 I vowed never to leave Nokia again.

Me too!!

I hated everything about the SE i used...I couldnt wait to gte back to nokia

Aada

Part of the furniture
dysfunction said:
Me too!!

I hated everything about the SE i used...I couldnt wait to gte back to nokia

think the SE i had was the T80? or something silverish phone with a black boarder around the screen and a funny stick thing in the middle.

was awful for texting especially the space button.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Just ordered an N91 as an upgrade from o2. Tried to charge me 200 quid while they're charging new customers only 150 quid. Threatened to cancel my contract and 5 quid off line rental for a year so works out as a 60 quid credit against the handset. Dunno why they insist on trying to rip off loyal customers.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Presumably because they think they've "got" you and so rather than go through the hassle of putting up a stink or doing the research they think they can just make the money off you. New customers need to be enticed.

That's why EVERY time your contract is up it's worth threatening to cancel and you should get a stonking deal.

DaGaffer

nath said:
Presumably because they think they've "got" you and so rather than go through the hassle of putting up a stink or doing the research they think they can just make the money off you. New customers need to be enticed.

That's why EVERY time your contract is up it's worth threatening to cancel and you should get a stonking deal.

Totally correct. I'm waiting for the n80 to come in but I casually asked in the o2 shop what they thought the updgrade price would be, and a got "between £150-£200" :eek6: - I know I can get it on a similar tariff for £50 from Orange, so that'll be my stick.

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
I got a N80 today on orange... I like it so far, but i'll be damned if I can get the wireless to work. I'm following the instructions (which aint very well layed out to be frank!) and still getting nowhere :p

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Actualy im pretty unimpressed. The useability is crap. The instruction book is crap, stuff is everywhere, stuff is everywhere in the phone, and I can't get anything over wifi to work except browsing web, which is slow as hell.

The PC software seems to only allow connection via cable/bluetooth/inftrared and not wifi, which kinda sucks since its a wifi phone..

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Should've bought an SE. The W950 is going to be something of a beast. :)

I bought a W810 off expansys a couple of weeks ago because I lost my K750 at work (stupid trousers with vertical pocket slits :eek: ). I temporarily went back to a T610 but then remembered why I stopped using it - the joystick.

Yes, Ch3tan, you were right in that thread a while back saying the build quality of the K750 (specifically the joystick) wasn't all that and a bag of potato chips. BUT the W810 doesn't have a joystick so as far as I'm concerned the only thing that was ever wrong with the T610/K750 has been sorted.

And it's not ginger. :D

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
W800 has a pretty decent joystick. I've had a few friends say how the joystick is crap on the K750. Only problem with my W800s joystick is the orange piece of rubber in the middle came out :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom