Nice One Iran!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Nice to see the Iranian Government trying to ease everyones fears by staging a military parade and showing off the new extended range Ghadr 1 missiles etc. Nice touch with the slogans on the side of the Missile Carriers to, 'Death to America' and Death to Israel. Yes, I know the parade is done each year at this time in memory of the 8 year Iran Iraq war but, this kind of idiotic propaganda is not helping the region one little bit. Just one step closer to another war!

http://http://www.7days.ae/en/2007/09/23/show-of-strength.html

And Ahmadinejad requesting to visit the the World Trade Centre site whilst visiting the UN in New York next week was a classy touch too. No doubt wanting a photo op' glorifying the martyrs. Fucking idiot!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Lets hope he gives the west the opportunity to turn iran into glass :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Iran need to be very careful for the next few months, America and Israel are both on the verge of launching air strikes against Iran's nuclear production and research sites. The yanks will only be goaded so far before they attack and showing off these new long range missles as well as touting how many centrafuges they have producing enriched uranium is not a good idea.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Lets hope he gives the west the opportunity to turn iran into glass :p

Hey, we need more estates.. I think it's about the UK expanded into foregin territories and start building ;D

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
omg Iran are evil terrorists who are buuildings nukes to destroy Israel and take over the world we need to stop them now!!!!!! :eek:

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
omg Iran are evil terrorists who are buuildings nukes to destroy Israel and take over the world we need to stop them now!!!!!! :eek:

oneoneoneoneelevenoneonetwelvethirteenoneoneoneone

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Yes, it's well known that funding and training for several Terrorist Groups like Hamas is provided by the Martyrs Brigade. What's your point?

My point is they are creating more tension when they would be better served to let the IAEA do their job and agree to all the monitoring. Not this stupid postering and threats. It just serves the US/media what they want on a plate. They really don't want to help themselves. It would be so easy to play this differently and make the US look bad.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Yes, it's well known that funding and training for several Terrorist Groups like Hamas is provided by the Martyrs Brigade. What's your point?

My point is they are creating more tension when they would be better served to let the IAEA do their job and agree to all the monitoring. Not this stupid postering and threats. It just serves the US/media what they want on a plate. They really don't want to help themselves. It would be so easy to play this differently and make the US look bad.

'In the energy-rich Middle East, only two countries have failed
to subordinate themselves to Washington's basic demands: Iran and
Syria. Accordingly both are enemies, Iran by far the more important.
As was the norm during the cold war, resort to violence is regularly
justified as a reaction to the malign influence of the main enemy,
often on the flimsiest of pretexts. Unsurprisingly, as Bush sends
more troops to Iraq, tales surface of Iranian interference in the
internal affairs of Iraq - a country otherwise free from any foreign
interference - on the tacit assumption that Washington rules the world.'

Words of Noam Chomsky cba to paraphrase, i would say it nicely sums up US intentions.

[THS] Chomsky: A Predator Becomes More Dangerous When Wounded

A link to the article whic i took it from.

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
'In the energy-rich Middle East, only two countries have failed
to subordinate themselves to Washington's basic demands: Iran and
Syria. Accordingly both are enemies, Iran by far the more important.
As was the norm during the cold war, resort to violence is regularly
justified as a reaction to the malign influence of the main enemy,
often on the flimsiest of pretexts. Unsurprisingly, as Bush sends
more troops to Iraq, tales surface of Iranian interference in the
internal affairs of Iraq - a country otherwise free from any foreign
interference - on the tacit assumption that Washington rules the world.'

Words of Noam Chomsky cba to paraphrase, i would say it nicely sums up US intentions.

[THS] Chomsky: A Predator Becomes More Dangerous When Wounded

A link to the article whic i took it from.

Iran, has obvious aggressive intent against Israel and the West. They make stupid fucking comments like "We can reach US targets" they parade their long range missiles. They use their Nuclear facilities to make weapons rather than energy. They openly support terrorist, and that combined with the weapons grade uranium is a danger to countries targeted for terror attacks.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Iran, has obvious aggressive intent against Israel and the West. They make stupid fucking comments like "We can reach US targets" they parade their long range missiles. They use their Nuclear facilities to make weapons rather than energy. They openly support terrorist, and that combined with the weapons grade uranium is a danger to countries targeted for terror attacks.

Did you read the article? I'm guessing no....

'It is alsonecessary to demonise the leadership. In the west, any wild statement by President Ahmadinejad is circulated in
headlines, dubiously translated. But Ahmadinejad has no control over
foreign policy, which is in the hands of his superior, the Supreme
Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. The US media tend to ignore Khamenei's
statements, especially if they are conciliatory. It's widely reported
when Ahmadinejad says Israel shouldn't exist - but there is silence
when Khamenei says that Iran supports the Arab League position on
Israel-Palestine, calling for normalisation of relations with Israel
if it accepts the international consensus of a two-state settlement.'

aika

Can't get enough of FH
It's widely reported
when Ahmadinejad says Israel shouldn't exist - but there is silence
when Khamenei says that Iran supports the Arab League position on
Israel-Palestine
, calling for normalisation of relations with Israel
if it accepts the international consensus of a two-state settlement.'

So he is contradicting himself?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
So he is contradicting himself?

how so ?

Ahmadinejad - one guy
Khamenei - the second one

one says something the US can use for their own propaganda -> Reports all over the world.
the other says something to improve the middle east situation -> silence by western media.

unless I completly misread it.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
oh sorry ;< still though kinda hard to solve the israel-palestine conflict if Israel shouldn't exist? :)

kivik

Part of the furniture
one says something the US can use for their own propaganda -> Reports all over the world.
the other says something to improve the middle east situation -> silence by western media.

unless I completly misread it.

That's right, and it clearly works very well.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
So you honestly think that Iran has peaceful intentions?

Well i suppose now it's a question of whether of not if they had nukes they would use them in an agressive manner, which they never would. As a rule nukes aren't a weapon of war, but rather something which prevents them happening. America don't want Iran to become a nuclear power as it would mean their survival as an independant state (therefore having control over their OWN oil reserves), not because they are some 'crazed extremists'.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Well i suppose now it's a question of whether of not if they had nukes they would use them in an agressive manner, which they never would. As a rule nukes aren't a weapon of war, but rather something which prevents them happening. America don't want Iran to become a nuclear power as it would mean their survival as an independant state (therefore having control over their OWN oil reserves), not because they are some 'crazed extremists'.

There's some sense here, however I dont like when unstable/extremist/religious governments have access to those, thats all. Even if Iran didnt have oil, they would still try to cripple their nuclear program (like they did to the North Korea one, eventhough North Korea doesnt have oil) just cause of that reason.

Gamah

Banned
The west should plow trillons of $ into alternative energy sources and let the middle east rot in it's own filth.

kivik

Part of the furniture
So you honestly think that Iran has peaceful intentions?

No, and USA certainly doesn't have 'bring peace to the world' intentions either.

I'm just saying that the western media are highlighting negative things and covering up positive things these middle east countries presidents say to spread the general hatred to the countries in the middle east.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
The west should plow trillons of $ into alternative energy sources and let the middle east rot in it's own filth.

I agree, let them have their oil when its a useless commodity that they cant hold western commerce to ransom with. Western Governments should be doing a shitload more to stop our dependence on oil.

And I want a flying car...

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
I agree, let them have their oil when its a useless commodity that they cant hold western commerce to ransom with. Western Governments should be doing a shitload more to stop our dependence on oil.

And I want a flying car...

How are they holding western commerce ransom?

kivik

Part of the furniture
I agree, let them have their oil when its a useless commodity that they cant hold western commerce to ransom with.

Hah, look at countries like Saudi-arabia, Qatar and Dubai. When the last palmy days of the western world comes to an end (not too far away). These countries will be ready to take over, together with China and India :)

Trust me, if there's a root to all these problems in the Middle East, it's us, we. It's not them.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Hah, look at countries like Saudi-arabia, Qatar and Dubai. When the last palmy days of the western world comes to an end (not too far away). These countries will be ready to take over, together with China and India :)

Trust me, if there's a root to all these problems in the Middle East, it's us, we. It's not them.

QFT

Zede

Part of the furniture

If we planted Hemp instead of corn/wheat across the globe , we could feed the entire globe( hemp 2nd to only Soya in terms of protein content) fuel every vehicle and power station on the planet(hemp oil), make every book on the planet out of the fibre. Dozens of other uses too. Every rope and sail in the Battle of Trafalger was made of hemp, nuff said !

oh, and get really really stoned.

Gamah is so right its untrue.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
No, and USA certainly doesn't have 'bring peace to the world' intentions either.

I'm just saying that the western media are highlighting negative things and covering up positive things these middle east countries presidents say to spread the general hatred to the countries in the middle east.

Maybe the media you read.

The media I read is able to translate texts properly.

That asshole being on top of Iran who says holocaust didn't happen should be shot and it would be best if an Iranian would do it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
How are they holding western commerce ransom?

Countries with a vital product (in this case oil) govern the price of said product, oil price per barrel eventually effects the price of all products and services in the west, pretty simple economics. At the moment the west cannot survive without oil, this is why America is trying to expand its influence in the East. If countries like Zimbabwe had oil the west would be in there like a shot, as it is with nothing of importance to export we leave them to self destruct, which will probably bring down half of Africa with it. If we didn't need oil to survive and used more renewable fuel sources we could leave them to rot in their own oil soaked shit, we would have enough of our own oil for things that have to have oil.

Its not just filling up your car that is effected by oil prices, you have to think of transportation of raw materials, transportation of people, plastics, chemicals etc (loads more)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom