NF & Buffbots

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:
Nobody likes losing, now thats a fact you cant run from eh?

Seems like you are losing .....now that's a fact you can't run from eh ?

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
Fucks Sake Ive Been Trying To Get In For 2 Hrs To Clicking Each 3rd Second And Motherfaggets With Buffbots

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Buffbots or not, the servers would still be full and its completly unplayable when it goes 1300+, 10-15sec delay on every keypress, hf rvring.
If your RL allows you to, try early mornings weekdays, no lag at all

Stok@s

Fledgling Freddie
Hamro said:
Fucks Sake Ive Been Trying To Get In For 2 Hrs To Clicking Each 3rd Second And Motherfaggets With Buffbots

lol m8 im trying to get in like 4hrs :( :(

and i did manage to log in @ 1pm and saw like 12 bb @ CS and some more scared by central keeps :flame: its ok for ppl having bb and see how it works but come on guys log them off!!

dont know what´s lammer bb´s or droping items on the ground maybe its to hard making SHIFT + D on them dunno o_O

Marc

FH is my second home
Dorin said:
well arent you cute :> retards like you shouldnt name anyone, just fuck off to a dark corner and stfu forever :> oh and dunno how cant you see the logical connection between blocking 2 places for 1 hour than blocking one place for 5+ hours. As i already mentioned, i didnt log on a bb at all, just sad to see some "smart" ppl like you coming to the boards and whining cuz couldnt access the beta test at launch (if its not the case, then you got some mental problems which are beyond me:() Dunno whats your problem pal, but you are seriously a dumbass :<

:flame: :flame:

no you should fuck off. You havent made one valid argument in your posts Comparing 2 places for 1 hour and 1 place for 5 hours, jesus, what planet are you from? I have yet to meet anyone as stupid as you on these forums (and thats saying something) wipe the spit of your monitor and call an ambulance.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Hamro said:

Seems computer speed means alot, and isp.
As u make it sound, u never even get to press "play" when its at "1495" then go to the "to many players cous mythic suck" screen.

But anyway, i seem to take around 5-35 mins to log on evrytime, and btw, if u login to the "to many" screen 2 times fast in a row, u just get "ur logged in" error, so push with a bit more delay and stop DL pron same time :)

And for evrybody : STOP TAKING ABOUT BB's, THIS TALK AINT GONNA GET ANYWHERE

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, sorry, I am a dick, I know.

Just had to try out buffed infil, and yes, it was easier to land Dragonfang than Achilles.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
/laugh at all those whining bout BB's

I understood this to be a beta test....since my money is as good as anybody elses, I would not feel guilty at all about playing two chars on that server should I wish to even go on it.

As for taking up 1-2 slots for x time who honestly give a flying toss.

If I pay my money I am fully entitled to go on those servers with whatever chars GOA allow me to make as many times as GOA will allow me to go there and for whatever GOA allow me to do.

Frankly, I feel that there is some serious issues people need to deal with, you are NOT entitled to anything more than me, you are not right just because x number of people do it.

Is a BB worse than somebody creating his first lvl50 (even though he hasnt ever reached 50) and then participating in NF?

Is a BB worse than a Middie creating an Alb to really see how crap it is?

Get a grip people, its still a game, GOA is giving us a taste of NF and hopefully (I presume) beta test it for them too.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Tay said:
As for taking up 1-2 slots for x time who honestly give a flying toss.
Obviously about 9 pages of people do. Some people on here actually try to be fair and give everyone a chance to get on instead of hogging an extra slot with /clientsleep for there buffbot.
Imo this thread is a great example of how greedy some people have become.

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously silly whine. Buffbots are just part of the game, accept it. I personally don't have a bb, but heres how I think about it....

The guy trying to log his bb account faces the same struggle to get access to Gorre as anyone else. Basically, even if bbs didn't exist Gorre would still be full anyway (in peak hours).

Buffbots are just part of the game, any argument about taking up server space etc.. is invalid unless you apply it to all servers, not just Gorre. (Yeah I know that the English servers are never full, but the point is still valid.)

Arguments about "yeah but the bb is taking up a slot that some1 could be using to actually beta test!!!11" is BS (imho). Like anyone but a tiny minority are doing any meaningful testing. Most are just rampaging through NF having a jolly good time. Don't try to kid us that you object to bbs on Gorre just because you think its unfair in principle. I suspect most of you object just because you had a hard time logging in. Well, so did I, so did the guy with the bb. Tough break innit..

Exactly how are Goa, GMs, or anyone else supposed to identify BBs without making mistakes and nailing legit clerics/shammys/druids or shafting LANs etc..? (can't do it via IP, can't nail Clerics/Shammys/Druids idling at tks...Ideas welcome)

Basically, you are assuming that your fellow players will have some decency and not take up 2 slots on a in-demand test server just so they can run a bb. Get real, this is daoc 2004, not daoc 2001. Moaning about it isn't going to change a thing, and you aren't likely to make any player with a bb go "oh yeah, I am being a bit unfair!", just becase you create a plethora of qq whines on fh.

Bottom line, buffbots are here to stay. On Excal, on Pyrd, on Gorre and on every other server, live with it. Only Mythic can do anything about that, and that just ain't gonna happen.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Completely agree with Skaven, also people who use a buffbot on the "real" servers will probably not even play without one even on a test server in Gorre.
Don't understand why people feel they need a buffbot on Gorre anyway, you don't keep the character and thus loose the rps after the test is over anyway.
And people that say things like they want to test how buff affect their character thats stupid as you will never know how your character will be affected by buffs untill they release NF on the real servers as there you have a capped SC / ToA suit and are prob ML10 or close to it which all make a great differance.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Chesnox said:
Seriously silly whine. Buffbots are just part of the game, accept it. I personally don't have a bb, but heres how I think about it....

The guy trying to log his bb account faces the same struggle to get access to Gorre as anyone else. Basically, even if bbs didn't exist Gorre would still be full anyway (in peak hours).

Buffbots are just part of the game, any argument about taking up server space etc.. is invalid unless you apply it to all servers, not just Gorre. (Yeah I know that the English servers are never full, but the point is still valid.)

Arguments about "yeah but the bb is taking up a slot that some1 could be using to actually beta test!!!11" is BS (imho). Like anyone but a tiny minority are doing any meaningful testing. Most are just rampaging through NF having a jolly good time. Don't try to kid us that you object to bbs on Gorre just because you think its unfair in principle. I suspect most of you object just because you had a hard time logging in. Well, so did I, so did the guy with the bb. Tough break innit..

Exactly how are Goa, GMs, or anyone else supposed to identify BBs without making mistakes and nailing legit clerics/shammys/druids or shafting LANs etc..? (can't do it via IP, can't nail Clerics/Shammys/Druids idling at tks...Ideas welcome)

Basically, you are assuming that your fellow players will have some decency and not take up 2 slots on a in-demand test server just so they can run a bb. Get real, this is daoc 2004, not daoc 2001. Moaning about it isn't going to change a thing, and you aren't likely to make any player with a bb go "oh yeah, I am being a bit unfair!", just becase you create a plethora of qq whines on fh.

Bottom line, buffbots are here to stay. On Excal, on Pyrd, on Gorre and on every other server, live with it. Only Mythic can do anything about that, and that just ain't gonna happen.
get reqal numbnuts.... bb's on test server SUCK....... i will repaet that bb's on a TEST server suck....

what kind of testing do you think BB's ae doing sat at border keep watching the grass grow and paint dry ? where people who do want to test and play nf TEST server will be able to find more bugs than a mug who's loaded a BB

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
You gotta be thick as sh*t to try and justify making a buffbot on a test server.

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
get reqal numbnuts.... bb's on test server SUCK....... i will repaet that bb's on a TEST server suck....

what kind of testing do you think BB's ae doing sat at border keep watching the grass grow and paint dry ? where people who do want to test and play nf TEST server will be able to find more bugs than a mug who's loaded a BB

Dude. Whether it sucks or not isn't the point. Who cares if you or I think it sucks. The guy with the bb doesn't think it sucks, obviously. Thats the end of the debate. You can look on fh & vn boards and find about 56billion 'BBs suck' threads. So what. BBs are here, and they're here to stay. Deal with it.....

And for the record, I think BBs on Gorre do suck. But then I think BBs in RvR suck period. But this is Daoc, and what I think doesn't mean jack shi*t if Mythic are unwilling to do anything about it. I've learnt to live with that and stop ranting about it, I suggest you do the same.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Chesnox said:

Not when he's logged one in first thing in the morning and either has a nice little turn macro going or is just running streight into the wall so he doesn't go ld.

Chesnox said:
Easy, GOA will have logs on how long people have been logged on for which account/alt and what they're doing keypress wise. Someone standing at the TK just hitting a few keys every hour is hardly someone going to be playing a legit buff alt.
This doesn't matter though, GOA are not there to enforce who should be there and who isn't. It just a matter of morality. If you think its all fine then /shrug. Just say's alot about the person that is defending the use on Gorre.

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Skaven said:
Easy, GOA will have logs on how long people have been logged on for which account/alt and what they're doing keypress wise. Someone standing at the TK just hitting a few keys every hour is hardly someone going to be playing a legit buff alt.
This doesn't matter though, GOA are not there to enforce who should be there and who isn't. It just a matter of morality. If you think its all fine then /shrug. Just say's alot about the person that is defending the use on Gorre.

Easy...you have no idea. You really want GOA to employ someone to trawl logs looking for ppl who have BBs just to satisfy your 'morality'? Do you have any idea how hard and time consuming that would be? And do you realise that the only outcome, other than to satisfy your personal anti-BB morality is to antagonise a customer who pays exactly the same subscription fee for his right to access the server as you or I.

Its not about morality, its about money. As I've said in previous posts, BBs are here to stay, Mythic benefits, GOA benefits, arguably we all benefit (since there are possibly x0.5 as many subs paying for continued development of this game than there would be in BBs didn't exist). The downside is logging onto the test server takes a little bit longer. Cry me a river.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Chesnox said:
Easy...you have no idea. You really want GOA to employ someone to trawl logs looking for ppl who have BBs just to satisfy your 'morality'? Do you have any idea how hard and time consuming that would be? And do you realise that the only outcome, other than to satisfy your personal anti-BB morality is to antagonise a customer who pays exactly the same subscription fee for his right to access the server as you or I.

Its not about morality, its about money. As I've said in previous posts, BBs are here to stay, Mythic benefits, GOA benefits, arguably we all benefit (since there are possibly x0.5 as many subs paying for continued development of this game than there would be in BBs didn't exist). The downside is logging onto the test server takes a little bit longer. Cry me a river.
Go re-read my post. Your missing the point entirely.
But just incase you cba -
No I do not expect GOA to employ someone to do so, and don't one them to. I never said they will, nor did I say they should. I was mearly answering your remark that it would be incredibly easy to find who is and who isn't using a BB if they did.
I have a BB myself on the main server, infact I have two. I think they're shit, but considering every dog and there owner has one then I feel as if I need one to compete. My point is not whether BB are shit or not, its the fact that people feel the need to use one on a test server, thus taking an extra slot up for someone else that is trying to log on and play. If you can't see that in the last 9 pages then really you need to open your eyes and re-read the whole thread.
Now please, cry me a river. I'll even supply the paddle so you can boat down it.

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
The biggest looser's, are those who have accepted buffbots, WHY accept it?!!, i will never accept that a game have to be played on two accounts to be a "playable game". I have a hard time in rvr yes, and the only reson for this is i play the game with what the class/classes provide, and what items that i can get my hand's on, not by a Noobbot.
If im in a group with a bufferclass i ofc accept the buffs as that is what beeing in a group 2 - 8 players provide.
it is correct that as long players have accepted the noobbot's and willingly pay for 1 or 2 more accounts then mythic will never change the buff system as it would cost them money, althoug good moral would have told them a long time ago that somthing needed to be changed.
I will never accept Noobbot's!

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
1. you're a thane .. what a surprise you're having "a hard time" in RvR.
2. It's easy to not accept buffbots when you play a class with (self)buffs.
3. yes logging a buffbot on a server with limited slots sucks.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
I dont see any problems in testing a buffbot on Gorre - testing it shouldn't take longer than 15mins though :p

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Gorrion said:
The biggest looser's, are those who have accepted buffbots, WHY accept it?!!, i will never accept that a game have to be played on two accounts to be a "playable game". I have a hard time in rvr yes, and the only reson for this is i play the game with what the class/classes provide, and what items that i can get my hand's on, not by a Noobbot.
If im in a group with a bufferclass i ofc accept the buffs as that is what beeing in a group 2 - 8 players provide.
it is correct that as long players have accepted the noobbot's and willingly pay for 1 or 2 more accounts then mythic will never change the buff system as it would cost them money, althoug good moral would have told them a long time ago that somthing needed to be changed.
I will never accept Noobbot's!

Agree 100%

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well I dont reallly like people having bot in NF Beta but seeing so many gimped infils that are buffed and getting killed by an unbuffed hunter that get's pa'd then i can see why some use bot's.

But I enjoy playing my hunter as he is, with selfbuffs and a few bounty pots. But a bot would keep me from getting 2 shot. Or nuked to hell before getting time to react.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
2. It's easy to not accept buffbots when you play a class with (self)buffs.

This is hardly a valid argument. Classes with self-buffs were given them as part of their overall balance.

It's a bit like Reavers and Valewalkers being given offensive/defensive procs as part of their initial balance, and then letting everyone else have 1 (artifacts) without compensating Reavers and VW, who cannot use thier own if they use arti procs.

Self-buffers buffs should, at the very least, stack with cleric/druid/healer buffs to return some balance to those classes.

Indio

Fledgling Freddie
I always thought that if your char remained 'inactive' (no buttons pressed for a certain length of time) they were kicked from the server? So BB's standing around would fall into that category?

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Indio said:
I always thought that if your char remained 'inactive' (no buttons pressed for a certain length of time) they were kicked from the server? So BB's standing around would fall into that category?
Just jump with the char now and then, and since you die now and then you have to rebuff and thus the bot dont go inactive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom