NF & Buffbots

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
So.... how much 'testing' are you 'testers' actually doing? The 2 hours people spend standing around tweaking their items/RAs/Specs before even moving away from the starting towns isn't really called 'testing'. Whining about BBs vs Standing around taking up a server slot while fighting over some item keys... yip, great argument :)

And yes, the /clientsleep command needs testing, so people can just run 2 accounts to 'test' that.

And yes, I run a BB, have done for years, will continue to do so, on Gorre or on Live servers. But considering I only play from 1am to 5am nowadays due to work, then I really don't think Gorre will be at its limit.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
If the people running running a bot on the test server can't handle having their advantage gone, why not just role a class with self buffs and use the rogs with +25% buff bonus?

I'm guessing theres going to be a fair few archers around, hunters and rangers have a bloody buff line, USE it.

Same effect as having that buffed advantage, plus more people are able to log in and try NF out.

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
I dont rly care about testing NF, NF is something i will get to test sooner or later for free, but testing a lvl 50 char in alb is not something that will be possible in a near future for me cause of various reason, money for accs+time lvling and all that shit.
So yes i created a buffbot for my infil, and your probably right, i dont need a buffbot to kill 1 unbuffed opponent, but i like to take out a few at same time xDDD
Anyway, there was quite alot of buffed enemys i fought!
And dont worry, i logged off several hours ago, wasnt prime time :)

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
If the people running running a bot on the test server can't handle having their advantage gone, why not just role a class with self buffs and use the rogs with +25% buff bonus?

I'm guessing theres going to be a fair few archers around, hunters and rangers have a bloody buff line, USE it.

Same effect as having that buffed advantage, plus more people are able to log in and try NF out.
Advantage gone? anyone with a char that requires buffbot to stay alive got one, well 95%
Buffbot on say excal is not an advantage, its to be equal

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Just take there acc's of the server list and have done with it after all they are hardly helping to find bugs.

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Tazock said:
Best thing that could happen to DAOC is if they got rid of all those buffs all together, except chants/self buffs. Then we are back to the base of the game and that is character building. It won't change a thing in rvr except casual players have more chance. Gank group against gankgroup will be same cause they where first buffed to the teeth and now they all don't have buffs.
Imo the stats you have from your equipment and char are the stats you have to play with.

Totally agree, the game's win/lose senario is almost 100% based on who has the best buff's, and that is such a shame, that i almost find it sickening that Mythic has not confronted this devastating factor to the game, especially in the player vs player end game.
The entire Buff system should have been re-programmed a LONG time ago, and today buffbot's account's is almost supplying 50% of all active accounts. It is just sick!

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
HitManDan said:
thats funny... seem to recall someone asking people to log buffbots off at the CS portal stone, then you going off on one about he was a n00b and should QQ and make a buffbot of his own?

nice change of tune when the shoes on the other foot i guess :m00:

erm?
i've no recollection of that and i play a hib chanter anyway, so where u got that from i dont know.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Vireb said:
GEDDIT yet retard ?

So you and the other 10 randoms say every stealther should play unbuffed on gorre because its a test server.

Right, since when is an unbuffed stealther "real"?

Ask yourself this question, do 90% of stealthers go unbuffed on normal servers while fighting their foes? (who are also botted mostly)?

The answer is obviously no.

Stealthers are the greatest example in this case.

The problem with this discussion is that people want to test for Real how nf will be, and for stealthers it is a must to have all the buffs on themselves. As for any other class, since rvr (in an optimal case) is not about going with smite cleric baselines and dying to the first agroing player you meet.

Also, it doesn't make sense if I can't log on gorre because someone is there for 6 hours / someone logged a buffbot there for 1 hour.

As an outsider I see it is 1500 players. A player playing there for 6 hours counts the same as a buffbot, an account which is logged on gorre.
Active or not, an account which is on gorre for 6 hours and I still can't get in.

Not that I care that much, I just play on another server as it is not necessary for me to be on gorre which has 10 second lag spikes in the evening (atm at least). Nor it is for anyone else, I am sure you cannot test rvr normally with these huge lag spikes.

Also some of you should think about how aggressively you judge certain people here for making buffbots on gorre which is a Test Server to its most.

I don't want to justify buffbots but as they are now part of the game kind of, I don't accept people calling other people "sad" "retard" etc. for making buffbots on gorre.

Etaew

Can't get enough of FH
on a limited space server, buffbots take up slots which could be used by people who cant get on, not many more bugs will be found because the combat is more realistic because you are fighting buffed opponents while being buffed then the other way around :)

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
not many more bugs can be found if you are running around in items that have taken you 3 hours to get, organise and decide what you want to use. So remove BBs? Ok, remove the item chests, cause you can just use the merchant items to the same effect.

After all, no difference between the chest items and the merchant ones when it comes to testing for bugs with NF.

/em steps back to watch people whine some more without thinking their own argument through.

Margaret

Loyal Freddie
This isn't a test for us.

This is a test for GOA.

Having half the accounts standing around inactive, not doing anything but passively providing buffs for another account, is not a good testing situation. It will not provide GOA with the optimum amount of information on how their servers will handle NF and active usage of it.

And buffbots on a beta test is just lame.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Gorrion said:
Buffbot players are actually the worst at playing the game, they have a bb because the do NOT know how to play the game. Buffbot players are and always will be the biggest noob's in the game, "Dark age of Camelot." having no clue what so ever how to play their class/ classes in their original form,
they are noob's above all.

Saying so, is just plain stupid imo, its a step u need to take, if u wanna keep op, i cant se why ppl using bbs (me for once) makes me a shitty player, imo its fair that i can cast mess in 1 sec and not 3, since the eny maybe can nuke in 1.2 and not 2.5 sec.

I would agree, if they removed ALL bbs, it would be ok.
But a unbuffed caster vs unbuffed melee = melee win 15/85
Buffed caster vs buffed melee = 60/40 imo caster/melee
Tho as long as u can stand afk with a cleric at apk, ppl gonna do it since their counter enys does. And mythic/goa is never gonna tuch the isue with a bad fealing tbh, cous its MONEY, yes thats right this its ALL ABOUT MONEY. Its a company making money, bb= more money bb= ok

I cant se why u all whine about the goa test server, tbh when ppl pay for it, PAY to test for goa, i think its ok they also can test a little FOR THEMSELF, to se if they wanna play something new, and buffs mean quite a FUCKING LOT with any caster if u wanna se if its a fun class.
And yes /clientsleep need testing tbh

Just my opinion, now im gonna get flamed flamed flamed :flame: :flame: thats for sure

ps, could login on gorre evrytime evry day, less qq about that, took max 10 mins to get chanter in, and after 12 there was loads of spots, same today

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Wazkyr said:
I cant se why u all whine about the goa test server, tbh when ppl pay for it, PAY to test for goa, i think its ok they also can test a little FOR THEMSELF, to se if they wanna play something new, and buffs mean quite a FUCKING LOT with any caster if u wanna se if its a fun class.
And yes /clientsleep need testing tbh
No, you pay for the normal service. The test server is just a bonus. When people abuse the bonus it get's taken away.

Don't expect them to do anything like this again.
When 99% of the server isn't using a BB it's hardly going to be a good judge of whether its going to be a 'fun' class. You can judge that from either feedback from other people, or within the first 10 mins of running out into the new zones. You don't need buffs for that.
Playing new classes etc is fine, everyones done that. The thing that gets my back up is when people selfishly log two accounts in and use one as a buffbot so they can wtfpwn in rvr, when they know full well that theres 100's of other people trying to login to actually see it for the first time and maybe actually do some PROPER testing and report bugs they find.
/ban needs testing tbh.

Edit: if you want to wtfpwn then go roll a BD. without buffs took down 4 albs one after the other and would of been more if I hadn't of run out of power.
Opened my eyes a bit to how (over)powered this class is.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
and for stealthers it is a must to have all the buffs on themselves.

Why is it a 'must'?

If everyone else is unbuffed then why ffs is it a 'must' for stealthers to be buffed? If you can't play the class then practice.

Wanted to be buffed to wtfpwn on a test server is so sad it is laughable. It is the sort of thing my 11 yr old son would do. About sums it up.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
VidX said:
So.... how much 'testing' are you 'testers' actually doing? The 2 hours people spend standing around tweaking their items/RAs/Specs before even moving away from the starting towns isn't really called 'testing'.
Seriously, get real. There is no sense in trying to shame the general player base in trying to do "testing". People will be people (and this is why you see buffbots on the test server), there is no changing it--Tragedy of the Commons and all that. GOA knows this and I am pretty sure that they regard the current open beta as more of a stress test than anything else; the focus testing conducted by the E&Es should have ironed out the important bugs anyway.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
With so many buffbot users already clogging the NF world a pertinent question seeks an answer. Has the new functionality in the patch for running 2 accounts on same computer done what is was supposed to do, less LDs and ghost LDs or same situation as before?

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
Why is it a 'must'?If you can't play the class then practice.

Not going to reply too much for you as I don't really adore people who question my skills without having a clue (I myself don't play a stealther on gorre anyway, but I know how to play basically any classes, thank you).

It is a must as you will meet BUFFED opponents in like 90% of the cases.
Don't even think of replying "you won't" no, you will, that is like sure as death.

Your 11 year old son does not have a job hence cannot afford to keep up 2/3 accounts, imho, so it's a thing mostly adults do.

I still don't really get why are people so stressed of a test server that they call others retards and sad. :l

(and for a new note, unskilled, but you are obviously more skilled than me as "Skil"l is a part of your nick)

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>Advantage gone? anyone with a char that requires buffbot to stay alive got one, well 95%. Buffbot on say excal is not an advantage, its to be equal.

So just exactly how does your train of thought go when you compare the situation on Excalibur with Gorre? And there are no chars that need a buffbot to stay alive except in contaminated areas like the regular servers. Head back to memory lane and have a look at the first 6 months of the game, people seemed to do fine in rvr until the quest for the holy realm rank was introduced to the game. :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Lothandar said:
(and for a new note, unskilled, but you are obviously more skilled than me as "Skil"l is a part of your nick)

actually Skilgannon is a fictional character in a series of books...

and please tell me how 2/3 shotting unbuffed people on the test server is going to tell you anything about the new RAs and stuff.

On the normal servers 90% of the people are buffed ofc but on test its probably less than 10% (disregarding grouped or self buffer people) surely fighting them on a level playing field would be more informative (on normal servers buffed is a level playing field)

Belcar

Fledgling Freddie
Just my opinion here; feel free to ignore me, sure.

Also, before you read this, I should point out that I've previously been a senior playtester in another game, admitedly not as complex as this, but I have a habit of checking out the low level detail (even if this isn't something necessarily sought at this stage).

For instance, how many other people wondered why there wasn't a relictaken_albion.wav file, or did you all jump straight into the sndfiles.csv file to see we in fact use the bigbell.wav sound? Pedantic, maybe, but there we go, but I wasn't expecting to hear the sound for real :)

I rolled a buffbot.
It happens. People have buffbots (I have a 50 enh cleric on one account - which I didn't create until I was RR5+ anyway; but I also have a rejuv spec cleric on the other, and is he a buffbot?). Therefore, test it.
I confess I was especially interested to see the effects of /clientsleep on the client side (I went from having 2 processors running 100% to 2 running at about 25-35% on my box when back in windows and both minimised btw - very significant amounts without obvious loss of 'performance' {like /stick} from the perspective of the in-game playing one).

HOWEVER - I chose to do all this at about 3:30 AM when there were about 200 slots free or so, and it's not my intent to stop others trying it out at busier times.

TBH; I'd far rather be levelling my 8th (!) 50, or getting RPs I'll keep! :)

I think my only minor concern was that people at a keep, but not actively involved in the action, share the keep defence RP pool - especially given the ease with which bots could now reach keeps; but that's not a bug, so not worth reporting as such, but maybe some comment here? I leave that up to you chaps. It's not like you're earning huge amounts, but NF will potentially up the RP farming potential. (says the Prydwen Alb)

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
Heath said:
I almost did my own naming and shaming last night. Was gonna take the names of all the BBs and post them on here. But, i thought "why bother". The people using them dont give a rats ass anyway. Plus, they must know it will piss people off. If not, why name your BB something like GHJKLKJHGHJK

Scared incase we find out who you really are ??...should just look for the SAD SELFISH BASTARD tag above your names.

And as for the guy who said..if i play 2 accounts for 1 hour..is that not the same as 1 guy for 4 hours...what frigging planet are you on??...you play 2 accounts..its stops one person from coming on. And..for 1 hour...be real..you get a BB, lvl 50..RR6 and would play for 1 hour !!...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH<deep breath>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

Bullshit, you would be one of the sad people who would not stop til you reached RR10L10 and came to FH to bask in the glory of being the leetest test server killah. Twats like you make this game stupid. The sooner they nerf the BBs the better. Same as radar users...would be a lot of "time to move on" and "stupid GOA nerfing assholes" posts on here.

fact : Roll a ranger with 40 PF and 45 recurve and try to survive at exc/hmg/odins.Then tell how many kills have you managed to score.

and edit : I still cant log on to gorre,thanks a lot BB guys!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Have to say from an Albion perspective that alot of people were running around with the zerg on thier buffbots and ae buffing everyone, whilst it is unfair to have 2 accounts running on a test server at least many of them used thier buffbots to help others and actually put them in harms way. The most buffbots I saw parked at CS all night was 4, hardly a plauge now is it?

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Saw lots of BB's outside Drum Ligen....its just sad that people have to use buffbots even on this server just to get an advantage. Not only that...you take up spots for those that want to get online and just play around with diffrent classes.

:puke:

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:

i play a ranger on there with 25% and 48 pathfinding, works well enough for me, 2060WS with bow out, 1.2k ish with peircers, wheres the problem?

i dont see point in a bot on there, they should just put a buff NPC in there some where, like at DL/other tele keeps

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Cant beleive how many idiots on here defending using a BB on gorre test server.This is a test server where most are unbuffed and the space your BB takes is needed by others who do wanna test.
All this talk of BB making it real or needing BB to compete is bullshit and just an excuse to cover ppls lack of skill or even lack of desire to have fair fights.If u are gonna use a BB on gorre pls atleast be honest and admit u are so weak that u cant stand the thought u MIGHT lose the odd fight to some1 else whos buffed.

Mr.Brand

Fledgling Freddie
Cruhar said:
As a solo caster in DF stuff you dont have strength enough to carry around all them juicy Siege-stuff so I need a BB to test properly :(

I'm hoping you're joking.

You can make any fucking class you want, in all realms. Why pick a weak
caster when you want to try the siege equipment?

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
VidX said:
So.... how much 'testing' are you 'testers' actually doing? The 2 hours people spend standing around tweaking their items/RAs/Specs before even moving away from the starting towns isn't really called 'testing'. Whining about BBs vs Standing around taking up a server slot while fighting over some item keys... yip, great argument :)

And yes, the /clientsleep command needs testing, so people can just run 2 accounts to 'test' that.

And yes, I run a BB, have done for years, will continue to do so, on Gorre or on Live servers. But considering I only play from 1am to 5am nowadays due to work, then I really don't think Gorre will be at its limit.

Was on at 1.30 a.m. and I couldn't get on thanks dude :drink:

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
Suppose it's useless argueing over this, but I'd just like to say that if there are bugs at all, it's harder to find them, than just run into them.

Playing the game as anyone would do normally, creates more chance of finding/running into bugs rather than specifically looking for them.

That's also why Open Beta tests are usually the best, as you have a large user base basically twinking and testing their chars, and they might eventually run into bugs, if not, then GOA have done well haven't they :)

If you really do play the Test server just to hunt bugs 24/7, then it would be a good point that you've made a Buffbot in order to see if there aren't any bugs with the buffs :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom