NF & Buffbots

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
SevenSins said:
Suppose it's useless argueing over this, but I'd just like to say that if there are bugs at all, it's harder to find them, than just run into them.

Playing the game as anyone would do normally, creates more chance of finding/running into bugs rather than specifically looking for them.

That's also why Open Beta tests are usually the best, as you have a large user base basically twinking and testing their chars, and they might eventually run into bugs, if not, then GOA have done well haven't they :)

If you really do play the Test server just to hunt bugs 24/7, then it would be a good point that you've made a Buffbot in order to see if there aren't any bugs with the buffs :p
yeah, i promise to report any bug i find caused by buffing or dual logging in NF :)

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
fotm said:
yeah, i promise to report any bug i find caused by buffing or dual logging in NF :)
Tbh, you can be sarcastic about it, but let's say, there WAS a problem with Buffs, let's say that that the purple resists, instead of being timered, lasted for 1808 minutes, instead of 10.

Noone would find out because all of your perfect little worlds doesn't have buffbots in it.

You can say what you want but even if people just use BB's to gain advantage, even they might stumble across things others would not, due to the simple fact that 1 is buffed, and another isn't.

I know it's unrealistic to think like this, but it IS a TEST Server isn't it?

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
I wasnt sarcastic, i pay for the game and will play it the way i want and use my BB on gorre until GOA says im not allowed to :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Lothandar said:
I still don't really get why are people so stressed of a test server that they call others retards and sad. :l
Perhaps you should go tell your brother to ease off, then, or does your logic only apply outside your own family? :rolleyes:

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
fotm said:
I wasnt sarcastic, i pay for the game and will play it the way i want and use my BB on gorre until GOA says im not allowed to :p
My fault then, misunderstanding :)

Tazock

Fledgling Freddie
I said It before and will say it again, buffs have become worthless in this game. Removing it will make everybody happy..saves a lot of downtime also.

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
It won't make everybody happy at all.

First, GOA would get less money.

Second, PVE would be hella harder.

RvR would "still" be balanced (just as it is now with Buffs, except for the rare few who don't have a BB)

I'm mainly bothered with #2, if they do ever (which = never) remove buffs they'll have to easen up mobs :p

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Ease up mobs?

Remember when Dartmoor was an epic zone? :p

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
SevenSins said:
It won't make everybody happy at all.

First, GOA would get less money.

Second, PVE would be hella harder.

RvR would "still" be balanced (just as it is now with Buffs, except for the rare few who don't have a BB)

I'm mainly bothered with #2, if they do ever (which = never) remove buffs they'll have to easen up mobs :p

BB's has made all buffs that, for example, hunters, thanes, rangers and champions have, pointless or worth quite little. If you would ask all goa customers then I would be suprised if even 50% got BB's...the diffrence is that people sometime can get buffs from someone who has one. Even tho I like having a BB for my classes in RvR I would prefer if they made all buffs on a 3000 area of effect - that wouldnt ruin the PvE part but still that wont ever happen since Mythic/GOA wouldnt make as much money then.

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
just like to say my little lot here
buffbots on gorre server why? i logged on at 6am this morning <due to mad work schedule> and when i entered alb frontier i saw over 15 buffbots!
a little silly.
yes i know people need to have buffbots to feel to be able to compete but all most people want to do on gorre is see what new frontiers is all about.
the easy solution to it is just see who is standing about and make their accounts go link dead if unactive for more than ten minutes.
lets let everyone see what the new look rvr zones look like but hey goa love taking twice the money.
my overall view of new frontiers ia i was nicely suprised.loved the keeps loved the new boat transport.
all most people want to do is take a look around and see whats new.i made myself aminstrel and travelled all over in no armour as i couldnt be arsed to get the armour
deepfried

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
There is no doubt about that the buffbot isue is probally the most discussed and also the most hated discussions on the board's, this post alone with 100 reply's and 3270+ views is proof enough of that.
But truth is that the buffbot's are sufforcating the game-play and ballance witch the classes represent, and its sad that it have come so far. The new buffsharing AE spells has been a futile attempt by mythic to get a more easy acces to buffs, to justify the massive abuse of the buff system and ofc not to do any harm on their money making mashines (buffbot's).
Even alot of players have got some very high realm ranks by having acces to a bb, it is never too late to re-program the buff system in Daoc, as buff's have alot more effect on the charecters than any realm rank, ML ability, Artifact, or Relic will ever have.
It is my hope that the programmers of Daoc soon will face the fact and make a more ballanced buff system, if even buffs are needed.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
fotm said:
Advantage gone? anyone with a char that requires buffbot to stay alive got one, well 95%
Buffbot on say excal is not an advantage, its to be equal

This is a test server people are talking about, not excal.

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
This is a test server people are talking about, not excal.
yes, but you said their advantage was gone and had to roll a bb there, and its not an advantage to have a buffbot fighting another buffed char, unless we talk about balance between buffbots, spec af, haste etc

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
fotm said:
yes, but you said their advantage was gone and had to roll a bb there, and its not an advantage to have a buffbot fighting another buffed char, unless we talk about balance between buffbots, spec af, haste etc

Down to greedy people running twice as many slots available to em, blocking others, its an advantage as it restricts others from loading a bot, aswell as even logging in completely.

Theres a limit on Gorre... which means people can't log in to try out stuff, and this is called "testing"... shock shock horror horro, test server being used to test stuff holly shit.

I'm all for someone actively playing a buff class if their actualy playing and trying stuff out and having fun.

My and maybe more peoples POV.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
if buffsheers were actually a viable form of offensive tool then i would say they were ok.

But

1. very very very slow casting time ie no point
2. damage is very little
3. that shell thing is an ok idea but drains mana way to quickly the person with the shell on cant do anything so whats the point in having it ?
4. your seriously damaging your other lines

the pbaoe buffs are nice but are likewise not really comparable to the actual con based buffs.

buffbots on gorre. YEs i coudl see that it might be seen a good way to test out weather or not the server can handle 100+ afk druids/clerics/shamans running on 1 computer with a second in the background. However surely it would be more beneficial if they were played by specific people instead ?

testing yes pwning no. I wonder how many of those peeps with buffbots are just rolling stealthers to win a lot

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
If the people running running a bot on the test server can't handle having their advantage gone.
Thats what i was refering to

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
Down to greedy people running twice as many slots available to em, blocking others, its an advantage as it restricts others from loading a bot, aswell as even logging in completely.

Theres a limit on Gorre... which means people can't log in to try out stuff, and this is called "testing"... shock shock horror horro, test server being used to test stuff holly shit.

I'm all for someone actively playing a buff class if their actualy playing and trying stuff out and having fun.

My and maybe more peoples POV.
I dont really care, i play the game as i want, just as some ppl go emain daily zerging and ruining MY playtime, making me log off for days and loose interest in the game, are they greedy to? no they playing the game as they want.
cant blame me for not having strong servers enough

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
fotm said:
I dont really care, i play the game as i want, just as some ppl go emain daily zerging and ruining MY playtime, making me log off for days and loose interest in the game, are they greedy to? no they playing the game as they want.

Thats hardly a good comparison - The NF beta offers, among other things, a chance for players to try classes they never played before and its not likely those chances, if any, will come again. While buffed players, zerging players on a regular server ruin your fun there you have option to not go to those places - there isnt any option for those that wanna try the beta.

Having two accounts online on Gorre during primetime when lots wanna log on and play shows two things in my book; That you are a selfish player who care very little about others besides your own fun...there might even be guildmates to you who cant log on due to that reason. It also shows that people have no interest at all to compete at equal levels but they will always look for any and all advantages - its like standing near those chests for hours just to get the uber gear.

I think its just sad that the game has to be about BB's even during these rare things. (the beta test)

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
Marcus75 said:
Thats hardly a good comparison - The NF beta offers, among other things, a chance for players to try classes they never played before and its not likely those chances, if any, will come again. While buffed players, zerging players on a regular server ruin your fun there you have option to not go to those places - there isnt any option for those that wanna try the beta.
I'm sorry but you seem to have double standards.

It's a Beta Test server, if it's "ok" for people to try out their chars, and see what they are like in RvR (thus, not testing, but messing around for their own good, and not for testing purposes), it is also "ok" to have a Buffbot in order to make their char testing complete.

This is, atleast how I see it.

I'm pretty sure GOA hasn't opened it to 1500 players to just test 24/7 though, I'm pretty sure they're also offering us a chance to see what NF is like for real with your own (created) or a different class, but if you want to play it that way, I can think of a lot more :)

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
Buffbots > Heath

Having buffbots standing at Sauvage, DL or Svasud adds to the amount of people in the zone, since the new frontiers is one big zone, it means people standing at portal keeps, adds to the pressure on the server, ergo; buffbots help testing.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Sobek said:
Buffbots > Heath

Having buffbots standing at Sauvage, DL or Svasud adds to the amount of people in the zone, since the new frontiers is one big zone, it means people standing at portal keeps, adds to the pressure on the server, ergo; buffbots help testing.
If it wasn't for the fact that at any given time theres about 100 or so more people in the queue trying to join the server your point would be vaild.

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
Still helps GOA test the server, do you really think they care? no. they get money from people running two accounts, and on a side note, do i care? no.

Its amazing how many "saints" there is in DAoC, i bet 99.9% of those who post here about their "Buffbots are for the weak!" have one them self, or beg for buffs at the Portal Keeps.
Nobody likes losing, now thats a fact you cant run from eh?

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Sobek said:
Still helps GOA test the server, do you really think they care? no. they get money from people running two accounts, and on a side note, do i care? no.

Its amazing how many "saints" there is in DAoC, i bet 99.9% of those who post here about their "Buffbots are for the weak!" have one them self, or beg for buffs at the Portal Keeps.
I have a buffbot myself, on the main server. My point is that it's not the fact that people have buffs, but the fact that people are willing to hog another slot on the server which could be given to someone that perhaps haven't even seen NF yet.
As for you caring, well tbh you woulden't be posting on here if you didn't.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Sobek said:
Buffbots > Heath
You are quite obviously either unable to read, have the attention span of the common housefly, or lack basic deductive facilities. The point is that a buffbot standing around inactive on Gorre is one less spot that can be used by an active player who wants to help test NF. Yes, go ahead, use your buffbots during off-peak hours when there are plenty of slots to go around, but clinging on to your precious buffs during primetime at the cost of others is sad. And no, this is not a general buffbot discussion (i.e. is buffbots bad for the game?) like you and Gorrion seem to think, but a discussion about buffbots on the NF beta server.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
fotm said:

Really not in the mood to talk about it more, too stubbon etc.

I know the about the zerg bit, but its the way the game is designed, not a valid argument, from my experience its a waste of energy whining about zergs as at the end of the day you get some wise guy going QQ, infact can be applied to everything about the game. :|

Good night.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
SevenSins:

I fully accept your views on the subject even if I dont agree with you - the fact that people log on just for fun is valid and a good excuse to log on in my opinion I just think its selfish against others, as one of my reasons, to take up slots during primetime just to have a BB online because I can promise you that most just stand around and the testing if buffs and whatever works is probably all done already.

I got a BB myself but I wont play it on Gorre at all even tho I like to have buffs as much as anyone else. One of my reasons are the one I posted a few lines up.

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:
Buffbots > Heath

My post is not about BB....so it blows that theory out of the water. As others have said, it is about hogging spaces on the TEST server with an inactive char. You might just as well log on with an infil and stand at Cs for 5 hours doing nothing. You stop people from getting on to try stuff. I have been lucky, i go on very late at night..and i am testing final specs for the various chars i have in the real game. I want to see how good they will be at the 50 level with different specs. THAT is testing. I also have a BB on Excali, she is 34 at the mo. BUT, i would not be so selfish as to make one on Gorre to see what lvl 50 specs can do. I know what they do from being buffed on Excali.

Either you have not read anything i, or others have posted, or you were trying to be witty. On the 1st one it shows you to be ignorant. And, on the second, it shows you up.
If you want to deny people places on the test server, go ahead..i am sure you can live with your selfishness..after all..you made it this far. But, i have 3 children..and i would like them growing up knowing how to share, play fair and basically be good. what you want people to remember you for is up to you. But, all i will remember you for is being a fool.

After all....it's not how you end the game..it's how you played it that people remember. ;)

Or....Common sense > Sobek

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
It is a must as you will meet BUFFED opponents in like 90% of the cases.
Don't even think of replying "you won't" no, you will, that is like sure as death.

Your 11 year old son does not have a job hence cannot afford to keep up 2/3 accounts, imho, so it's a thing mostly adults do.

(and for a new note, unskilled, but you are obviously more skilled than me as "Skil"l is a part of your nick)

Firstly. It is not essential for buffbots to be on Gorre. Really hope GOA do something about it.

Secondly. My 11 yr son has access to the same 3 accounts as me. He would probably roll a BB on Gorre (but then is he 11 not 10 so might not). I wouldn't.

Thirdly. Skilgannon the Damned as a name is nothing to do with 'Skill'. It is a fictional char from heroic fantasy who becomes a hero even though as a General he ordered a entire city to be put to the sword. I kinda like how a mass murderer in some eyes can also be a hero in others. Kinda reflects society and the world we live in. One nation's hero is another's bogeyman. Eternal shades of grey.

Sn00k3

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:

If you dont like to lose on a test server, then your a sore big fat tarded looser....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom