Newbies r cute!

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Beasly said:
ask me those newbies can f00k off, more people who get helped to level up means more competition for hunting spots, scroll, artis etc... not good on over populated realm.

hope that most people quit tbh

Nice Attutide M8s? o_O

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Beasly said:
ask me those newbies can f00k off, more people who get helped to level up means more competition for hunting spots, scroll, artis etc... not good on over populated realm.

hope that most people quit tbh
Best place to start is with yourself... so fuck off from daoc.

Nyssa

Fledgling Freddie
I remember when I was out on the plains with my mini, someone asked a ride to sauvage and I could choose something from his inventory! I was thinking omg, all those great weapons, what should I choose! Ofcourse they were lvl 10ish drops about 89% qua but hey, it looked awesome and I was so happy :)

slaaght

Fledgling Freddie
I remember being so keen in the early days that I was playing at 7 in the morning and made notes about people I'd met.

A guy called Cierwen went out of his way for about five minutes to go and find a rezzer in Mithra for me, at about level 7. I'd have lost about 2 mins worth of exp, but at that time when I was just exploring and taking in the land it took me a couple of weeks to get to level 10.

I fondly remember the first time I happened across Camelot after starting out as a fighter at Prydwen Keep. That was awesome (man!). And joining TMM within the first couple of days was handy, as I couldn't have wished for a better bunch of people as guildies :worthy:

Remember guys and gals that a few gold is a godsend for new starters who are making do with piss poor dropes stuff, and an EB and DMG shield from a passing wiz can make those level 1-5 fly by.

Some people, such as Beasly it seems, are so stuck up their own arses farming plats to buy ToA gear for their latest FOTM that they forget the people behind the chars.

What makes this game is the people, and once the nice people go there ain't no game!

Pritch

Fledgling Freddie
i was well chuffed when i got my first gold peice, earned it all, was about level 8 or 9 at the time with my Elf Ranger 'Salogel' (read backwards), was all farmed from greens because i ddint know what was what

~Pritch

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I remember when i looked at DAoC on a gamestore shelf and thought:

"That might be nice."

Before buying dance dance revolution.

Shake shake shake :kissit:

Shake shake shake :kissit:

Shake your booty! :kissit:

Helme

Resident Freddy
Aye newbies are so cute :) remember also when me and my cousing started to play.. and i got this cloak from someone it was bragging all day long until he got lucky and got an cloakdrop from an mob :D

Hakansson

Fledgling Freddie
started playing game with a pal , we get like 10G each and goes :clap: :clap: , then we buy uber purp wep's just coz we thought it would be gr8 with high dps wep's , boy where we wrong :> :wij:

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
Beasly - new players quit = game dies, remeber you were a little noobie once and judging by your attitude your either very inmature / 10 years old / or still a noobie.

Yea about cloaks, does anyone remeber that quest in alb where u have to go find that kids dad and then u get a cloak with a nice gold rim around it (same as a fine cloak but with stats, i think but dont quote me on that not played for awhile) i wouldnt tell my mates how to do that quest for a month because i wanted to be the only one with the cloak :D

<editied because of grammaticly error and spelling>

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
The innocent newbie is great - completely new to the game, scared of Bandits around Mithra, running around lost doing kill tasks... As long as they don't spam "GIVF CA$H PLZ!" I will help them out with a few golds.

The OTHER Newbie is the one I hate.

"'scuse me mate - can you tell me where I can find AC?"
From a level 50 Paladin in Epic.

"what is the best kind of mob for me to kill? i was killing Soggy Skeletons, but not getting any XP"
From a level 50 Necro.... Without a pet.

The Joy of Ebay!

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
the_hermit said:

"what is the best kind of mob for me to kill? i was killing Soggy Skeletons, but not getting any XP"
From a level 50 Necro.... Without a pet.

The Joy of Ebay!

:clap:

od_immortalis

Fledgling Freddie
Most prob an old thread but this is cool.

Remember my first few weeks on the game with my BD lol

"OMG! I got 1g!" - Sees friend with 100g "Dude... Can i borrow 5g?" - "no, go away" was like lol... "Rich bastard" :p

Is awesome first time you get cash/items though. Wish game was still this fun now :(

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Hehe, I remember the very first day, Excal/Hib.

Walking around Mag Mel I must have looked rather confused, and so a kind soul buffed me and told me all about the game, and gave me 1 gold (which I used to buy a purple con helmet). :)

Been changing realm since then, but that memory stays.

Gajinn

Fledgling Freddie
Heh, I remember when I wanted to transfer the whopping amount of 1 g 23 silver to my new toon, which was all I had, and I asked some fancy looking guy to help me with it, and I got 10 g. Thought it was a fortune. :)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home

A pre-Si quitter coming back to DAoC?

The real scary things aren´t the guys who´re asking about SI or ToA stuff, but the ones who don´t know where Lyonesse is or who´re getting lost in Forest Sauvage and Pennines.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
A couple of people i know who joined AFTER SI didn't know where those places was simply because people don't play there anymore :p Rather than just dumping new stuff into the game I'd like to see mythic revamp the older places a bit :)

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
Amanita said:
A couple of people i know who joined AFTER SI didn't know where those places was simply because people don't play there anymore :p Rather than just dumping new stuff into the game I'd like to see mythic revamp the older places a bit :)

I back that reply :)

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Amanita said:

totally agree with that!

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Had fun last night - ran around outside Aeigerhamn (Middie starter zone), and handed out 100g to every newbie I ran across. ^_^

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Was exping in Uppland yesterday and this purp SB starts killing grey mobs :p

I ask him why and he says' Im level 38, and these are white to me.'

I say 'You mean grey'

'Yeah' he says. 'Where can I find stuff to kill.'

Apparently he had been PLed to 38 and so I sent him to Spindellhalla

10 minutes later I was still giving him directions :fluffle:

Kadaar

Fledgling Freddie
Im totally new to DAoC and you people scare me :)

Having put 2.5 years into EQ I thought i could handle DAoC with relative ease but OMG. The sheer weight of new acronyms to learn (just so I can understand the answers to my stupid qustions!), maps to dig out and learn, different key bindings and all the other little things that you just overlook...

It's almost depressing. But also nicely refreshing and quite fun... If a little embarrassing.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
it'll take a while before you get to know everything, oooohh another cute thing about newbies is that they just spec randomly, they just put some cute spec points in f.e. fire magic and then think, gee I would love some ice too and ooh next lvl I'll take a sip of Earth to go with that :p

... or was that just my way of speccing when I first made a char :D

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
slaaght said:
Remember guys and gals that a few gold is a godsend for new starters who are making do with piss poor dropes stuff, and an EB and DMG shield from a passing wiz can make those level 1-5 fly by.

Some people, such as Beasly it seems, are so stuck up their own arses farming plats to buy ToA gear for their latest FOTM that they forget the people behind the chars.

What makes this game is the people, and once the nice people go there ain't no game!

To think this came from an Alb.. well said :) :worthy:

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Daoc took my mmorpg virginity.. no other game will ever be the same,
next mmorpg (WoW, DE w/e) il be thinking "leet" from the start, ie quickly lvl get "MP stuff" go RvR, not so much looking at the world with big eyes..
Oh how i miss the good ol days with exping in muire, SD, purp players were gods and going to emain at lvl 30 etc :(

/Minau

Periden

Fledgling Freddie
i remember my first realm on daoc was mid/pry on my hunter level 6 ( was gimped as first toon) i found blues were as tough as oranges then :/

a hunter level 14 i think who was a lgm flecter made me a bow he had crafted and some arrows, was nothing for him, was to me then he took me to nisse and told me about it. Thats the kinda person who gets you interested in a game like this, i just wish i could go back to when i started daoc again to get the same feeling i got when i started :(

fajjtiz

Fledgling Freddie
[QUOTE='The real scary things aren´t the guys who´re asking about SI or ToA stuff, but the ones who don´t know where Lyonesse is or who´re getting lost in Forest Sauvage and Pennines.[/QUOTE]

I still get lost in forest Sauv and Pennies, after almost 3 years of playing :(

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
When i started my first char almost 2 years ago (a pally) i happened to stumble into a guy who explained the basics, crafted me a sword, helped me get to lvl 5 etc...

After i dinged lvl 5 and spend all my 14 specpoints in thrust (seemed cooler at the time for some reason) we ventured out as 2 brave adventurers to slay the virgins and liberate the evil monsters... Or maybe it was the other way around. After a while he said "you aren't using your chants very much" and my obvious response was ofc "chants?" :p

Now when i think back i can't believe i ever made it past lvl 10 considering how i gimped all my chars.

I also remember when i asked what noob meant and immediately learned a bundle of useful expressions like "ffs" "lol" and such... People are so helpful ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom