New use for smite cleric in RvR :P

B

Balbor

Running around emain early saturday morning i found a totally new way my smite cleric can be useful in open rvr (appart from making SB look silly) while part of an Alb tankgroup. The make up was 1 Sorcerer, 2 Paladins, 2 Mercs and 3 clerics, 2 were under L50 rej spec.

Anyway, a battle starts and so does the lightning, 3 smites later i have two trolls using twin weapons trying to cut holes in me. I take out me handy mace and start bashing away, but my healths not going down, cause the other 2 healers are pritty much free to heal. By the time anyone figures out what's going on there healers are conducting a close inspection of the fair green grass and those 2 troll now deside they're on the decoy and make a move to get the real clerics - OH NO you turned your back on a smite cleric and now you're Stuned.

Anyway, nosie smiting clerics are easy to class as a cleric, all know that to win you must first kill clerics, quiet rej clerics able to do there job :).

O

old.linnet

Cool!

But could the rejuv clerics not just use baseline smite to fake being smiters? :)

H

hangianix

Kinda stupid reju's if didn't use stun as well... :p

K

Kahland

Yeah, cleric base stun is very good :)

especially with the new longer range instead of the old 850(?)

H

hangianix

1000->1350 and in 1.65 maybe 1500. Haven't checked yet whether they let it in. :)

Tho will s*ck at 1st with new range, due to smite still 1350. So you can stun but not nuke.

O

[Oo]Escape

Stun is cool, untill you make the mistake of using it on a Druid with that grey-con pest beside him. Thinking "baby wolf will agro on me, like... wtf can he do".

...and you spend the rest of the fight running away from a lv7 pet 'cause the bastard keeps on interrupting you :p

L

Lochlyessa

Try hitting the _lvl 7_ pet then? it's got ~150 life fgs.

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Originally posted by Lochlyessa
No don't kill me little wolfie - still makes me laugh that people run round for ages with the little blighter nibbling at them when they can probably kill it in two hits.

H

hangianix

Originally posted by Lochlyessa
Should be more, my lvl 40 insta cant kill it :/ (3xx cap afaik on grey)

O

old.Sko

healer can kill cub pet in 2 hits with 1h hammer.

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Originally posted by hangianix
Should be more, my lvl 40 insta cant kill it :/ (3xx cap afaik on grey)
Two types of grey pet - level 7 (35 Nurture 41 Regrowth) - definatly be killed in a few hits and level 12 (35 Nurture 40 Regrowth 9 Nature). Not sure how many hits it takes to kill the Level 12 pet, but probably not that many more.

H

hangianix

Originally posted by Maleg_Grumpton
Two types of grey pet - level 7 (35 Nurture 41 Regrowth) - definatly be killed in a few hits and level 12 (35 Nurture 40 Regrowth 9 Nature). Not sure how many hits it takes to kill the Level 12 pet, but probably not that many more.
Well insta+1 hit (kinda big due to self dmg add) is enough, tho would be better if just the insta could kill it. :)

M

Mills

Originally posted by Balbor
New use for smite cleric in RvR :p

Did smite clerics actually ahve a use in rvr before this? or ever?
:lol:

S

Shanaia

I was one of the lowby <coughs 47> rejuv clerics and off-fecking-course I was stunning :)

Was a great run btw .. I see why mids like to run around with 3 healers ... pretty much makes you impossible to beat without stlong assist-training

gave me 9000 rp's ... not bad for a lowby cleric

H

hangianix

Re: Re: New use for smite cleric in RvR :p

Originally posted by Mills
Did smite clerics actually ahve a use in rvr before this? or ever?
:lol:
Have you heard about pre 1.52 smiters?

G

Graknak

Re: Re: Re: New use for smite cleric in RvR :p

Thanes with b00fs and healing instead of weaponspec :p

M

Mills

Re: Re: Re: New use for smite cleric in RvR :p

Ok ok, do smite clerics actually ahve a yuse nowadays? lol... if a cleric needs to stun then im afriad its a group the cleric shouldnt be in.... a good rvr group, has its clerics well protected and good order..... pre 1.52 smite clerics were kewl to play..... but i meant kinda after 1.52....... :help:

H

hangianix

Jesus, why oh why albs think that you need to be smiter for stun...

H

hangianix

Re: Re: Re: Re: New use for smite cleric in RvR :p

Originally posted by Mills
Ok ok, do smite clerics actually ahve a yuse nowadays? lol... if a cleric needs to stun then im afriad its a group the cleric shouldnt be in.... a good rvr group, has its clerics well protected and good order..... pre 1.52 smite clerics were kewl to play..... but i meant kinda after 1.52....... :help:
Another question, have you ever had a good RvR grp? :p Or just read it somewhere :p

M

Mills

i dont think u need to be a smite cleric for stun, ive played a cleric thank you. i was mearly pointing out thats all, asking if smite clerics actually do have an rvr use? and yes thank you ive had a few good rvr groups..... O and er, if u notice in my message, i generalise it when i say clerics, as in i mean all clerics, not jsut smiters.. i no clerics get a baseline stun

B

Bleam

Smite cleric was fun

* Pre SC
* Pre Smite nerf
* Pre RA's

I used to be running around with my highest rr cleric on lancelot server with a minstrel, I was like omgwtfunbeatable :)
A stealther jumps me, stun / mez with minst and run away and smite :p
half fg mids were easy in those days... run in and mez not get resisted due to gimp epic stuff :0

Minst mezzes I keep smiting

Where were the times :'( :(

Z

zenith_merc

oO

Tbh.. We are running with a cleric with 21 smite.. And you should ( if u have it, that I think you should have ) use the insta pbaoe thingy when getting to healers/pbaoe grps.
Its really good, tbh.

V

vayasen

|Unless things have changes...Stun is baseline.

Rejuvers who dont use Stun in battles(battles where the opportunity arises) isnt using their full armoury.

I

ilienwyn

Well if you use stun at a determination tank you give them a very nice slam immunity without actually stopping them at all. With high determination the 9sec baseline stun lasts almost 0sec ;)

G

greatred

Originally posted by vayasen
|Unless things have changes...Stun is baseline.

Rejuvers who dont use Stun in battles(battles where the opportunity arises) isnt using their full armoury.
My rejuv/enh cleric in thidranki uses it to devastating effect sometimes... Usually cuts out a savage or BD for long enough for people to be able to kill it, if my group are on the ball that is.

Users who are viewing this thread