TV New Season!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
First episode ticks a lot of the right boxes.

It also has a multi racial girl playing Joel's white-in-the-game daughter, which will infuriate the incels. Which is a bonus.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
First episode ticks a lot of the right boxes.

It also has a multi racial girl playing Joel's white-in-the-game daughter, which will infuriate the incels. Which is a bonus.
A non-canon race? Unwatchable. Naughty Dog turning in their graves.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Omg black woman in to-TV video game adaptation is unrealistic!!!

Am fine with sprinting spore monsters though. legit.

Not played the game so hope it's a good show. Certainly wasn't boring.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Legend of Vox Machina s2 begins on Friday \o/

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I thought The Last of Us was excellent. I've not played the game(s) (haven't owned a console since the N64) but the Part 1 remaster is coming out on PC in March, it's on the wishlist.

Yoni

it is a two season arc so I am wondering where the campaign will be cut…

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I thought The Last of Us was excellent. I've not played the game(s) (haven't owned a console since the N64) but the Part 1 remaster is coming out on PC in March, it's on the wishlist.

Fuck me, the moment I stop my weekly search for news on the PC release, and they announce a release.

It is honestly the best story driven series of games I have ever played, especially the 2nd one.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Season 4 of Succession is obviously brilliant so far.

Season 2 of Yellowjackets is alright, it hasn't really found its purpose yet.

Ted Lasso and Barry are back too, both going strong.

Beef is fantastic...

Poker Face was good too...

...as is Lucky Hank...

Yoni

Gutted Ted Lasso is finished what a fucking superb show that was.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Star Trek Strange New Worlds is back, but it's not on Prime any more, it's on Paramount+ soooo...no.

Latest Grand Tour was genuinely laugh out loud funny, and now I really want to do a big road trip through Eastern Europe. Slovenia in particular looks absolutely amazing.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Latest Grand Tour was genuinely laugh out loud funny, and now I really want to do a big road trip through Eastern Europe. Slovenia in particular looks absolutely amazing.

I watched that too and want to go to Eastern Europe also. Was very funny

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I can definitely recommend Silo. I know some people here have read the books, well they have done an excellent job of adapting the first one so far.
Can second that. Season 1 was really good.

I was hoping that it was going to be a complete one-shot season wrapping everything up nicely with a proper end. But that's hardly how TV works nowadays is it :(

Other than that. Great.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Can also confirm Silo is worth the watch. Binged the whole lot over 2 days and really enjoyed. Also was hoping it was a one shot but will see if S2 is as good when it comes..

Just awaiting Severance S2 now too..

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just finished Witcher Season 3.

What a pile of gash the last two seasons added up to really. I can see why Cavill has left. The last season he didn't actually do anything - and it certainly doesn't revolve around his character at all and whoever is writing it has fallen into the traditional "it's the fucking patriarchy" pattern which makes you think about the modern world, rather than immerse you in the interesting world that they spent time creating in S1.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just finished Witcher Season 3.

What a pile of gash the last two seasons added up to really. I can see why Cavill has left. The last season he didn't actually do anything - and it certainly doesn't revolve around his character at all and whoever is writing it has fallen into the traditional "it's the fucking patriarchy" pattern which makes you think about the modern world, rather than immerse you in the interesting world that they spent time creating in S1.

View: https://youtu.be/ZAyhyVSIfmo

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah, watched that last night with the o/h. He pretty much nailed it all.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Agree on the world-building mostly. Compared to GoT they did a really poor job. Watched 2 seasons and can’t remember any of the factions, their motivations or locations.
Yeah, watched that last night with the o/h. He pretty much nailed it all.
He's pretty good at analysing some of this stuff, leans a bit too hard into all the tropes but it's pretty obvious that's to build a certain type of audience but when he makes a technical point (like world building here) it tends to be on the money.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He's pretty good at analysing some of this stuff, leans a bit too hard into all the tropes but it's pretty obvious that's to build a certain type of audience but when he makes a technical point (like world building here) it tends to be on the money.
Agree.

On the tropes bit - yeah it's getting thin that he leans into the anti-woke thing pretty hard but I don't think he does it when it's not a problem that detracts from the actual show he's analysing.

I made the point about the fucking patriarchy myself above before I'd seen his analysis. I groaned out loud at some bits of Season 3 because it's properly shoehorned in and takes you out of what little their was left of the fantasy medieval world bullshit, so it's fair game tbh.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Good Omens season 2 was a bit of a letdown as well. Witcher - crap, Secret Invasion - crap. I think Strange New Worlds is about the only current show I'm enjoying atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom