TV New Season!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Been watching Andor, its nice but christ almighty its moving at a glacial pace, it feels like its written to be binged all in one go but with the drip feed weekly releases that doesn't really work
We've been binge watching it over the last 3 days. Really loving it tbh.

One more to go :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I can't wait for the Harry and Meghan documentary, it's going to cause a seismic change.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The only people that seem to care about it are the loons, and they are getting proper upset about it, for...reasons.

Gwadien

Who fucking cares? This is just The Crown: The Whining Years.

I was joking.

I do think it's all manufactured though, like the Royals projecting they're going to become irrelevant so do the Kardashian thing.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Jack Ryan season 3 dropped all 8 episodes on Amazon today :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I started watching Avenue 5 and it's kind of shattered the illusion I had that everything Armando Iannucci has a hand in is gold. It's *alright* but nothing special yet.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I started watching Avenue 5 and it's kind of shattered the illusion I had that everything Armando Iannucci has a hand in is gold. It's *alright* but nothing special yet.
We watched the first season. Wasn't good enough for us to bother with S2.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
We watched the first season. Wasn't good enough for us to bother with S2.

Shows have to work really hard to maintain my interest these days. There was a time when I'd really stick with shows to the bitter end; can't be arsed anymore.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Am full of lurgy so have been catching up on various TV shows:

- Wednesday - really enjoyed this which surprised me a tad as the Adamms Family was one I'd watch if it was on, but wouldn't go out of my way to watch. Good story, well acted, and the soundtrack was superb.

- Pepsi - Where's My Jet - went on for about 3 episodes too long and ended up sounding like a Coca-Cola commercial. I registered my displeasure by purchasing 24 cans of Pepsi.

- The Harry and Meghan thing - wife put it on when I was too ill to suggest that would be a terrible idea. Two memories from it. 1) Why are these people claiming they've been hard done by from the living room of their mansion in the posh part of Santa Barbara? 2) I still don't care.

Thankfully she's been in the office today, so I'm back in control fo the remote. This means I've spent most of the day watching My Name is Earl on Disney+

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ve
We really enjoyed Wednesday.
We are much enjoying it too.

But there's a single sentence from the #metoo playbook shoehorned artificially somewhere in each and every episode. If it's not about the patriarchy it's about how women should be believed - and it pulls you out from enjoying the story and makes you feel preached at and I find it really jarring. :(

Gwadien

Anyone seen the new Witcher thing? I see it's been review bombed but when it's *that* low its probably because they have a gay character or something.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Anyone seen the new Witcher thing? I see it's been review bombed but when it's *that* low its probably because they have a gay character or something.

It's not done very well, new actor next season too.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It's not done very well, new actor next season too.

Well I thought Henry Cavill did a good job and then left because it wasnt being true to the source material.
The writers didnt think the source was fit for the "modern audience" so he left. He tried to push it in the right direction but was obviously outnumbered.

The new season will be worse if they are pushing the diversity and equality message and ignoring the source material

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

In before people make these comments:

Omg black elves
Omg there were no Chinese people back then
Omg it's not realistic
Omg it's nothing like the obscure 1931 comic edition version 1 therefore it's shit.

/S

We watched two last night. Neither like or dislike, will finish it and then see how we feel. Got a bit of a high-fantasy lul right now as it's all people seem to make.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
4 part mini series. Witcher origins, on Netflix. I quite enjoyed it, the CGI was awful at times and some of the one-liners get tiring, some are literally lifted from Schwarzenegger films. But it's OK for a 4 parter.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Watched EP1. On balance it was a sack of wank.

May finish if o/h insists.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I heard about Abbott Elementary a couple of weeks ago and just caught up (it's in the middle of season 2). It's brilliant - a mockumentary-style comedy (a la Parks and Rec) set in a school with great writing/casting.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Latest series of Fear the Walking Dead is as awful as the last season of normal Walking Dead was great. Except Morgan, underused.

Gwadien

Latest series of Fear the Walking Dead is as awful as the last season of normal Walking Dead was great. Except Morgan, underused.

I stopped watching it earlier in the season after you could clearly tell they were on a set, it was literally the worst shit I've ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom