TV New Season!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Most of their original stuff is just random stuff they have bought. most of it utter rubbish too.

Same as Netflix.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Just started watching the Dirty Money series on Netflix, interesting so far although seems I started in season 2 so gone back to season 1.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
There's a lot of "but that's not how it was in the books", and scaling things down due to the fact its a TV production, and the channelling looks a bit silly, but they also seem to understand at least parts of what made the series so good. Plenty of of foreshadowing for those that know.

I thought the trailer was pretty good, it captured the essence of the books. I would have shown channeling as fireballs and lightning, but magic turns some people off, so maybe subtle is the way to go initially.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on Terror is a good series on Netflix.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Sex Education.

We had it recommended to us. We binged the whole lot over 3 days. Season 3 starts soon.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Just finished Lucifer. One of the few series I've seen that has ended well.

Why am I crying on a Saturday night?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Final Space - S3 on Netflix (Yay, out yesterday)
Sex Education - S3 on Netflix (Out today, yay)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If they can renew Lucifer I can see them renewing this.
Well that's the guy who created it and his follow up video doesn't seem any more optimistic.

I hope you're right as I really liked Season 1 but then Season 2 started off really meh for me so I set it aside before finally getting through it so having now done Season 3 to see that video, I'm pretty bummed out about it.

Almost as bummed out as when
Bolo got killed, like what the what, FFS!
It is currently Number 7 in the UK though so maybe that will give it a shot in the arm, who knows?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The first season of Reservation Dogs just finished and it's really really good. Co-created and co-written by the ever-reliable Taika Waititi (What We Do in the Shadows is also airing its third season and is also really really good).

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

Well the first two episodes are out. A mixed bag imo. The writing is very clunky at times, mostly filler they've added to pad out the books, but the actors are good enough to compensate for some if it. But damn if all that Apple money isn't visible on screen. It looks stunning in 4K.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

I hope they nip the "omg Jakob isn't the father" story in the bud quickly, it felt like such an unnecessary thread to pull.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well the first two episodes are out. A mixed bag imo. The writing is very clunky at times, mostly filler they've added to pad out the books, but the actors are good enough to compensate for some if it. But damn if all that Apple money isn't visible on screen. It looks stunning in 4K.
Will steal tomorrow.

Halfway through book two atm. First time in 20 years. Still loving it :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

I hope they nip the "omg Jakob isn't the father" story in the bud quickly, it felt like such an unnecessary thread to pull.

Spoilers? Not even started season 3 yet

- Jup - I added spoiler in on Cal's request... sorry old chap :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just finished Episode 1. Will definitely continue. Looks great in 4k. Enjoyed a lot - but have reservations though.

Might contain actual spoilers if you've not read the book:
Biggest one is - Salvor Harden.

What the fuck is this mystical vault they've got on the planet that Salvor Harden (who's a mayor in the book - long into the future) who's some sort of "outlier" can get to? Maybe it'll clear up in the storytelling but on the face of it it's a big, unnecessary, deviation. I'm hoping it's inconsequential in the long run.

I don't really see the point of the space elevator getting blown up on Trantor. It's not book-breaking (it's unnecessary and a bit of a liberty - Trantor is completely safe and secure in Seldon's time and the rot starts at the edges, working it's way in - trouble doesn't manifest on Trantor) but I guess it adds a bit of "needed" action spectacle for a TV series. (For me, it's a bit wanky - but it doesn't really hurt).

I kinda like the kid mathematician (it's a boy, student in the book - and much more challenged on the maths by Seldon). Salvor's a man, likely white (nearly every character in the books are men) and when you first meet him he's in his early 30's - and a politician. But that's just the way you make TV nowadays, change some of the white men into black women - as long as the characters don't change. And, honestly, I really do think that's great - if Foundation the TV series was as white as it is in the book it'd just feel out of place - and racial and sexual diversity in the cast makes for a much richer and prettier universe. So all is good :)

The rest of it is nice invention. It's rich and interesting and a good look. I just hope they don't take too many liberties with plot and storyline - there's nothing wrong with the plot and storyline of the book - that's why it's a fucking good book. But I understand it's effectively a series of conversations and that doesn't necessarily translate to screen - so I hope they've recognised that their job is to not change the plot and storyline, but bring it to life physically. Which they've done a good job with generally. But the Terminus scenes are worrying me.

Meh. I'm hugely, massively, invested and want it to be a stunning success. And will continue watch, obvs :)

Last edited:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just finished Episode 1. Will definitely continue. Looks great in 4k. Enjoyed a lot - but have reservations though.

Might contain actual spoilers if you've not read the book:
Biggest one is - Salvor Harden.

What the fuck is this mystical vault they've got on the planet that Salvor Harden (who's a mayor in the book - long into the future) who's some sort of "outlier" can get to? Maybe it'll clear up in the storytelling but on the face of it it's a big, unnecessary, deviation. I'm hoping it's inconsequential in the long run.

I don't really see the point of the space elevator getting blown up on Trantor. It's not book-breaking (it's unnecessary and a bit of a liberty - Trantor is completely safe and secure in Seldon's time and the rot starts at the edges, working it's way in - trouble doesn't manifest on Trantor) but I guess it adds a bit of "needed" action spectacle for a TV series. (For me, it's a bit wanky - but it doesn't really hurt).

I kinda like the kid mathematician (it's a boy, student in the book - and much more challenged on the maths by Seldon). Salvor's a man, likely white (nearly every character in the books are men) and when you first meet him he's in his early 30's - and a politician. But that's just the way you make TV nowadays, change some of the white men into black women - as long as the characters don't change. And, honestly, I really do think that's great - if Foundation the TV series was as white as it is in the book it'd just feel out of place - and racial and sexual diversity in the cast makes for a much richer and prettier universe. So all is good :)

The rest of it is nice invention. It's rich and interesting and a good look. I just hope they don't take too many liberties with plot and storyline - there's nothing wrong with the plot and storyline of the book - that's why it's a fucking good book. But I understand it's effectively a series of conversations and that doesn't necessarily translate to screen - so I hope they've recognised that their job is to not change the plot and storyline, but bring it to life physically. Which they've done a good job with generally. But the Terminus scenes are worrying me.

Meh. I'm hugely, massively, invested and want it to be a stunning success. And will continue watch, obvs :)

Its a very long time since I read the books (40-odd years!) so I remember very little about them, but one thing that did surprise me...
Robots? I seem to remember Foundation very specifically didn't have robots and Asimov later brought them back in to the series to tie together his Robots stories - Caves of Steel and all that, with Foundation. I would have though having super long lived entities running about would fuck up your predictive models quite a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom