TV New Season!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Blackadder version is the best version, if only for the line "So: one way, it's glory everlasting; the other, it's wearing Baldrick's posing pouch!"
If we were little piggies we'd go piggy wiggy wiggy wiggy woo.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Anybody watched Mindhunter? Was thinking of watching it with the Mrs.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
How near to reality is it?

Fairly closely related.

It's based on a non fiction book about the FBI serial crime unit.

The cases they look into are real but not sure how closely it follows reality after that. It appears to be fairly credible

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Binged it over the last couple of days. Got to say I rather enjoyed it; I know fuck all about the source material (I don't read much fantasy and I understand this mainly popular through gaming?), but it was a fun, and Henry Cavill was surprisingly good.
It definitely improved as the season progressed. I haven't read the books or played the games either and, while I wanted to throw things at the screen every time Jaskier the bard was on it, those who know the source material say that he was a pretty much perfect portrayal of the character (and that Cavill was very good in it as well).

The show definitely has promise going forward, especially now they've stopped messing about with the timeline.

Also, yes @Wij Mindhunter is brilliant. A couple of liberties are taken with the source material (the 2 FBI chaps are fictional in name but based on 2 real life FBI chaps) but all of the work they do is an accurate reflection I think. Also it's directed by David Fincher and you can't go wrong with David Fincher. I remember there was a great extra on the first season Blu-ray about how meticulous he is with every single shot and how he does things.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It definitely improved as the season progressed. I haven't read the books or played the games either and, while I wanted to throw things at the screen every time Jaskier the bard was on it, those who know the source material say that he was a pretty much perfect portrayal of the character (and that Cavill was very good in it as well).

The show definitely has promise going forward, especially now they've stopped messing about with the timeline.

Also, yes @Wij Mindhunter is brilliant. A couple of liberties are taken with the source material (the 2 FBI chaps are fictional in name but based on 2 real life FBI chaps) but all of the work they do is an accurate reflection I think. Also it's directed by David Fincher and you can't go wrong with David Fincher. I remember there was a great extra on the first season Blu-ray about how meticulous he is with every single shot and how he does things.

People got really annoyed by the time thing didn't they? I actually liked it, and the handy Sintra on fire/not on fire framing device helped.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
People got confused by Inception.

People are dumb.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Fairly closely related.

It's based on a non fiction book about the FBI serial crime unit.

The cases they look into are real but not sure how closely it follows reality after that. It appears to be fairly credible

It's the back story of how they set up the BAU from Criminal Minds isn't it?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It's the back story of how they set up the BAU from Criminal Minds isn't it?

Yes I think so. It's the development of the term Serial Killer and also the start of profiling of the killers so as to find ways to catch them.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm 6 episodes in to Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan Season 1. I was sceptical to begin with but I am enjoying it now - just every time Greer is talking I'm expecting that classic 'shhhheeeeat!' :D

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'm 6 episodes in to Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan Season 1. I was sceptical to begin with but I am enjoying it now - just every time Greer is talking I'm expecting that classic 'shhhheeeeat!' :D
Wife and I just binged on both seasons over s few days. Liked them, just have to accept america is great while watching it i think.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It seems like Fincher wants to go and do something else and then come back to Mindhunter but it doesn't sound very positive. You should still watch it, though.
Just get someone else in instead of fincher tbh. If your gonna walk away from your ip then let someone else tske up the riegns

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just get someone else in instead of fincher tbh. If your gonna walk away from your ip then let someone else tske up the riegns

Fincher himself is one of the show’s producers so it’s probably not that simple. Netflix don’t own the show, just the distribution rights.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah. My only reservation is that they may have turned it into a whodunnit.

But if it stays true to the principles then it could be seen as one long episode, and I'd be totally down with that.

Principles are all in Star Trek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom