TV New Season!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
They interviewed the producer on local news...theyve written her part in.

Defacto strong heroine that is reqd by some woke marketing decision.
Woke
Woke.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Has no one told you that the term is so passé

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Have you watched it? Or just making stuff up about it?

I hate to agree with @Job about anything, but this stuff is getting so shoehorned in by the BBC its starting to look absurd. World On Fire, about the early years of WW2 has managed to stuff in four black characters, two gay characters (one is black and gay) and an Asian British intelligence officer working in Whitehall. And yet strangely not a single Jew. When half of it is set in Poland.

None of these characters individually would be noteworthy (except the intelligence officer, which is just...nope.) but set in overall cast of maybe 20 recurring characters and it just starts to look weird. Black people were vanishingly rare in Britain in 1940 and ethnic minorities definitely didn't get to order whitey about (although they were by 1945, which is a much more interesting story in of itself); why not just be honest about it?

I actually don't give a shit about minority representation in contemporary drama, fill your boots, but in historical drama its just intellectually dishonest.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I hate to agree with @Job about anything, but this stuff is getting so shoehorned in by the BBC its starting to look absurd. World On Fire, about the early years of WW2 has managed to stuff in four black characters, two gay characters (one is black and gay) and an Asian British intelligence officer working in Whitehall. And yet strangely not a single Jew. When half of it is set in Poland.

None of these characters individually would be noteworthy (except the intelligence officer, which is just...nope.) but set in overall cast of maybe 20 recurring characters and it just starts to look weird. Black people were vanishingly rare in Britain in 1940 and ethnic minorities definitely didn't get to order whitey about (although they were by 1945, which is a much more interesting story in of itself); why not just be honest about it?

I actually don't give a shit about minority representation in contemporary drama, fill your boots, but in historical drama its just intellectually dishonest.

I've watched the first Episode of War of the Worlds and didn't notice many minorities. If any.
The main character women is't really a hero. Yes she is clever and is standing up for herself but not done anything heroic as such. She is just trying to survive.

Apart from that i thought it was a bit dull and boring so not sure i'll watch another one

Job

Its almost as if strong female characters never existed.
The list is endless and no one complained, not even die hard chauvinists.
But now its a policy, its starting to look ludicrous.
Star Wars has been desicrated by Disneys woke marketing.

I get it, Kathleen Kennedy is a feminist and wants to undermine the classic male approach to Star Wars, but its the glee with which they do it...having Luke Skywalker sucking from an aliens cows tit.

cropped-forceisfemale.jpg

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
But they would argue that its been the opposite of what you've been complaining about forever.

I don't understand why people get pissy when someone suggests that women are superior to men :p obviously it's not true because we're individuals, but still, there's been thousands of years of men being dominant over women....

Job

I've watched the first Episode of War of the Worlds and didn't notice many minorities. If any.
The main character women is't really a hero. Yes she is clever and is standing up for herself but not done anything heroic as such. She is just trying to survive.

Apart from that i thought it was a bit dull and boring so not sure i'll watch another one
Yes..it looks a bit shit.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Every one is going for woman superiority to make up for the centuries of them being subservient to men.

they should be going for equality. And the media is promoting excessive minorities and female leads now to make up for the lack in previous years.

they need to be representative of society and i agree they shouldnt be shoe horned into historical drama when at the time it just would not have been that way.

Gwadien

Every one is going for woman superiority to make up for the centuries of them being subservient to men.

they should be going for equality. And the media is promoting excessive minorities and female leads now to make up for the lack in previous years.

they need to be representative of society and i agree they shouldnt be shoe horned into historical drama when at the time it just would not have been that way.

I think gender roles would go out of the window very fucking quickly if aliens landed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think gender roles would go out of the window very fucking quickly if aliens landed.
But they haven't and aren't going to.

Discrimination is discrimination - it's not 'positive' or 'negative' it's simply discrimination.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Do you honestly think that before the PC culture they used to go for the best person for the job? Don't be naive.
I don't think he's saying that.

But you can't fix wrong with more wrong.

You can make the stats look better - but you just doubled the wrong.

Job

Forcing mix race couples into advertising is all very clever an all to try to challenge peoples xenophobia.

But its just getting ridiculous and having the opposite effect, its got to the point know where you can watch four of five adverts on the run and every couple is mixed race.

These are all part of political rebellion...people feel they are having immigration forced upon them and they back it up by social engineering in the the media.
Then the go on to supress any negative opinion by public racist shaming....we are in the middle of a soviet style propaganda blitz backed by the thought police.
And you can see even on this forum how many buy into it.

Gwadien

Job can you just stop trying to derail every thread with your white pride horse shit and fuck off to Stormfront with that shit.

You're a racist white supremacist cunt and I don't think anyone cares or has a grain of respect for these views.

Yes we're race traitors or what ever, now fuck off :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Do you honestly think that before the PC culture they used to go for the best person for the job? Don't be naive.
Should always be the best person for the job. Ofcourse it wasnt before. Dont be silly. Its not what i said.

DaGaffer

I quite enjoyed the first episode of War Of The Worlds, and the introduction of a female lead doesn’t get in the way at all.

Got to say, not one but two SF/Fantasy shows as primetime BBC Drama on a Sunday night? Who’d have bet on that ten years ago? Call it the GoT effect I suppose, but I for one am not complaining.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I quite enjoyed the first episode of War Of The Worlds, and the introduction of a female lead doesn’t get in the way at all.

Got to say, not one but two SF/Fantasy shows as primetime BBC Drama on a Sunday night? Who’d have bet on that ten years ago? Call it the GoT effect I suppose, but I for one am not complaining.

Its quite a slow burn show though.
For me it was like wading through treacle.

It's like a period drama first with a sci fi back drop.

DaGaffer

Its quite a slow burn show though.
For me it was like wading through treacle.

It's like a period drama first with a sci fi back drop.

It’s got vaporised yokels and tripods smashing up villages in episode 1! You and I have very different definitions of”slow burn”.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It’s got vaporised yokels and tripods smashing up villages in episode 1! You and I have very different definitions of”slow burn”.

I got bored watching it. There were a few things like the vaporising but I really had to force myself to watch the whole episode. I got half way through the 2nd episode and then turned it off.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I got bored watching it. There were a few things like the vaporising but I really had to force myself to watch the whole episode. I got half way through the 2nd episode and then turned it off.
I thought the tom cruise movie was crap too.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I have to revisit that. Think i left it end of series 2
I was the same. I struggled to get into the first season but ended up enjoying it and then I struggled to get into the second season but ended up enjoying it. Then I just kind of never picked it up again when the third season came around. I re-watched all of it in the run-up to season 4 and found it mostly brilliant so maybe that's a better way to watch it.

This season has been brilliant and these last 2 episodes especially. Not that it's necessarily a reliable benchmark but the latest ep has over 1000 10 out of 10 ratings on IMDb so far.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Someone spoiled the end of S2 for me (told me the ending, the fucking tit) so I simply wouldn't be able to put that out of my mind when watching it, which is a shame as I loved Mr Robot's first season.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Should always be the best person for the job. Ofcourse it wasnt before. Dont be silly. Its not what i said.

So then why do we renew our shock and awe to the phenomena, as if we've never seen it before. Life's not fair, people are subjective and driven by their own desires / agenda.

Why do we succumb to answering the new PC wave with exactly the same medicine? Why do we give in to this obviously manipulated response?

Men and women are not equal. And frankly, they should not be. Equal in opportunity, sure - but equal in forced outcome via policy? GTFO

Later edit: Umm, this is TV thread, why am I rambling here. Apologies.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Someone spoiled the end of S2 for me (told me the ending, the fucking tit) so I simply wouldn't be able to put that out of my mind when watching it, which is a shame as I loved Mr Robot's first season.

There's enough variation as it goes on that you could pick it back up and enjoy further seasons, TBH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom