TV New Season!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It's like the most commonly said thing on narcos!

Son of a bitch.

However, Brazilians claim its 'motherfucker'

It means "son of a whore". Seems to be the only swear word in Latin America

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Agents of Shield, Lucifer, Quarry, Son of Zorn... so many season starts and new stuff.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Red Dwarf

The comedy is much tighter than the previous attempts at restarting the show.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Anyone watched "Designated Survivor"?
It's got Kiefer Sutherland in it

The Pilot was ok...hoping it will get better

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I really enjoyed the second episode of the new season of Grand Designs.

DaGaffer

So...Luke Cage...
I enjoyed it, but didn't think it was as good as Daredevil or Jessica Jones. On the plus side it was less afraid to put itself in the Marvel universe than the other two series (the nod to his original costume was brilliant), but the plot was pretty weak and the "big bad" villain was totally pound shop (Cottonmouth was actually a much more complex character than Diamondback), and the finale was really weak. All the speechifying about how great Harlem is supposed to be got a bit wearing after a while as well. Overall I suppose it was a decent set up for the Defenders, but that's about it

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Westworld started, all star cast have loaded to my tablet to watch on a flight to Mumbai in an hour :) will let you know what I think.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Watched Luke Cage while gaming, got into episode 3 and realised I hadn't been paying any attention to it at all, all very generic, all very safe.

The black rights bollocks might be relevant to the US audience but not so much in the civilised world where only a tiny minority give a shit about race..

ECA

I am a FH squatter
So...Luke Cage...
I enjoyed it, but didn't think it was as good as Daredevil or Jessica Jones. On the plus side it was less afraid to put itself in the Marvel universe than the other two series (the nod to his original costume was brilliant), but the plot was pretty weak and the "big bad" villain was totally pound shop (Cottonmouth was actually a much more complex character than Diamondback), and the finale was really weak. All the speechifying about how great Harlem is supposed to be got a bit wearing after a while as well. Overall I suppose it was a decent set up for the Defenders, but that's about it

Agree, although looking back DD/JJ were not that great either - DD suffers from Arrow syndrome, and they both got carried by great villains and an anti-hero.

DaGaffer

Agree, although looking back DD/JJ were not that great either - DD suffers from Arrow syndrome, and they both got carried by great villains and an anti-hero.

To be fair, lots of comic books are defined by the quality of their villains. Its actually one of the general problems with comics overall right now (of the DC/Marvel spandex variety anyway) the heroes spend far too much time fighting each other than they do combating the baddies. It used to be this great noteworthy thing if hero A popped up in hero B's comic; now they do it every second page.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Iron Fist has been confirmed for 17th March next year, and The Defenders is going to be later on in 2017

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
National Treasure, last episode next week on CH4. Excellent throughout.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
National Treasure, last episode next week on CH4. Excellent throughout.

UK relevant from what i could gather - what with the scandals around the subject and whatnot. Should a foreigner who doesn't care too deeply about the subject watch this? Has it got any relevancy outside the "drama" of killing one's character?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, its a great drama regardless of the scandals, some very powerful performances.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Westworld was enjoyable. Not sure about smashed it tho. Was a bit -lite tbh. But it's got a lot of promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom