TV New Season!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's the guy that plays howard stark in the one with the bird isn't it?

Looks interesting :)

Edit: Agent Carter. Of which the first season was good, but the second a bit cheesy shite.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
That's the guy that plays howard stark in the one with the bird isn't it?

Looks interesting :)

Edit: Agent Carter. Of which the first season was good, but the second a bit cheesy shite.
Which has now been cancelled...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Which has now been cancelled...

I'm guessing Agents of SHIELD has about one more season in it as well; they've moved it to a graveyard slot for next season. I don't think Marvel's big idea of sharing the MCU between film and tv is really working out; even the Netflix shows barely reference the world they're in, which sometimes makes no sense at all.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Same chars as the jj abrahams verse.

Think it was written by simon pegg.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm guessing Agents of SHIELD has about one more season in it as well; they've moved it to a graveyard slot for next season. I don't think Marvel's big idea of sharing the MCU between film and tv is really working out; even the Netflix shows barely reference the world they're in, which sometimes makes no sense at all.
Yeah, they've kind of dropped the ball here. The most recent one has a 5 second "TV news playing in the back of a bar" reference to Civil War which is a major drop down from Shield = Hydra = Shield levels seen previously. Carter is a big loss though I think, Season 2 was so badly stitched together but we'll now lose the opportunities for them to delve into the back stories underpinning MCU.

I think the Fox Marval franchises coming back to life has been the kicker here, for example in X-Men Apocalypse you've now got a similar backstory for Hive in the current Agents of Shield series and with similar special effects

View: https://youtu.be/Jer8XjMrUB4?t=25s

View: https://youtu.be/LJ-Ii-9384U?t=1m10s

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think SHIELD started going to tits when people with powers became the focus rather than a feature.

Then again, never loved MARVEL because it became a silly childish mix.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I thought Preacher was absolutely fucking awesome!! I really hope it lives up to the 1st ep - funny, mysterious, good action and a little hint of a plot as a bonus :D

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Well Person of Interest in now over. I know it was a reduced last season but it certainly wasn't up to it's previous high standards and felt very very rushed in places. Also Jim Caviezel looked like he didn't want to be there at times and was just going through the motions.

Shaw and Root were great though.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well Person of Interest in now over. I know it was a reduced last season but it certainly wasn't up to it's previous high standards and felt very very rushed in places. Also Jim Caviezel looked like he didn't want to be there at times and was just going through the motions.

Shaw and Root were great though.
I thought they did very well with what time they had. It was a shame that John's story was made so circular in the end.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Fargo was pulled from HBO Nordic before I got to watch the second season :(

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Im enjoying preacher, it's a little off the wall at times but I think it will start to piece together

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I'm not sure what I think of Preacher now. After the great first episode it hasn't turned out like I expected. The pacing has slowed to be positively glacial.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Same feeling here. Much of what has happened could have been done over a couple of episodes. Half way through isn't it? So maybe it will pick up a bit.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Both Dark matter and Killjoys premiered yesterday. Picked up right where it ended last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom