TV New Season!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I listened to the audiobook (must have gone through a few hundred by now). It was one of my least favourite - the beginning was great but then it just became dull IMO.

If Obama hadn't name-dropped it years back I doubt it would have built up the head of steam it did tbh.
Agree, it's one book I wish I'd sat down to read instead of going the audiobook route, and I'll be completely honest, just keeping track of everyone was a chore when Chinese names aren't a familiar experience.

Show is on my list though.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So...Halo? Pro

he's finally on the fucking Halo

Con. We've now got...some kind of zombie plague? I fucking hate that shit, is it a Halo thing? I only played the first two.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Shogun is getting better by the episode.
Friend was talking about it - he's a fan of the first time round when it was from the main protagonists viewpoint only. There were no subtitles early on as he didn't know the language but they introduced them as he started to learn the words.

He's lamenting the loss of that sort of thing...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So...Halo? Pro

he's finally on the fucking Halo

Con. We've now got...some kind of zombie plague? I fucking hate that shit, is it a Halo thing? I only played the first two.
The flood? Was kinda a big thing in Halo 1. The whole point of the Halos even :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm 2 episodes into Fallout and it's shaping up to be an excellent adaptation.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm 2 episodes into Fallout and it's shaping up to be an excellent adaptation.
Yeh I watched Ep1 today and really enjoyed it. My son was just round and I mentioned it to him and he said his work colleagues were raving about it as well.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fallout is a gem, love the gore.

Loved the 2nd episode when the guy in the robot suit squeezed the head of a cunt and it popped. I did giggle like a cunt at that, even typing now I am giggling. Must go put another episode on now :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Watch the first episode last night, it was good and just right to set out the basic story and characters.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's a pity Fallout 3 is as good as impossible to get running on modern Windows versions (even after jumping through loads of hoops with mods etc), let alone on an ultrawide monitor, because the show got me right in the mood to play through them all again.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's a pity Fallout 3 is as good as impossible to get running on modern Windows versions (even after jumping through loads of hoops with mods etc), let alone on an ultrawide monitor, because the show got me right in the mood to play through them all again.
4 is getting patched this month too resolve some of those issues and will be verified on the Steam Deck as well

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Tempted by 4 again, 100%'ed it, but only played through the DLC once. Wouldn't mind some sort of dark playthrough (not that it makes a huge amount of difference to the end)

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Tempted by 4 again, 100%'ed it, but only played through the DLC once. Wouldn't mind some sort of dark playthrough (not that it makes a huge amount of difference to the end)
There are some pretty good mods out there, some that changed almost all of the core mechanics to make it more of a realistic survival game, better AI, etc. I was thinking about trying that a while back. Might have to take another look.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Does it make me a bad person to have never played Fallout? :unsure:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Only ever played 3. Finished it. Good game. Never been tempted with more really though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Does it make me a bad person to have never played Fallout? :unsure:
I played most of New Vegas (twice), then got bored. Tried 4 and threw it out ten hours in.

Interesting world, but a total yawnfest of a game IMO.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Watched it this weekend, really good stuff. No nonsense, just tries to do fallout properly and does for my money

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Fargo season 5 is excellent and I absolutely love the creepy guy's backstory. Lots of speculation about whether he was losing his mind, but it's Fargo and I prefer to think he actually was that old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom