TV New Season!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Some brutal stuff in the latest (3rd) Masters of the Air episode. Can't take your eyes off the in-the-air stuff, it's mesmerising.

Next ep (or maybe the one after) will be worse.

Only one thing annoyed me; what was all that "the biggest air fleet in history! 375 bombers!" cue whoop whoop whoop shit at the beginning? The British had literally done two 800 bomber raids only three weeks before that the Americans had been involved in and knew about, and the RAF had a done a full thousand bomber raid a full year before. There have been a couple of things now that have made me give the show the old side eye when it's supposed to be so historically authentic.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Clarkson looks like he's getting even fatter.

But, of course, will watch.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Season 2 of the Quantum Leap reboot ended pretty well

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Resident Alien.

Watch it. Don't Google it. Almost done with S1 and it's one of the better things we've seen in YEARS (Is only available on US Netflix. Do with that as you will)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Resident Alien.

Watch it. Don't Google it. Almost done with S1 and it's one of the better things we've seen in YEARS (Is only available on US Netflix. Do with that as you will)
watt_on_earth_title.jpg
but for grown ups.

DaGaffer

Resident Alien.

The Alan Tudyk thing? It's on Sky. Has been for ages.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Resident Alien.

Think it was mentioned way back when it first came out. It also isn't as good after that first season.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
....aaaandd I still don't know the names of the rest of the crew. It's basically the Michael Burnham show. Whereas I know all the STTNG, DS9 and Voyager crews.
We stopped watching Mushroom Trek.

Strange New Worlds tho? Very good. (But I still struggle to remember their names.)

DaGaffer

....aaaandd I still don't know the names of the rest of the crew. It's basically the Michael Burnham show. Whereas I know all the STTNG, DS9 and Voyager crews.

Well there's gangly alien one, trans with invisible friend one, irritatingly nice gay couple, computer-in-head lady, tubby ginger one. And there used to be Michelle Yeoh when it was good.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well there's gangly alien one, trans with invisible friend one, irritatingly nice gay couple, computer-in-head lady, tubby ginger one. And there used to be Michelle Yeoh when it was good.
You forgot bland male tactical officer and bland male communications officer, pilot lady with history of trauma, other pilot lady who is stronger than she knows and supportive of other pilot lady

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
You forgot bland male tactical officer and bland male communications officer, pilot lady with history of trauma, other pilot lady who is stronger than she knows and supportive of other pilot lady
Oh wait, I forgot, sarcastic engineering genius lady, remember the Barzan's exist (well they do and the alien makup is super cheap, so deal with it) lady, remember that one time this guy sneezed alien

I dare anyone to even try and remember the bad guy in the last season, go on, I dare ya!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lets hope I don't get as bored with it as I did all the games.

I really wanted to like 'em...

DaGaffer

Really strong ending for Masters of the Air.

Now it's over I have to say I'm a wee bit disappointed; it's certainly the weakest of the Playtone shows in terms of actual history (BoB and Pacific omit things but don't actually rewrite history, MotA does), and I just found the tone a bit...off; A bit too Greatest-Generation-Worshipping, whilst not confronting the errors and dark side of things.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

It's not terrible so far. 2 episodes in.
It's not terrible, it's just completely average. The pacing is horribly rushed, the investigation and confusion of what is going on and who is doing it is completely gone. None of the dread caused by the mysterious cosmic events comes across, almost all of the depth of the books lost. There is also some questionable casting choices and the writing seems to consist of every other word being fuck. The Panama Canal scene though was done well.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I listened to the audiobook (must have gone through a few hundred by now). It was one of my least favourite - the beginning was great but then it just became dull IMO.

If Obama hadn't name-dropped it years back I doubt it would have built up the head of steam it did tbh.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I started watching it overnight, got completely lost and instead watched some sport I had recorded earlier, Women's curling. Yeh stop fucking laughing, they wear tight hugging trousers so it is allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom