TV New Season!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
As for currently airing shows: Fargo season 5 and Slow Horses season 3 are both great so far.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
So i got 3 months Apple+ TV thing because i bought a kettle (dont ask i dont get it either)

Whats a must watch on apple?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So i got 3 months Apple+ TV thing because i bought a kettle (dont ask i dont get it either)

TV: Slow Horses, Severance, Bad Sisters, Black Bird...

Movies: Killers of the Flower Moon and The Family Plan. The latter has its flaws but is entertaining enough.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

Monarch. The Godzilla looking thing. I think it finishes soon.

Severance, Ted Lasso, Silo, Morning Show, Tomorrow something (a show filmed like it was what people in the 70s thought the future was like. Can't remember the exact name)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Monarch. The Godzilla looking thing. I think it finishes soon.

Severance, Ted Lasso, Silo, Morning Show, Tomorrow something (a show filmed like it was what people in the 70s thought the future was like. Can't remember the exact name)
Currently watching Monarch, find it quite good but my son said the final episode is fucking shit (his words).

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I've got 2 episodes of Slow Horses left to watch, it's been the best thing I've watched over the Christmas holiday.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Just started watching The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. I'm only one episode in but so far it's very, very good.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Just started watching The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. I'm only one episode in but so far it's very, very good.

It's really good. They made a sequel of sorts, which wasn't as good.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oooh, time to start watching that. Keep the recommendations coming. I've watched all 2,000 pr0n movies 5 times each now so need a rest, doctor told me to drink lots of fluids as I am dehydrated.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Watching first episode, so far not shit myself but itching to have a wank whilst two girls get it on in bed. Fucking pr0n is everywhere I look.

/me goes looking for hydration drinks which also replenish body vitamins and minerals.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The Bly Manor follow-up isn't as good but is still decent.

The same team made the recent The Fall Of The House Of Usher which was excellent.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I watched Ep3 last night and to be honest, sleeping was a little harder after that dumbwaiter incident.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Echo - very meh. After the latest season of What If? which was excellent, I was hoping this would be a new MCU direction in the spirit of the Netflix shows, but it's just kind of boring, with an unlikeable protagonist, and the finale was just eye-rollingly cliched third-wave feminism laid on with a trowel. A two-minute Daredevil cameo and a load of Kingpin didn't save it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd never heard of What If.

Missus brought up Echo tonight but I think once Loki ended it took all my Marvel desire away.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Echo - very meh. After the latest season of What If? which was excellent, I was hoping this would be a new MCU direction in the spirit of the Netflix shows, but it's just kind of boring, with an unlikeable protagonist, and the finale was just eye-rollingly cliched third-wave feminism laid on with a trowel. A two-minute Daredevil cameo and a load of Kingpin didn't save it.
That's a shame, Kingpin is such a great character and so well acted by Vincent, they just keep messing it up

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That's a shame, Kingpin is such a great character and so well acted by Vincent, they just keep messing it up
Yeh I have to agree with @DaGaffer, started watching it and was Meh. Kingpin is still great but I just could not get into this show.

/me fucks off back to S1 of Mayor of Kingstown

Overdriven

The Bly Manor follow-up isn't as good but is still decent.

The same team made the recent The Fall Of The House Of Usher which was excellent.

House of Usher is haunting when you have surround sound..

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Finished Bly Manor, tbh I preferred it over Hill House. They're both absolutely excellent but the backstory for Bly Manor and the final episode are amazing, very emotional.

Anyhow I'm watching this now and besides starring one of the hottest women of the noughties ever, it's brilliant, in the same vein as Narcos. Watch Griselda | Netflix Official Site

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Masters of The Air - Ep1 & 2.

Pro - it looks amazing, period detail is spot on, doesn't look like CGI, cast are good.

Con - It sails perilously close to cliché at times. The narration is...well, it depends on when it's supposed to be narrated from; if it's from the time, it's OK, if it's from now, it's kind of bollocks.

Definitely worth watching, but I'm not sure it's another BoB yet.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Pro - it looks amazing, period detail is spot on, doesn't look like CGI, cast are good.

Con - It sails perilously close to cliché at times. The narration is...well, it depends on when it's supposed to be narrated from; if it's from the time, it's OK, if it's from now, it's kind of bollocks.

It's beautiful is what it is. There was one shot of the planes taxiing to take off for Norway in the 2nd ep where I thought it looked a bit CGI-ey but otherwise it's fantastic.

It already feels more like another BoB than The Pacific did imo but time will tell if the levels remain as high all the way through.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Apple TV, right? Can someone pls remind me when all episodes are 'out there' ? Sounds good (y)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Finished watching Andor yesterday. Seemed to get good reviews but I thought it was kinda dull.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Finished watching Andor yesterday. Seemed to get good reviews but I thought it was kinda dull.
By far the best of any of the new Star Wars things. By far.

But you're right. It's kinda dull.

Overdriven

Apple TV, right? Can someone pls remind me when all episodes are 'out there' ? Sounds good (y)

Only 2 episodes so far. At least from where I can see.

We've run out of things to watch, so are juggling Game of Thrones (local 4k with all the sounds*) and Supernatural (Via Amazon) again. Waiting for something else that's mindlessly simple to watch without any associated politics. So might give this a watch on ATV.

(*See: Why I need a NAS... Or a shit tonne more storage)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Some brutal stuff in the latest (3rd) Masters of the Air episode. Can't take your eyes off the in-the-air stuff, it's mesmerising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom