TV New Season!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It's bound to be shit though.

I mean it's yet another money grabbing idea following on from making The Hobbit a 3 film series.

There is a lot of Tolkien source material but any compelling stories for a film? No not really. They peaked at Lord of the Rings and then started going down hill.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
There are tons and tons of fantasy stuff they could make shows/films from, but the masses won't recognise them, so they won't get traction. This is an easy viewer hook, it probably won't matter if it's good or not.

My issue with it is that the films, while not actually new, cover the story well enough, well shot etc, discounting the missed bits, so it doesn't really need rebooting/reshooting/whatever.

I will give it a fair shake, and maybe they will include some of the cut story.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
You know it's not a reboot right? It's a prequel to the events of the Lord of the Rings books.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
No, I did not. Slightly more interested now then.

I tried reading The Silmarillion but thought it was shit.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Agreed, it was well boring. This series focusses on Aragorns story pre LoTR books I believe.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I loved the Silmarillion, but found the language used hard when I first read it.

This story was never told. It's LOTR-branded made up crap. Tolkein never wrote about this time in detail. They'll take some familiar characters, a bit of the look of the films and then make the rest of the shit up. It's pretty much nothing to do with Tolkein tbh.

Edit: I mean, I'll watch it (at least I'll start). We'll all watch it. But it's just nothing to do with Tolkein. I hope it's excellent. But still, it's just whatever the US writers come up with.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Ehh, Station 11.

Every single person except maybe the main protagonist would be dead within 6 months of the breakdown of society. What utter shit. Even the "baddie" is a fucking fanny.

They could actually boil it down to a miniseries and still have the same result, story wise.

I'm on episode 7 and losing the will to live.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Edit, it even directly steals quotes from other stories. "To the monsters we're the monsters" lifted directly from Omega man/I am legend.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I'm on episode 7 and losing the will to live.

I gave up even earlier, never made it past ep3. Post apocalypse communities struggling to survive are eager for the arrival of travelling Shakespearen actors. I don't think so. That sounds like something a pretentious author would write - then I found out it was adapted from a pretentious book.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thought it was quite interesting that the effects on the teaser were practical effects
All that money on effects and they couldn't spunk for a decent actor for the voiceover ;)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Just caught the tail end of this on BBC2, depressingly predictable 😐

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
First 3 episodes drop tomorrow f
View: https://youtu.be/EOeZjYZtmKA

The have brought together a great cast for this and so far the reviews from the “previews” have been good… It is not kid friendly (aka invincible and if the boys was animated)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Am enjoying the new series Reacher on Amazon Prime. At least Reacher is built like a brick shitshouse instead of mini Tom Cruise.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Am enjoying the new series Reacher on Amazon Prime. At least Reacher is built like a brick shitshouse instead of mini Tom Cruise.

It's very silly. Great stuff.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Anyone reckon there might be a bit of Jaguar product placement on it? :p

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

It seemed like a no-brainer to renew it, it's been very well-received and the ~6 hour miniseries format works. I was still a bit dubious about the actor at the start but he grew on me (I think the problem with actually finding someone to portray Reacher is that he seems almost superhuman in the books) and he's so much better for the role than Cruise.

There are so many great Reacher stories to tell, I can't wait to see the series develop.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

It seemed like a no-brainer to renew it, it's been very well-received and the ~6 hour miniseries format works. I was still a bit dubious about the actor at the start but he grew on me (I think the problem with actually finding someone to portray Reacher is that he seems almost superhuman in the books) and he's so much better for the role than Cruise.

There are so many great Reacher stories to tell, I can't wait to see the series develop.

I thought Cruise was pretty good in the films. Films were better than this series.

The only issue with this series is that it started well and then descended into make believe land where decisions became stupid and the story predictable.
Very disappointing final episode

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Good news everyone!

Futurama's back baby

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Some sharp minds pulled a Better Call Saul release date of April 18th out of that crime scene clip above (the letters D and R are the 4th and 18th of the alphabet respectively) but it's confirmed: the first 7 episodes on April 18th and the last 6 on July 11th.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Some sharp minds pulled a Better Call Saul release date of April 18th out of that crime scene clip above (the letters D and R are the 4th and 18th of the alphabet respectively) but it's confirmed: the first 7 episodes on April 18th and the last 6 on July 11th.

Can't wait, best show around by a distance

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom