TV New Season!

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by dysfunction, Sep 25, 2009.

1. old.Osy

old.Osy No longer scrounging, still a bastard.

I took you up on this one and binged it all the way through.

I got the feeling the writer/s haven't yet figured out whether they want to be serious about it - it's like they haven't yet fully fleshed the identity of the show.

It's not bad though, but it is still maturing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

I think that's part of its charm tbh. The whole premise is so wacky that it gives them a lot of room to involve great dramatic elements with decent comedy. Noho Hank is a fantastic character (and to think, they were planning to axe him after the first episode... he died in the car before they changed their minds), Bill Hader is surprisingly good at the dramatic stuff and Henry Winkler and the whole acting class part of the show is great.

There have been a couple of really good shows popping up over the last couple of years - Baskets and Atlanta spring to mind along with Barry. Hiro Murai, who directed quite a few Atlanta episodes, actually had a hand in quite a lot of Barry as well. The episode last week (directed by Hader) was a brilliant departure from the norm for Barry like Teddy Perkins was for Atlanta in that it just got more and more "out there" as it went along.

3. old.Osy

old.Osy No longer scrounging, still a bastard.

In other news, I've finished American Gods S2. Such a cracking show.

From acting, to the weave of the script to the music... long since i've breathlessly watched a show.

4. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

Honestly finding it a bit of a slog.

5. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

6. Zarjazz

Zarjazz Sarcasm. Only one of the services offered.

Well the first episode is out and god damn was that tense uncomfortable viewing that makes you want to drink a bottle of vodka to recover.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Where to view legally?

8. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

Is it not on Netflix?

9. Wij

Nope. Just checked.

10. Wij

Ah. Sky Atlantic.

11. Yoni

Yoni Cockb@dger / Klotehommel

Loving Speechless (S3 just started) & The Good Doctor

12. Shagrat

Shagrat I am a FH squatter

Watched Chernobyl last night.... Compelling viewing but fucking hell its terrifying. Watching those poor bastards as it all unravels around them, ignorant of the dangers.

13. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

That's the thing though. Knowing that this is what actually happened makes it so.