TV New Season!

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Yeah, but look how GoT quality dropped off a cliff so quickly despite the source material.

Don't get me wrong - they're making it and we'll definitely watch it, but it just made be a bit sad that there was a solid story that (mostly) finished at the end of Season 3. Don't want it to go on too long like Red Dwarf.

Let me explain, maybe you did not know. The last season( s ) of GOT did not have source material anymore. They exhausted the books arc around season 6. The drop in quality was due to producers Benioff and Weiss being tired, and wanting to wrap it up, so they can focus on their next project.

I've never watched Red Dwarf, must be a cultural thing - don't see the appeal in it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Enjoying The Boys so far. Three episodes in. Karl Urban's English accent is all over the place though

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

The second season of MINDHUNTER, August 16th. I can't wait. And yay Ed Kemper is still in it.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
We are looking forward to this also ^^

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

The second season of MINDHUNTER, August 16th. I can't wait. And yay Ed Kemper is still in it.

I love how its serious, but I also like the shooting every time they got to the FBI office, funny.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The Righteous Gemstones. Created by Danny McBride (Eastbound & Down, if you haven't seen it), with him, John Goodman and Adam DeVine. It's basically a pisstake of American televangelists/megachurches/etc. It looks like it's going to be great, based on the first episode.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
The Righteous Gemstones. Created by Danny McBride (Eastbound & Down, if you haven't seen it), with him, John Goodman and Adam DeVine. It's basically a pisstake of American televangelists/megachurches/etc. It looks like it's going to be great, based on the first episode.

Not over the moon for the plot, but Danny McBride and John Goodman... could be good.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Saw it last night, some funny bits. I'm not a big Chapelle fan though.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I always found him a bit simplistic and slow..even basically ripping off quite a lot of Chris Rocks material.

He went for the jugular though on this one...but I wouldnt call it entertaining.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Thought it was OK. Certainly not offended by it.

Gwadien

Average, Americans make me laugh though how they cheer for controversial content like 'YEAH IM COOL, IM A PART OF THIS EDGY CULTURE'.

What happened to cringe laughing :(

Gwadien

69352251_2532930120086890_954284494142046208_n.jpg

Gwadien

Dunno why the dislike @dysfunction i thought it was pretty accurate.

There's lots of stand up on Netflix now that all talk about how they're not about to talk about what they want to talk about.

But they talk about it anyway.

lol.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There's lots of stand up on Netflix now that all talk about how they're not about to talk about what they want to talk about.

But they talk about it anyway.

lol.
Standup on TV is generally shite nowadays because they have to avoid certain topics. Comedy on TV in the UK is at the worst point I can ever remember. It's dire.

Terry Gilliam agrees, but John Cleese said it best:

John Cleese said:
BBC's Head of Comedy puts Monty Python's lack of originality down to a surfeit of education and racist bias

Unfair ! We were remarkably diverse FOR OUR TIME

We had three grammar-school boys, one a poof, and Gilliam, though not actually black, was a Yank. And NO slave-owners

Gwadien

Standup on TV is generally shite nowadays because they have to avoid certain topics. Comedy on TV in the UK is at the worst point I can ever remember. It's dire.

Terry Gilliam agrees, but John Cleese said it best:

They -don't- avoid topics, it's fucking bullshit.

That's the whole point, go on Netflix, 9/10 on the standups on there are LOL WE CANT SAY THIS SHIT BUT IM GOING TO SAY IT.

It's like people find controversy funnier than comedy itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom