TV New Season!

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
There is so much hate on Social media about it though. I still watch DH and have really liked the current run with Bill as the companion. It doesn't bother me its a woman Dr in the slightest.

It is Dr Who and not Mr Who after all, and the Master has been female for the last 2 series

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Hopefully the tardis allready has genderless toilets...Timelords sound very liberally inclusive.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There is so much hate on Social media about it though. I still watch DH and have really liked the current run with Bill as the companion. It doesn't bother me its a woman Dr in the slightest.

It is Dr Who and not Mr Who after all, and the Master has been female for the last 2 series
Aye. I enjoyed the last season. Really good.

I kinda put the female doctor into the black james bond bucket. Yes, Dr Who is an obvious candidate for having a female character - and ultimately I don't really give a shit - but I like the tradition and just because you can do something doesn't necessarily mean you should.

But either way - meh. I'm not going to get all pissy over it.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
For anyone still watching Suits Netflix have picked it up. All 6 Seasons are on there now, and they are showing Season 7 the same day it comes out in the US.

Still more entertaining than any show based around lawyers has any right to be. Plus Donna is lovely.
I quit during season 6. Found it getting very boring and I was looking more at my phone than the screen

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They have made the Dr female because they have had to, its not like they were intentionally being sexist, it's just the character was male. I know they can get around that with the whole regeneration thing but its still just giving into pressure for the sake of appeasement. Maybe we can have a female incredible hulk next? Female Indiana Jones maybe?

At the end of the day it is pretty unimportant in relation to Dr Who's problems, they desperately need some new blood in the writing department, more than anything.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well its good publicity for the show and people will tune in to see how they deal with it.
Wonder if the character will address the gender change...and will she be dressed demure or sexeh.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
There already is a female hulk amd a female Thor

The fact thwthat t the dr CAN regenerate into anything but still somehow always ends up being a middle aged white british man is a bit perplexing from a neutral stand point but admittedly has also been part of its charm :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
They have made the Dr female because they have had to, its not like they were intentionally being sexist, it's just the character was male. I know they can get around that with the whole regeneration thing but its still just giving into pressure for the sake of appeasement. Maybe we can have a female incredible hulk next? Female Indiana Jones maybe?

At the end of the day it is pretty unimportant in relation to Dr Who's problems, they desperately need some new blood in the writing department, more than anything.

Since 1980
shehulk.jpg
But the important thing is she a separate character (and actually a very good one). I love good female characters (I've just rewatched Buffy on Syfy, forgot how great it was), but feminizing Doctor Who just feels like pandering. I also doubt it will actually work; I think you'll get a bit of curiosity for the first few eps and then audiences will end up at a lower level than before; the core audience is boys and I doubt girls are going to pick up the slack when the boys all go off to watch WWE or whatever.

NB. They are bringing in new writers, guy who did Broadchurch is the new showrunner (which I have mixed feelings about; he also did the awful Camelot and some of the worst episodes of Torchwood)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So the Dr finds himself female for the first time. Does he spend the first two episodes in bed playing with his new female body?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
at least it wasn't a trans bisexual mixed raced single mother who identifies as an apache helicopter. Sure the Beeb could have ticked a few more PC boxes if they'd really tried. She was excellent in Broadchurch so there is hope.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
at least it wasn't a trans bisexual mixed raced single mother who identifies as an apache helicopter. Sure the Beeb could have ticked a few more PC boxes if they'd really tried. She was excellent in Broadchurch so there is hope.

That sounds amazing would love to watch that

"Im not a cis helicopter fuck you daleks!"

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
A trans bisexual mixed raced single mother who identifies as an apache helicopter, in a wheelchair.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
A trans bisexual mixed raced single mother who identifies as an apache helicopter, in a wheelchair.
Frankly, if they could get that into Dr Who I'd make it my must-see series of the year.

It's the perfect format for it. It'd be cool if the next doctor was in a wheelchair. There'd be so much they could do with that.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well I have no idea how it'd work because I think Doctor Who is an overrated pile of wank but it didn't quite tick *all* of the boxes until there was a disability in there as well.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If the Dr was in a wheelchair he/she/they would have a right old time with the Daleks, imagine the jokes they could have about stairs?!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
womenarefromgallifrey.jpg

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
the Master has been female for the last 2 series
Which is why, for me, this all feels a bit hollow. It just seems like they've got nothing innovative for the upcoming series. Dr Who needs a fresh foe more than it needs to swap genders around.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yep, going to sit down tonight and kill a couple of episodes, its got good reviews
One of my work lot keeps banging on about this. Is it worth getting into?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its not that long anyway, so not a lot to get into, sort of drags towards the end, somehow. It's kind of like they weren't sure to set up for another season or get it done with so end up not really going anywhere until the last episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom