TV New Season!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The Mist, yes the old Stephen King short story that was made into a film a few years back. Now back as a TV series. Watched the Ep 1 and hopefully just a starting point to introduce characters, no monsters seen at all yet. Lot of rumours that the monster elements will be missing and the show will be based on man being the real monster. People turning on each other in the crisis...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dunno if anyone's mentioned it and I ain't reading back in case spoilers but just watched the first two episodes of Legion and very good they have been :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Episode 8 of Twin Peaks went full on David Lynch. Mind boggling as expected, and excellent.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just watched Ep 3 of Legion. Like the x-files at it's best without the annoying mulder and scully :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Can't wait for Season 3. Episode One aired on 1st April and was ace.

That trailer seems so long for 1:35 - it's just because they cram loads in like the actual episodes :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Preacher, episode 2. Funnier than it should be. Love it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Doctor Who is the biggest load of shit ever.

Why are we still making generally pretty good series when there's absolute garbage like Doctor Who, which has the ability to be as creative and amazing as you like.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Doctor Who is the biggest load of shit ever.

Why are we still making generally pretty good series when there's absolute garbage like Doctor Who, which has the ability to be as creative and amazing as you like.

I was actually enjoying that until the giant cop out in the last few minutes

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I was actually enjoying that until the giant cop out in the last few minutes

It just lacks continuity. It's just like single episode series, no major over arching story.

Would be far more successful if they confirmed like 3-4 series and then did a huge story over the 4 series, still have your quirky bullshit in the middle and kill off characters, make it interesting.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It just lacks continuity. It's just like single episode series, no major over arching story.

Would be far more successful if they confirmed like 3-4 series and then did a huge story over the 4 series, still have your quirky bullshit in the middle and kill off characters, make it interesting.
It always was episode by episode occasional double episodes. Its in its dna.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Perhaps they don't know how. When they've started doing stuff like that it never goes anywhere, e.g. The Ood, River Song.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Dr Who has always been shit. Bad writing, bad set design, bad costume, bad acting, plenty'o'plotholes.

Are people expecting some sort of fantasy epic or something?

It's a kids Teatime show for goodness sake.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Still. I liked it. Much better season once they'd got rid of clara.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Snowfall.
Was positively surprised, the pilot was well made and the rest of the series might be a diamond in the rough.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
asPSq1U.jpg

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Saw an Aussie TV show on Netflix - Deep Water. Very enjoyable, didn't realise it was based on a true story.

Also worth a watch (Netflix) - GLOW. Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling. This one I know was based on a true story :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
GLOW doesn't look like it would be any good. I'll check it just in case.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
GLOW doesn't look like it would be any good. I'll check it just in case.
It's a remake of a 1980's TV series I think.

I got absolutely fucked out of my skull last Thursday night with the brother in law and I think we watched four episodes. I can't vouch for anything. Other than we watched four.

I think.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
For anyone still watching Suits Netflix have picked it up. All 6 Seasons are on there now, and they are showing Season 7 the same day it comes out in the US.

Still more entertaining than any show based around lawyers has any right to be. Plus Donna is lovely.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Some of the shorts this new studio that Neill Blomkamp has put together are putting out are awesome. all well worth a watch.

Oats Studios

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Jodie Whittaker as Doctor Who. Meh.

Do girls watch Doctor Who?
I'm also meh about it. Write a cool newbfemale character if you must tbh.

But yep. The missus loves it. And whilst technically she's "girl" not "girls" I do keep asking and if my persistence pays off I'll let you know ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm also meh about it. Write a cool newbfemale character if you must tbh.

But yep. The missus loves it. And whilst technically she's "girl" not "girls" I do keep asking and if my persistence pays off I'll let you know ;)

I don't actually care that its a female Doctor (and God knows they've been telegraphing the idea for at least two years), I'm just cynical about their motives for doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom