TV New Season!

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
13 reasons why on Netflix.

Differs from the book in relation to how they've been able to tell the story, but does it justice all the same.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Differs from the book in relation to how they've been able to tell the story, but does it justice all the same.

Is it actually any good then? I've seen lots of people raving about it on Facebook, but these people also watch soaps.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Good finale to The Last Kingdom. They're playing fast and loose with the books, but it works.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Is it actually any good then? I've seen lots of people raving about it on Facebook, but these people also watch soaps.

I think it covers the subject matter well, and does not hide away from it in anyway.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The current season of Better Call Saul is excellent. This last episode was so good on so many levels.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Up to episode 9 now.

Outstanding television.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The current season of Better Call Saul is excellent. This last episode was so good on so many levels.
I still just love the fact every series starts with that couple of minutes in a cinnabon store

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
The two hour premier of the new season of Twin Peaks live-airs tonight at 2am UK time. I may be going into work tomorrow with zero sleep but hopefully it'll be worth it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I just finished Big Little Lies. It's very good!

and incredibly tense every time Celeste and Perry are alone. The 20 or so seconds where it was revealed that he knew about the apartment were unbearable.

I'm also going to need to see Nicole Kidman's birth certificate because I don't believe she's almost 50.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Twin Peaks.

totally fucked up still, feels like your having a brain seizure watching it.

Zarjazz

Twin Peaks.

totally fucked up still, feels like your having a brain seizure watching it.

No one can make a show like Lynch can, no one. One moment some utterly wtf random surreal scene, followed by something sweet and whimsical, then a slow build up to pure dread and the scariest shit you'll ever see on TV.

I'm not sure I entirely like all of the new season but god damn if I'm not going to strap myself in for the wild ride and watch the entire thing while I get brain fucked.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No one can make a show like Lynch can, no one. One moment some utterly wtf random surreal scene, followed by something sweet and whimsical, then a slow build up to pure dread and the scariest shit you'll ever see on TV.

I'm not sure I entirely like all of the new season but god damn if I'm not going to strap myself in for the wild ride and watch the entire thing while I get brain fucked.

Do I need to go back and watch the original?

Zarjazz

Do I need to go back and watch the original?

Depends on how good your memory is about the original show. It's probably not 100% essential but I would say the new season is much more like the Twin Peaks movie Fire Walk With Me in tone (a massively underrated film IMO) than the TV seasons, and plot points from the film are certainly in it so maybe you could away with just watching that.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I would say the new season is much more like the Twin Peaks movie Fire Walk With Me in tone (a massively underrated film IMO) than the TV seasons

This.

It's properly Lynch, not quite Eraserhead, but it's more Lynch that the original series which eased you in gently with the "whodunnit" angle. This is straight into the bad-dream realm of weird, there's so many hidden gems that'll go over your head if you're not au fait with the original seasons. I'm liking it so far, but it is testing and not for those who have been saying "I don't get this" on Twitter.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Designated Survivor. Been putting it off for a while. Really enjoying it.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
American Gods yet again - this is just amazing tv!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom