New legion raid format

E

elerand

Originally posted by exe
Wrong again. LA participates on almost every relic raid.

Who doesn't, it's not totally selfless ;)

E

exe

Originally posted by elerand
Who doesn't, it's not totally selfless ;)
Agree. But if Im not mistaken the point was that they DONT do anything for the realm as a whole what has just been proved to be wrong.

E

elerand

Originally posted by exe
Agree. But if Im not mistaken the point was that they DONT do anything for the realm as a whole what has just been proved to be wrong.

But keep raids JUST to open DF for the masses is a slightly more selfless act than doing raids to open df for your guild who migth get a better share of loot.
Relic raids are also more fun, bashing doors isn't much fun after all and I can say that censi did it for very good reasons, just think that putting such guilds at the fore is a snub.
I remember when raids were conducted ad hoc by certain guilds and the results weren't very fair according to many, censi raids changed that, think that's a very good thing and congrats to censi for the foresight to do it, partly because the old ways were less than fair.

finding others with the capacity for such selflesness is tough, I would do it but I go nuts once my fps goes yellow and I better not talk to anyone :p

E

exe

Originally posted by elerand
But keep raids JUST to open DF for the masses is a slightly more selfless act than doing raids to open df for your guild who migth get a better share of loot.

finding others with the capacity for such selflesness is tough, I would do it but I go nuts once my fps goes yellow and I better not talk to anyone :p
Hehe... if DF is open its open for EVERYONE so if LA(or insert any random guild here) helps to open DF it helps the WHOLE realm to get access to it doesnt it? And if I understood it right u just have admitted u cant be arsed to organize a legion raid urself and this is soo true for most of the hibbies;)

T

Tilda

surley if you dont like the way Censi has organised a legion raid you are free to do it your self.
It seems a fine way to do it if you ask me.

Tilda

E

elerand

Originally posted by exe
Hehe... if DF is open its open for EVERYONE so if LA(or insert any random guild here) helps to open DF it helps the WHOLE realm to get access to it doesnt it? And if I understood it right u just have admitted u cant be arsed to organize a legion raid urself and this is soo true for most of the hibbies;)

Hmm, I dont' do raids cos I can't be arsed, it's cos I go mad ;)
I already said fair play to those who do them, censi got overwhelming support for them because they were selfless, Would like to see LA do one and see how it goes :D

Think opening DF for a raid and having it open for everyone as a byproduct is a technicallity, you can't get off that easy :p
Certainly not if said raids...well exclude everyone except 16 people out of 40 of the chosen participants.
Ok, maybe we should organise our own raids, then why do they need 2fg of the rest of us if they could do it themselves eh ;)

Keep the raids as they are, the odd loss and the speed of lottos are a minor gripe for particpants, major pain the ass for organisers like censi I agree. Maybe there is another better way? That's something worth looking into, not a subject I can look into now (hungover, been awake allllll night etc) but one I shall throw some ideas at once I recover!

T

Tank Init

Why dont LLaw, TD, Black Dragon and Vengeance just merge guilds, wouldnt have to post crap like this anymore. They want to play alone, let them.

most of them was in the same guild but their egos caused em to split.

S

saltymcpepper

Originally posted by Tank Init

:clap: :clap: :clap:

btw, am i wrong in saying that emain was dead (apart from a group of vengeance), at the time llaw arian helped take beno :rolleyes:

B

Bitney

Originally posted by exe
Lol, cant u instead of flaming everyone and everything for not helping u just admit that u cant be arsed to organize anything urself for urself?

It was pointless to post the "rules" on this forum, why not just do it in private by inviting the players he/she wants and not announce it at all? If you want server wide events then sure, but this post was basically telling people they are not welcome on Legion raids, unless you are in one of the 4 guilds. To also state that each one of the 4 guilds are guaranteed a drop makes it kind of pointless for the other 2 "fill-in" groups.

And you're right, i can't be arsed to organise raids as they all usually turn into whiney gatherings of L337 people. I doubt i could actually organise an event either, so i don't try.

C

cjkaceBM

LOL I am amazed that anyone would have the arrogance to post this bullshit.

I mean like wow, if I want to gank legion I must leave my guild (Celtic Fist - remember the guild that has organised more relic raids than any other - ie Novamir, Icebreaker, Danita to name but three) and join either Black Dragon, Terra Dominus, Llaw Arian or Vengeance. Sorry no can do, while I have friends in those guilds my loyalty lies with CF.

Over the last few weeks I've seen the loot rules change on Legion so many times that it is amazing. We are now back to the organiser can pre-claim an item. To me organising a Legion raid means actually taking the keeps beforehand, which I've seen once in the last few weeks and guess what - a full group of CF helped take those forts - only for me to find that all the l33t items had been pre-claimed. WHAT UTTER BULLSHIT.

I find it a pity that the pixels dropped from Legion are more important to some people than the actual real life people that control the characters who spend the time helping those pixels to drop.

S

saltymcpepper

Originally posted by cjkaceBM
I find it a pity that the pixels dropped from Legion are more important to some people than the actual real life people that control the characters who spend the time helping those pixels to drop.

100% agree with you on that one.

anyway.....

how long till shrouded isles is out? 2 months just about.
as soon as its out no one will even go to df to kill the same mobs over and over by hacking at them, but choose to go to dungeons like Galladoria, where every named mob drops 100% qual 35% bonus gear, with better stats than any crap from legion and most take a lot less people to kill.

take a look at this.

T

Tyka

Hmm i dont know what to say, of course if i agree with Censi i will get all the people that are not mentioned in his post against me. I'll just post my point of view on this and then the rest of you people can go on with the flaming.

First of all, as i can see from the beginning, something that most of you people have missed, is Censis dedication to these kind of raids. He does not like to rvr, he does not like to craft or other things such as level alts for bgs or whatever, he only cares about 1 thing in this game and thats drops, drops that are very hard to get and you need alot of organisation for. Thats why he play this game and thats his goals, to get all of those items.

Now after done 100 of raids he got tired of the way how most hibernians treat him, always someone that have to whine about not getting a drop, well i dont want to get in to that but there is alot of moaning cause i have done legion raids myself and ALWAYS there are a few young kids that are never happy. Seriously the worst moment was when a level 50 bard lottoed for a ebop and he sold it 5 minutes after announcing it in the same cg censi was in + 100 other hibbies. However i can't blame him since this was Censis raid and he made up the rules, why he did make them this way was because less people would argue since everyone have same chance to get an item.

Ok this post is getting too long already so i'll get to the point, put yourself in the situation and think you are making a raid, random ppl show up, not even lvl 50 or not even BOTHERED to get group going for this, they just pop up and yell "LFG". And then after the raid when they dont get a drop they whine because its not been shared fair, or they have not got their drop. These kind of things piss me off and i can imagine its the same for Censi.

So why not only get guilds + people that are willing to help him all through the raid and even if they dont get the drop they want they wont moan? it sounds fair and not so complicated to me.

Imagine Censi msging you saying "hey can you help us take back beno, get a full organised group and then take them all down to DF so we can gank legion?"

All that is work, time put by the organisers to contribute to the raid, THIS is what we need more of in hibernia, not people who stand in ligen yelling "LFG LONLEY CHAMPION #235235". If you want something you have to work for it, and that is what censi wants, organisation.

However i still think its wrong of you censi to say that only these guilds are invited, i would say anyone who is willing to get a full group + help you in whatever it takes to open df are welcome, this way there wont be only some guilds that will be able to make it, but people who are willing to actually do something to get their hands on a legion drop.

Can't say i always agreed with censi on the way he does stuff, and cant say i always came along with him, but the point of my post is that if you want something you have to work for it, not _Just_ showing up in DF saying LFG, and not going afk the whole raid etc etc.

Censi msgs 4-5 people who make sure they get full groups that know what to do and know what the rules are, does not have to be special guilds, just anyone who is willing to help the raid.

Thats my point of view i dont want 50 quotes on this if you dont like it, fine keep the stupid "your guild is lame" comments to yourself.

C

censi

oks,

Where to start?

Well let me rephrase, I have kinda finished farming legion... hence thats why I wont be making these mass zergs... I've just lost the motivation to do them tbh... Im sorry if it offends you that I cant be bothered to spend 3-4 hours raiding DF and organising a free for all lotto... but Im just being honest...

Every now and then I get asked if I can get someone and item and the need comes up to hunt legion again... So as a necessity we blast open DF and go and kill him and get the item hopefully...

The main point to the post is that I have stopped mass farming Legion... The intent for this being to cut down on the in game PM's I am getting bombarded with when I log in...

I have gone beyond worrying about a thing called "reputation" , to many people know me in game now for any damage to be done with posts.... and the free for alls will start again when we have new mobs and dungeons to conquer in SI.

And yes someone else raised a damn good point, I am not the only person on this realm with a god given right to raid legion...
It would be gr8 for hibernia if someone else took over from where I left off doing these raids, but as yet I havn't found anyone who is dedicated enough to blasting Legion at every possible moment... but tbh its not up to me to find a replacement, and there are already many gr8 raiders out there.

Of course if theres something you really need from legion or you would still like to raid legion with me in these smaller grps' pm me and we can arrange it.... I just wont be CG'ing the whole of hibernia prior to a legion raid starting.

And no its not closed with those 4 guilds only, as attack grps... If you can make a guild FG of lvl 50's (balance grp) let me know.

Those 4 attack grps are the ones used so far because those guilds have expressed a motivation to go on these raids and have the capability to from grps fast and effieciently....

Oh and happy new year soon guys.... much more important!

E

exe

Originally posted by saltymcpepper
btw, am i wrong in saying that emain was dead (apart from a group of vengeance), at the time llaw arian helped take beno :rolleyes:
Yes u r. There was just enough to kill in emain when LA was told the new rule set and invited by censi to the legion raid. After that they decided to form a raid FG and go help taking beno.

E

exe

Originally posted by censi
oks,

Where to start?

Well let me rephrase, I have kinda finished farming legion... hence thats why I wont be making these mass zergs... I've just lost the motivation to do them tbh... Im sorry if it offends you that I cant be bothered to spend 3-4 hours raiding DF and organising a free for all lotto... but Im just being honest...

Every now and then I get asked if I can get someone and item and the need comes up to hunt legion again... So as a necessity we blast open DF and go and kill him and get the item hopefully...

The main point to the post is that I have stopped mass farming Legion... The intent for this being to cut down on the in game PM's I am getting bombarded with when I log in...

I have gone beyond worrying about a thing called "reputation" , to many people know me in game now for any damage to be done with posts.... and the free for alls will start again when we have new mobs and dungeons to conquer in SI.

And yes someone else raised a damn good point, I am not the only person on this realm with a god given right to raid legion...
It would be gr8 for hibernia if someone else took over from where I left off doing these raids, but as yet I havn't found anyone who is dedicated enough to blasting Legion at every possible moment... but tbh its not up to me to find a replacement, and there are already many gr8 raiders out there.

Of course if theres something you really need from legion or you would still like to raid legion with me in these smaller grps' pm me and we can arrange it.... I just wont be CG'ing the whole of hibernia prior to a legion raid starting.

And no its not closed with those 4 guilds only, as attack grps... If you can make a guild FG of lvl 50's (balance grp) let me know.

Those 4 attack grps are the ones used so far because those guilds have expressed a motivation to go on these raids and have the capability to from grps fast and effieciently....

Oh and happy new year soon guys.... much more important!
100% agree:clap::clap::clap: And a Happy New Year to u m8.

Y

yadleen

Originally posted by Tank Init

Please don't make generalisations about the people in these guilds, it's the minority and not the majority.

I know a lot of nice people in these guilds and all the flaming on these posts is unfair to those people in particular.

S

Stallion-

ehm Censi isnt forced to do these raids, you cant blaim him to wanting to make it easier...

And who said legion is only for "leet etc guilds"?

Just make your own raid?

Q

Qte Eth

lol at all ppl blaming cens
dont like it-organise urself
ah noone likes to organise anything and lead anything
cens have done roughly 50 legi raids last 2 months ,remembering old days we did around 1 legi raid /week before hes activity
i dont see here thanks for many raids and items hibernia gained only useless blame as usual
he doesnt owe u something and dont have to invite u and is not meant to be only hibernia legion raider and if he dont invite u that doesnt means legion items will never belong to u-just means ull have to do smth more difficult than stick him to get them

J

josua

well for the last about 3-4 months iv been going on legion raids with Censim

imo he does fair and well organised raids

i have never got a Legion only Drop and i have never lotto'd for 1

for a long time all who went on Legion Raid told Censim to take 1 item that he wants ie pre claim...about 50% say yes then the other 50% moan ...so in this view i understand why Censim wants to change the way its done as the organiser

But from what hes now saying only Llaw Black Vengance and TD can get Legion drops on his raids ...which leaves out 90% of Hibernia

N

Novamir

Originally posted by censi

some have a tendency to go ballistic when u explain theres a LVL cap on drop lotto's (not sterotyping anybody here)

lol so true

censi if you plan ahead and give a date/time of raid i assure u CF will provide a good balanced fg

L

Laralyn

Well i've read the whole thread and what i can add is this:

The first one to tell you that Censi is not the only one who can make legion raids was Gunner.. LOL

i can understand that those who posted first after Censi were angry because they felt left out of the raid etc

i totally agree with all that Tyka (who said all that came to my mind after reading the thread) and Censi said in their last posts

LA has and will always take keeps (for DF, for claim, for fun)
and will always participate in relic attempts

there was one question there about why we need seals.. well if you were a crafter with 700+ skill you would understand ;)

i really dont apreciate being called an elitist.. and i dont really understand why you do it but i guess its your right to have an opinion.. good or bad

C

congin

Many against censi and many with him...

To make the thread even longer :p i would just like to say i totally agree with censi, must be a real pain to do a free for all raid.

N

Noche

It´s elitist, but well... things happen and this is one of those nasty thing. Censi got tired and wanted to change rulez, good for him.

One thing I wanna know, if all 4 guild grp got ONE of legion specific drop (therefor 4 in all) plus an amount of seals EACH and we all know that ppl will prolly kill a prince or two in the process which gives good loots and fair good amount of seals, ALL those goes to support grps (aka not above 4 guild grp)?

I was wondering if one prince drops couple soulshade daggers (I´m a NS wot u want me to give as example? :p) and they r obviously not legion class drop therefor all goes to the support grps? (Means other 3-4fg) Knowing that a good raid (killing 2 princes for instance) would give about 20 loots and only FOUR of em (according to rulez four best but still four items) goes to FOUR fg, the REST (aka 16 loots) goes to support grps for em to loot freely? If the rules r set this way it´d be seem to be more fair isn´t it?

Oh btw when´s the DF item salvage nerfage? 1.54 or later?

A

angrysquirrel

stop giving censi a hard time, he is under no obligation to mother any of you.

if you want a legion raid, organise one yourself :p

E

Ensceptifica

If I read all of this right, then Censi wants to do Legion raids with preclaimed drops, only allowing pre-made (guild) groups in who he can count on to help in a stable, organised raid. I can imagine it can drive you mad to have 3 hours of half groups tagging along, complaining etc and having another 3 hours to bitch about drops afterwards.

So far I think all the flames are caused by the current hype to judge and condemn elite guilds, and with so many peeps already frowning on guilds that stick together so much like LA/VNG/BD, it's easy to read this post as an elitist thing. I think Censi just wants to do these raids in a way that doesn't cause him so much aggrevation, and any (well organised) guild group that is prepared to go along with his new idea of Legion raids is welcome. Now if I misread and Censi is actually saying other people than the ones from the mentioned guilds can't get any Legion drops, then I still think it's Censi's call, but it would be terrible for the game as it would fuel the bad feelings some people already have towards the mentioned guilds.

And it's been said before countless times: ANYONE can do his own Legion raid. Take some keeps, open DF, make a cg, get people in, make groups, move to Legion, kill it, gather items, make lotto groups. Now imagine the things that can go wrong at each of these steps, consider how eager you are to lead something like that and get held responsible for anything going wrong without getting any thanks for things going right, and then tell me you wouldn't think Censi's new approach would seem like a better way to do it. If you think he's wrong, and you feel like showing it's easy to do it better: do it yourself ( ;

O

old.Xanthian

So basically u posted to say that you wont be running raids for anyone other than the guilds involved?

Great.. So dont invite anyone else when you cant fill the groups.
If your going to invite others to the raid then giving the legion only items to the "uber" guilds is unfair

These legion raids have been getting worse as they go along, the other day Armiger et Dementis opened DF and were invited to the raid, lords and legion went down with ease.. and then it came to the lotto.
The rules changed as the lotto went on.. Correct me if im wrong the rules were :
*lvl 50 for legion specific items.
*lvl 45+ for others.
*lvl 40+ for junk + Seals.
*only 1 lotto per person.
*and only lotto for an item u can use.

By the end of the lotto, we had:
*2 lvl 42's entering a lotto for a 45+ Blade.
*A ranger with 2 items, 1 of them being a Spear.
*No seals as the holder had gone.

Now going by your rules, we opened DF, we were the main group we got no drop, and there were 4 legion specific drops, and they went to newly lvl 50's that cant get full advantage from them (apart from Khefru).

Now if you want to seperate the realm then so be it, but dont expect any help from my guild in anything, as we obviously arent uber enough for you.
And another thing .. Why only these guilds ? Most of them are filled with arrogant, egotistical tossers, and by giving them what they always wanted, is gonna make it 20 times worse.
Im also assuming exe is a member of Llaw Arian, as he fits the explanation above.
And more to the point... Why Black Dragon ?? ! :puke:

F

Fame

Nice job censi, keep them coming ;) (as in keep the raids coming)

T

tankster

i really dont like this way of doing raids ..

its not good for people to claim items ever .. sure its censi's show and he should do it the way he wants to but i think the good thing about raids where that every body joined an event like that and lotto the drops ... now its just a quick kill collect the loot and let the rest fight over the leftovers .. cant be good.

N

Nemue

Think most ppl in hib has taken Censi´s dedication for granted, and now when he´s changing the rules ppl gets upset.

As i read thru the thread i find it a bit amusing that the ones thats on Censi´s line here are either albs (!?) or ppl from the guilds forming those "attack groups", makes it a bit entertaining to read =), as some has mentioned before i don´t think those rules proposed here are slightly elitist, but VERY elitist.

Im not too experianced about raiding etc, but i can tell for sure, with me in my current guild, and with these current rules i will not likely be able to participate in any of censi´s coming raids, and as a byproduct of that i will not likely ever get enough experiance to set up my own raid as some ppl propose us less fortunate to do if we don´t like the current rules.

As for preclaiming legion-drops that is a tad bit unfair aswell, since the biggest guilds will contribute with most ppl and therefore get to lay their hands on the best drops if they drop.
If bigger guilds want more of the loot, let them have more rolls on the better items, that way those not from the big guilds will have a chance on them aswell.

Maybe ppl would find it a bit more "fair" if the organisers of Legionraids asked minor guilds if they can assemble enough ppl to make a FG and join the raid.

oh well, up to organisers to make the rules i guess no matter what ppl say, but i can tell for sure that if ppl from minor guilds cannot participate in raids etc, then how on earth will they get experiance to make their own raids and pull them off?

just my 2c, hope it can be worked out somehow =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom