New legion raid format

C

censi

Chaps, just to avoid confusion...

In the past all my legion raids have just been built with every hibernian that wanted to come...

This caused several problems (mainly for me)... It makes raiding legion a very long tedious process than can take upto 3-4 hours to complete and lotto etc... There were always to many variations of rules and post lotto scandles that would end up leaving me with a throbbing headache... and PM overload the likes of which you cannot imagine...

The bad thing about large free for all raids are..

*AFK stickers that start the raid and finish it glue'd next to me and never draw a weapon (and yes, theres lots of them) but happily lotto for the best stuff at the end
* double or treble teaming on lotto items (or in lamens terms getting 5 friends to come in a CG with you so you have 5 more chances of winning etc...)
*sub 45/40 XP'er... Sub 45/40's arnt all that much use on legion raids... they come for the XP and some have a tendency to go ballistic when u explain theres a LVL cap on drop lotto's (not sterotyping anybody here)
* post lotto sellers. You get people that come along for the drops and then immedietly sell them after the raid ends (sometimes even yelling it out to all the peeps that competed with them in the CG to get the item) This can be a tad annoying.
* non stickers... People that generally get lost and slow the raid down significantly

There isnt really too much point in killing legion with more than 7 FG's... The probability of getting a drop is just so small its not worth going on the raid, and its certainly not worth organising them, without preclaiming something (and whenever I did try and preclaim there would be a disgruntled moan)....

I am using the following raid format now, and it works better... but yes it will mean that the raids are smaller and some people wont get in.

I take 4 main attack grps....

ATM these usually consist of
1-2 FG of LLaw
1 grp of TD
1 grp of Black Dragon
1 grp of vengeance

The reason these guilds form the attack grps is:

1) they want to hunt legion
2) they have enough members to form strong lvl 50 FG's
3) they are good

There will be space for 1 or 2 addition grp's of peeps that always wanna come and kill legion, but dont have large enough guilds to form guild grps...

1 of the 4 legion specific drops goes to each attack grp...

The other 6 drops get lotto'd out

each attack grp takes 100 diamond seals to be distributed amoung the grp...

The remaining seals go to the additional grps that come...

This cuts down the process of killing Legion and distributing loot to about 45mins-1 hour... Which is about all I can stomach now....

Its a much more efficient way to kill Legion....

yes, its slighly elitiest, but its fair...

Of course if you can get full lvl 50 guild grps and would like to raid legion with me pls let me know and we can schedule your guild grp as an attack grp whenever u want....

If theres anyone else out there that still wants to organise free for all "old style" legion raids, good luck to you..... (and Ill be happy to advise you how to set it all up, its not hard) But I can assure you its a thankless task.

A

Arakiel

i understand what you mean and i bet with the amount of raids you done , you knowwhat your saying > you may get a flame or two for it but it will make your life less stressfull i spose :)

are ya keeping your raids to the guilds you mentioned only ? or are you doing it on a basis where maybe a guild can book a spot and send a FG maybe ? that parts not clear to me

the format btw sounds efficient , taking the hassle out of it

. give me a shout and ill take a FG along sometime :)

O

old.Laryssa

:rolleyes:

Do i have to fill a form to join in a raid and pick a number in advance ?

no offense - but i guess the 2FG will be overcrowded ...

L

-Lillo-

Originally posted by censi

The reason these guilds form the attack grps is:

1) they want to hunt legion
2) they have enough members to form strong lvl 50 FG's
3) they are good

1) Yes, so does the rest of hibernia
2) It doesn't take just 50s, anygroup 45 and up can do this
3) Oh, and all other guilds in hib are crap?

Slightly elietist ??? :rolleyes:

S

saltymcpepper

hahhaa what a laugh.
people like you censi and trust your lottos.
dont do this bullshit

T

Toki

Hmmmm,

In the valley of the blind the one eyed man is king!!

O

old.Garax

OMG censi, u have just moved urself from the: all hibernia hunt legion to the: only "the 31i73 can hunt legion", i have hunted legion with you many time with my guild Armiger et Dementis (putting forward a full group many times), plus i have been in ur group many time as ur primary aggro holder.
On many occasions you have been lucky even to get 1 fg of Llaw Arian on your raid, let alone the other "uber" guild's you so speak of.

If this is the way you want to run things then this is fine, but dont call for other hibs to make ur unbalanced groups balanced. I really thought you were running these raids to help the rest of the realm get items they would otherwise have no hope in actually getting (remember the other guilds may not be so RvR orientated but without them even LA would have a hard time dealing with a 4-5FG of albs zerg in emain),

And as far as some of the "uber" legion drops being taken out of the lotto for the uber groups to fight over as far as i'm concerned you can FUCK right off... Without all pullin their weight legion wouldnt be killed and the drops wouldnt be their for the "uber" guilds to even fight over. You either make your raids free for all concerned or you can count my guild Armiger et Dementis out of this equation.

O

old.Garax

each attack grp takes 100 diamond seals to be distributed amoung the grp...

The remaining seals go to the additional grps that come...

This cuts down the process of killing Legion and distributing loot to about 45mins-1 hour... Which is about all I can stomach now....

Its a much more efficient way to kill Legion....

yes, its slighly elitiest, but its fair...

Oh Oh i know, lets just give all the RvR guild all the seals coz they actually need them as they are all lvl 50 and they all have epic armour and really need the seals for something or another. Wake up and smell the coffee Censi. Plus if your talking about RvR guilds you can take TD out of there as you aint really a rvr guild are you (TD just happen to be one of the longest running guilds on Hib, i can't even remeber the last time i saw a full lvl 50 guild group of TD running about)

T

TocaTank

lol cba reading the above, but dont dictate to others what they can and cant do you. I appreciate all the work involved in creating the groups for legion raids...but sorry you have no right.

O

old.Laryssa

Of course if you can get full lvl 50 guild grps and would like to raid legion with me pls let me know and we can schedule your guild grp as an attack grp whenever u want....

Is this Guild Group only - or can a random formed group be an attack group and lotto internal for the drop they receive ?

O

old.Xanthian

Dont bother inviting me to Legion raid CG untill you change your elitist attitude.

I thought you was a respectable person but recently you have been letting these so called "uber groups" pre-claim items such as EBOP and the AF102 Hauberks, which is totally unfair.

Yes the rules you set on the lotto took hours to sort, but it was at least fair. (mostly) If your gonna count out the legion specific drops from the lotto then it makes it pointless going at all as the rest is just junk.

LA, TD, Veng and BD are no better than any other guild, just because they rvr all day doesnt make them superior in anyway.

GG Censi, you just ruined your good reputation.

F

Faeldawn

Think you guys should stop giving Censi a hard time.

Would like to thank the legion group from tonite for stopping to rezz all those of us in DF killed by mids (a lot of us as it happened), very kind.

S

StormriderX

Want to reduce lotto times how about trying to
A) List all items and stats at the BEGINNING OF LOTTO.
B) seperate tank items and mage items etc into seperate lottos so tanks dont have to wait for 50 staffs to be lottod and vice versa.
C) make a seperate lotto for the seals - most of the time when the stuff is rubbish people stay on for seals. Given the list of what was dropped they can cut the amount of time wasted for everything else to be lottoed before seals were lottoed.
D) One thing I never did get was what happened to the unwanted stuff that got salvaged? proceeds given to rdrf or what?

Also the current system isnt slightly elitest it is extremely elitist - if you are not in a pure rvr guild then you cannot have legion drops...

As for afk people who never draw a weapon and are stuck to you - take a note and tell them where to go when they 'come back to life' for the lotto?

O

old.Icebreaker

rofl, what a bullshit.This Game is for everyone not only for some Elite Guilds or Groups.

------------------------------
Icebreaker <Celtic Fist>

B

Bitney

hehehe

Funny :D

Just po'ed 99% of Hibernia in a single post :)

From now on i only res and buff people who are in the following L337 guilds.............. HAHAHAHAHA.

PS : Id remove your item hitlist from signature, after this post you would have to surgically remove your head from your arse to get them :D

J

josua

:( :( :( :(

Does this mean i need to Swap Guilds to go on Legion Raid??

S

spankya

rofl, nice 1 censi. Thats one way to piss every1 off and now it splits up even hib a bit more and causes more bad feelings between guilds especially between LA and other guilds...

LA arent very popular as it is with most people because of the way they way they play and want to do their own thing (which is fair and up to them) and quite of a few their own members say that half the guild is made up of wankers which is funny. But splitting up LA and/or other guilds as elite from the rest of hib will piss people and make people work less together. There is alot of tension between certain guilds and people and this shit just makes it worse

E

exe

Originally posted by censi

If theres anyone else out there that still wants to organise free for all "old style" legion raids, good luck to you..... (and Ill be happy to advise you how to set it all up, its not hard) But I can assure you its a thankless task.
If u can read then read what censi has actually written:rolleyes: And stop flaming censi at last, he has done AWESOME amount of "free for all" legion raids. Just try to imagine how many of u or ur friends would have had legion drops w/o censi making "free for all" raids before. So stop flaming censi, moaning and whining and try organizing "free for all" raids urself if u dont like the new concept. And btw to benefit from a legion only item u HAVE to be lvl50 and rr5+ kthxbye.

G

gunner440

rofl if u dont like the idea then dont join in... period..

either that or organise ur own raid.

i know im an alb and my views dont really count but its censi's raid hence cens's rules

O

old.Tzeentch

So, I missed the bit in the CoC where it said only Censi can make legion raids.

Oh, whats that?

No one else can be arsed.

Yeah, how many raids has censi done?
How many times has censi missed out on an item he wanted?

I think after all the hard work he has done, if he still didn't get what he wanted, he is fully within his right to set this format.

It's CENSI organising it.. NO ONE is stopping any of YOU to organise a raid, are they?

S

Spamb0t

its a bit sad this will happen..
but ive gotta say i understand censi though

well anyways.. ur legion raids has been great :clap: :clap:

E

elerand

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
So, I missed the bit in the CoC where it said only Censi can make legion raids.

Oh, whats that?

No one else can be arsed.

Yeah, how many raids has censi done?
How many times has censi missed out on an item he wanted?

I think after all the hard work he has done, if he still didn't get what he wanted, he is fully within his right to set this format.

It's CENSI organising it.. NO ONE is stopping any of YOU to organise a raid, are they?

Ok first off, I've seen censi posing with ebob and other goodies in innis, dont' think censi has missed out on much.

Censi, if your fed up with the rubbish then you have to realise it's a byproduct of people being allowed to lotto, once it's theirs it's no concern of ours what they do, if others lotto for an item for one individual, yet again not a lot any raid organiser can do about that.

Touting rvr guilds as being so essential for it is BS, few of them do anything but farm rps, sure they grp well but is that all that counts? Most won't take keeps for DF, getting some people to help others is a mission in itself! Although that's a personal problem I've encountered and nothing to do with the larger picture.

Reducing the numbers this way reduces the chances of people turning up for fun (fun still counts right?), like people not preclaiming for example has the effect of more people turning up.

Given the slim odds vs the rvr guilds taking all (like you say x people entering a cg to get something for one person) is increased vs the odd bods that turn up and still give their all.

You're a great raid leader, it aint really broke so please don't try to fix it this way :(

O

old.Niljindil

Seriously, all you people complaining that hes a selfish elitist twat(more or less).

Why dont you just do like the last people are saying and ORGANISE THINGS FOR YOURSELF?!?!?!

E

exe

Originally posted by elerand
Touting rvr guilds as being so essential for it is BS, few of them do anything but farm rps, sure they grp well but is that all that counts? Most won't take keeps for DF, getting some people to help others is a mission in itself!
Dont say what u dont know about. For tonight's legion raid(a new concept one) LA has helped a lot capturing beno and will act in the same way in the future.

O

old.Icebreaker

i did organize Legion Raids, Relic attempts.And i do them again when i get more time.Still working on my Masterplan for Excalibur Relics. :D

And i do this for all Hibs, not only for some Guilds or Groups.

Dunno why Censi post this on BW.She should just gather her Legion Guilds and raid him.Done

But never ask me for help or something on these raids cuz i don't want to join em.Even if i get the chance to get Items quicker.

One Realm One Future :D

------------------------------
Icebreaker <Celtic Fist>

E

elerand

Originally posted by exe
Dont say what u dont know about. For tonight's legion raid(a new concept one) LA has helped a lot capturing beno and will act in the same way in the future.

but I do know, beyond taking keeps for raids in df they have no personal reasons.
I don't discount their abilities, I just prefer to see more hibernians who are privalged to gain something out of it, the numbers are slim and I don't think that is a good thing, nice for the few but that's all.

B

Bitney

Why dont LLaw, TD, Black Dragon and Vengeance just merge guilds, wouldnt have to post crap like this anymore. They want to play alone, let them.

Hell, why not just get the 4 guilds to post emails to GOA and get your own elite server up?

Why even make a thread telling everyone who WONT be allowed to go on raids the new rules?

Post crap like this and you guarantee you'll get flamed.

E

exe

Originally posted by Bitney
Why dont LLaw, TD, Black Dragon and Vengeance just merge guilds, wouldnt have to post crap like this anymore. They want to play alone, let them.

Hell, why not just get the 4 guilds to post emails to GOA and get your own elite server up?

Why even make a thread telling everyone who WONT be allowed to go on raids the new rules?

Post crap like this and you guarantee you'll get flamed.
Lol, cant u instead of flaming everyone and everything for not helping u just admit that u cant be arsed to organize anything urself for urself?

E

exe

Originally posted by elerand
but I do know, beyond taking keeps for raids in df they have no personal reasons.
Wrong again. LA participates on almost every relic raid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom