New Ideas For Servers

I

Ignition

Hi all :)

Right, in light of the incoming changes to BarrysWorld, as ya liaison I'd like to know what you guys want from the servers.

I've had a few suggestions so far, I'd like opinions and suggestions, anything welcome. Obviously it's not up to me what goes on the servers, if I had my way we'd have an AK only instance set at high speed with low grav ;) , but any suggestions would be appreciated from our customers :)

So far we have:

An Inf/Elim instance, rotating between each mode.

A grenadeless instance (this has already been partly done, Elim 2 has no incendiaries now, comments welcome)

An AK only instance

An instance with rotation of weapons available on each map.

Combinations of the above.

Any mods or special playing conditions you'd like to see please do let me know, you are, after all, our customers, and I want you all to be assured I am listening to what YOU want from YOUR servers, I'm here to keep you happy :)

Obviously we can't please everyone all the time, but I think it's time for us to offer some different things on the servers, so please speak up, and hopefully we can sort it all out and keep the servers fresh and challenging for everyone :)

T

TheBlueCat

well i would like to see an inf/demolition hybrid
ive spoke to a few people who thought that would be a good idea

:)

N

NightH@wk|

I would like to see a dem/inf server and also a server just for people with low pings if possible:D

T

The-Don

How about?

How about... yes wait for it.... an instance with FF on?

Then again might be a bad idea with Lordy playing :-P

I

Ignition

Re: How about?

Originally posted by The-Don
How about... yes wait for it.... an instance with FF on?

Then again might be a bad idea with Lordy playing :-P

Nah so long as you keep out of USAS range should be quite harmless ;)

Have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed by the response so far, 2 admins replied and a single player - more more more please :)

T

[TAA]Jimbo

Server Idea

How about DEM/INF/Elim server without those damn m4 nades that peeps love to use at point blank range. And, a server for low ping users e.g. up to a ping of 80. This is because it is very difficult to hit people with a ping of 100+ when u have a ping of 20. It is very frustrating to unload a clip at almost point blank range at a person with a ping of 140 only to have them turn and kill you in only a handful of shots! :(

N

NightH@wk|

since we are now paying surely we should be allowed somw input as to what we want

M

=M<P=Xerxes

How about DEM/INF/Elim server without those damn m4 nades that peeps love to use at point blank range. And, a server for low ping users e.g. up to a ping of 80. This is because it is very difficult to hit people with a ping of 100+ when u have a ping of 20. It is very frustrating to unload a clip at almost point blank range at a person with a ping of 140 only to have them turn and kill you in only a handful of shots!

know what you mean m8

:cool:

T

TheBlueCat

sorry lads but to take out the nades youd have to remove the gun altogether::(

T

thorne

wot does it matter,nobody is playin anyway??!! :(

M

=M<P=Xerxes

I know BW servers are like deserts no matter what game it is. And I've pay the subs to. :mad:

:twak:

T

thorne

well we'll give it a month or two

but SOF 2 relies on the huge Dutch community for 1 and I doubt many of them will pay £24 :(

CS will be the only game with a reasonable amount of players for some time I think.

But I did subscribe £12 is nuthin,just hope BY & Jolt dont follow tho

T

The-Don

Originally posted by thorne
wot does it matter,nobody is playin anyway??!! :(

It will take time to build up a new community... but we'll get there :)

I

Ignition

OK some ideas there, keep watching things will be changing a bit in the near future ;)

C

Cdr

I know it's probably a crazy, 'way out there man' idea, but why not open one or maybe two of the servers for 'public' use. But give the subscribers priority access - i.e. when a subber (if that is a word) logs onto the server it throws a non-subber (there it is again) off.

The problem at the moment is that although there maybe a healthy community of subscribed SOF2 players all wanting to play on BW servers, they look at the server list, see that there's no-one on and then not bother. People generally dont like to sit in an empty server for X amount of mins just in case more people join. If everyone is like this the servers will remain empty :(

However, if you open up a couple of servers and then allow the mortals in, this will make the interest grow again, it will also mean that by paying the subscription you get priority access and won't feel as though you have wasted your money.

I have no idea what needs to be done in order to add this to the servers, what needs to be changed technically speaking and whether it's possible at all.

It's only an idea, please dont flame me for this - I have sensitive skin. I also apologise in advance if it has been mentioned and /or discounted as an idea in other posts.

btw - whats the scroll lock for?

N

NightH@wk|

Originally posted by Cdr2002

The problem at the moment is that although there maybe a healthy community of subscribed SOF2 players all wanting to play on BW servers, they look at the server list, see that there's no-one on and then not bother. People generally dont like to sit in an empty server for X amount of mins just in case more people join. If everyone is like this the servers will remain empty :(

This i am in total agreementwith you look in the server list see its empty then move on somewhere else

Users who are viewing this thread