New Frontiers - First Impressions

Zpiff

Fledgling Freddie
Funny little thing that happened to me while defending a tower...
3 or 4 times it says "You pick up 17 gold, 70ish silver and 80ish bronze pieces...
Anyone know if this is a bug, or just some sort of "financial bonus" for defending keeps/towers ?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I think that has to do with boiling oil, same thing happend to me when I killed like 5 people with boiling oil at the same time, got 1x 17 gold and the other 4 came like 10 mins later when I was walking towards a keep (well I think those were from the boiling oil anyway as there was nothing near me at that time).

Shadowmag

Fledgling Freddie
first impressions - awesum !! :D best expansion ive seen since i started ^^

love the way they revamped the rvr zone geography - much easier and faster to get into some nice fights now , and u can use sum tactics now too - also they havent killled roaming totally , but still have left some space for fg v fg :clap:

luved the boiling oil too :flame:

btw anyone have an idea wot r supposed to be the supply chests in the keeps ?

and is fun travelling next to a mid ferry and spamming the other side with /beckon /taunt etc and then once we landed on the shore start smashing each other :m00:

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
2nd impression, if your realm lost some keeps it's gonna take ages to get anywhere if you don't have a speedbuffer with you.
No hastners at the keeps (atleast I haven't seen one), and can't port to a keep if one of the neighbor keeps are taken -> loooong runs.
Rezz illness slowing down your movment ain't helping either.

rynnor

Rockhound
Proper Test?

Its all a bit skewed and unreal as a test at the moment - because you cant have guilds that survive a zone no'ones claiming keeps and upgrading them - so all doors are level 1 - which means the defenders arent really getting the full advantage they will get on real servers - I still think defenders have a massive advantage...

U can no longer gtae into an enemy keep neither does pbae seem to work but you can fire from the inside out as a bunch of albs who attacked a keep I was repairing found to their cost last night :)

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
Wubed it xD
mebbe the reason u can make lvl 50 rr6 :D ,
made a smite cleric With MoC and soloed a eldy and champ :p

Uba in game map with areas with action and i gonna check out dungeon 2day :DD

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Dukat said:
The first thing I found that I didnt like was the 'combat noise' (eg. the added shouting and punching sounds that appear when a fight errupts), I understand how others might like it but I found it annoying. I wish there was an option to turn it off/down (I couldnt see a way, had music and ambient music turned off), but this is only a very minor thing.

Aye, I found that VERY sily.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Daedalus said:
Aye, I found that VERY sily.

Any idea if theres a way to get rid of it? or plans to make a way to turn it off?

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Well i played some more now and it turned about to be quite fun. I'm gonna miss old style rvr tho. Also what did they do to mid frontier!? looks so gay now :(

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Zpiff said:
Funny little thing that happened to me while defending a tower...
3 or 4 times it says "You pick up 17 gold, 70ish silver and 80ish bronze pieces...
Anyone know if this is a bug, or just some sort of "financial bonus" for defending keeps/towers ?

Probably that you participated in a kill on someone. in NF you get cash for kills.

selim_segor

Fledgling Freddie
In the USA they say tanks are crap...
We shouldnt have to worryabout that... Nf will be excellent, it will combine massive fights and keep taking which every class is vital to defend/attack keeps Healers to heal, Tanks to go on doors, casters to keep the bms clear of other casters and oil pot controllers and Stealthers climb the walls and get insaide information on the strategy of the oppoasition, NF is going to be excellent and i am looking greatly forward to it!

Well done and thanks Mythic/Goa on this fantastic expansion :D

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Finally got on alil tonight as well, and found out that albs had taken all mid keeps, towers and relics and were pretty much camping svasud. Made some attempts to help zerg back fensalir towers but albs were *alot* more than us poor mids. Fights were funny but i was kind of despairing that this would be the reality of NF live as well - then i thought, why not try and see if theres still room for fg action - so went and joined a grp and we opted it alil with the standard 3 healers, shammy, then me (was playing thane) and hunter, skald, zerk. Then we snuck out via the somewhat protected relicgate route, and headed to that dock, got on a boat and sailed to albland for some retaliation.
There we started bashing a tower near their docks. First a few albs appeared and got squashed, then a few more and more and more ^^ We racked up some nice kills but got wasted in the end. Point is, there is definetly room for a diciplined fg in NF - just make hit and run attacks on towers and you can be sure people will come running for you to farm. Then get moving fast, or camp in tower if you manage to bring it down fast enough. So, was pretty fun despite alb dominance :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Yes and now 2/3 of all gorre population is playing Albion due to the relics...
Even got a few screenshots of the amount of albs on gorre in an attack that would make an alb/excal primetime zerg look like a fg.
But its fun in some way as I've yet to see an infil that can actually land PA, even out melee'ed an infil you PA'ed me (failed) with my ranger.
But I agree that not much testing can be done because there are no guilds and so its not going to be like this when NF goes live on the real servers when keeps will be claimed and upgraded and ML's and artifacts come in use.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
I have to say I'm really looking forward now to the release of NF.

I've really enjoyed it, as have the peeps i've been teaming with, it's not just that it's something new, it's after breathing in some fresh and exciting changes to how rvr is done. There will be more solo fights imo , as with the expanse of the frontiers there is less chance of adding to fights =)

I'd also like to thanks GoA for giving this chance to test it ourselves =)

plus for letting me see how great a class my friar is, and also what my next class i'll be pushing towards 50. over all i have to say i like it =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom