New Frontiers - First Impressions

Nimah™

Loyal Freddie
So, what do you think to New Frontiers going by your first impressions?

Personally I think when the lag gets sorted (yeah, I know this will be fixed when the patch goes live on normal server) that NF is going to boost RvR in such a lot of ways, seems very fun to play in NF. Graphics are majorly enhanced, as is the sound when in big fights :cheers:

Looking forward to the proper release of NF now myself :p

Givf!

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
I kind of enjoyed the keeptake, but, it was just a bit too laggy. I nuked 5 people without being noticed, I can't really complain about that ;-). But, then I got 5 shotted by some archer but due to the lag that was pretty much an insta-hit. Then our healer couldn't heal, logged and there wasn't a single cleric/friar/paladin to be found.

Personlly, I'll wait until most people buggered off to the normal servers again, or wait for NF to hit the normal servers :)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
NF Beta is actually fun, but not sure how much that'll change once people have access to their over-tweaked toons again.
Though, the current Beta would almost make me renew my account... most likely because it is a Beta :D

Nive11en

Fledgling Freddie
The teleport system is great, makes it much easier to get into the action. Maybe I'll have a better chance soloing with my unbuffed wiz, before I'd always get killed at the milegate, now I can actually run around. :D But thats when NF gonna hit Prydwen.

Graphics are quite enjoyable, was walking around with my level 5 rogue in NF :)

Ambusher

Fledgling Freddie
aye, started a fire wizz, and got some leet DF equipment! :D

nice to bolt some mids again for 700+ :)
but too bad it was all laggy, and zones like Camelot and SI are crashed..

gonna make a lv50 buffbot tomorrow rr6! :p

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Laston said:
do you get MLs aswell on test server?
Afaik you don't. For a moment I thought that some people had the convoker ML, but, turned out that there are just static PN's at docks.

Nimah™

Loyal Freddie
Laston said:
do you get MLs aswell on test server?
No.

And yeah, lag is the only real problem I can find. Havent found any major bugs either :wub:

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
No go here , when I click play the game pauses for 2 sec's then nothing , stuck at the char screen........

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
To post on-topic, I think its really fun to explore the frontier with all the new structures and geography - I cant but think that this expansion will revive the RvR for EU DAoC players. The lag currently is boring but its nothing us from Midgard/Prydwen isnt used too. :p

And Im fairly sure it wont be like this during the entire beta nor when it goes live - wish it would go live in less time than 2 weeks...its like Mythic didnt do any beta testing of NF with such a long beta test. :(

A

Aoln

Damon_D said:
No go here , when I click play the game pauses for 2 sec's then nothing , stuck at the char screen........
Make a char that doesn't start in SI, the zone is down so you can't log in to it.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
C'mon people there are enough threads to complain about lag and login-problems - would be nice to discuss the topic instead of how crappy the Gorre server is.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Marcus75 said:
C'mon people there are enough threads to complain about lag and login-problems - would be nice to discuss the topic instead of how crappy the Gorre server is.
Well, yeah. But even then I think it's just too early to say anything sensible about NF. We haven't properly tested it.

Mind that the zones only crashed because they were under a heavy strain, and even then, they aren't RvR zones.

I don't think that any RvR zoneservers have crashed yet.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
Well, yeah. But even then I think it's just too early to say anything sensible about NF. We haven't properly tested it.

Mind that the zones only crashed because they were under a heavy strain, and even then, they aren't RvR zones.

I don't think that any RvR zoneservers have crashed yet.

Hence the title of the post "New Frontiers - First Impressions. ;)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
I am impressed, though it's laggy at the moment that should go when servers go live, but the keeps look nicely designed aswell as the war-map idea seems pretty cool.Boiling oil seems a bit overpowered though eh xD

But haven't been playing much...i would say this would make rvr fun again though, better than running emain all the time which is boring as hell in the current game, the NF land seems to be varied a lot in some areas, like a stone maze i went in was nice fights there.Like daedalus said though need more than a week to test most things properly.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Ah the stone maze...gotta explore that tomorrow..and Passage of Conflict - Im impressed with all the structures...saw some deserted mid outpost that was looking really cool near Bled earlier today..lots of nice things that add to the strategy of playing this game with smaller groups (non-gg ones) or solo. :D

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
Quite fun. Made a little alb caster group with my mates from Fear, thoguh not all are online at any one time yet. I like Divine intervention on my Cleric, It's quite fun.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
tis fun :) will be better once it calms down and gets a little bit less lagged and a bit less hectic.

lefo

Fledgling Freddie
And absolutely sadest thing about NF is that 2 weeks after going live it will become a ghost place (especialy on pryd) and everyone will move to camlann. I left daoc because of NF and i was very excited about it at first and was testing it for one motht. NF trully killed daoc.

And btw , get some irc channels ready because it will be the only way to find a rvr fight - thats the way rvr will be.

And btw #2, will be fun to read all those whines about albs owning all relics and keeps after first 2 days :)

And hibs lolololol, start to reroll to other realms NOW !

Now that was a sad post hehe :) But what the hell, You all have fun while it lasts, because it wont be for long (few days realy).

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
lefo said:
And btw #2, will be fun to read all those whines about albs owning all relics and keeps after first 2 days :)

And hibs lolololol, start to reroll to other realms NOW !

Last I heard, the majority of relics US-side were held by Hibs...

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
my 1st impression WOOT i got a lvl 50 scout wit some alright armor and rr6
double woot... this is the kind of thing my dreams are made of hurrah hurrah!
then realisation.... this wont be possible in actual NF.. i will have to carry on lvling my scout again... depression.
oh well NF seems kool so far good ideas been thrown in. i managed to stay on server for about 2hours or so from when it went live i was almost instantly on but they lagg got the best of me. really chuffed me up not being able to actually kill anything cos i always insta died.
so would love to see what its gonna be like without the lagg.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
3 bugs enountered so far:

Tower door untargetable by me (others could still hit it), only happened once and could hit door next tower i tried on.

Vanishment doing nothing, nada, zip. Used it when a nightshade attacked me when i was low on health just now, and he could happily nuke me and then stick-follow me while it lasted.

All or some names turn white now and then, and only way to make them the proper color again is to click on them and then click something else. Happens alot.

Other than that its a blast! :D

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
3 bugs enountered so far:
All or some names turn white now and then, and only way to make them the proper color again is to click on them and then click something else. Happens alot.

Other than that its a blast! :D

Seems like they know bout that one already,

GOA said:
Some bugs are already known, it is thus not necessary to report them. Here are some of them :

Characters or NPCs whose names are displayed in white as if they were selected

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
the thing about the lagginesses is it was server wide (probbly due to the muppets in si) anywho first impressions is wow the new anti zerg code is great fights are fast and large and fun.

I can see how gank squads will hate it ie i dont have to be rr10 to win fights :) or twinked to the arse.

personally i can see hibs being rolled unless we secure our boarder keeps asap i suppose the problem is once crauch falls who ever takes it got an easy way into our realm.

first impressions though are its going to be fun at least for 2 months if not more. Those peeps who hate it already without playing then i sujest you delete and roll on camlaan before we get whined at :)

over all animist a bit nerfed but not too badly Fungal union is funny :D and im generally happy with class as it stands.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Managed to log on about an hour ago for a quick go.
Only kinda bug ive found is that youhave to right click on doors etc to go through them, can't use spacebar.

Anyways.. it's very.. 'keepish'. Should be intresting;)

Oh, and ban the stupid retards with bots in there. Really, get out more u cockends.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
Last I heard, the majority of relics US-side were held by Hibs...

we get 1.70, US got 1.71 currently.

And 1.71 changed quite a lot for keeps and relics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom