new Alcatel USB DSL modem drivers...

B

Big G

... have fucked my connection speed from 576 kbps to 300 kbps.

It's not too much of a big deal 'cos driver rollback in XP sorted it. The drivers that came with the modem work no probs, but when i ran Windows update (guh..) it said "brank spanking new Alcatel modem drivers", so i thought "oh good, lets try 'em".

Needless to say, the connection speed was wanked down to 300 kbps. Anyone else with this modem (the one that come with the Pipex package) tried these new drivers and found the same? Any reason apart from "MS have sucky drivers" for this?

Cheers

Gaz

S

Sawtooth

Hmm sounds like MS have sucky drivers for this. My advice is use Alcatel drivers from their page and not MS sucky drivers.

Saw

O

old.blackcow

i only had the problem of spending about an hour trying to find the speedtouch linux drivers on thier new 'design' speedtouchdsl.com or something :-\

S

Summo

Exactly the same problem with me, Big G. Connections speeds knocked down to 300kps. At first I thought it may be displaying the 'true' connection speed rather than the max connection of 576kps, but no. Download speeds dropped to around 40K. Sucky drivers.

I reinstalled the Alcatel 1.4 drivers (forgot about driver rollback in XP - d'oh!) and everything okay.

B

Big G

Yeah, i thought it might be a proper connection speed too (even though 300 kbps is pap), but i checked downloads and all mine had dropped.

Gaz

F

Furr

The drivers are sooo crap, if you have too many incomming connections, eg download 8 articles in a P2P prog then the PC crashes

Users who are viewing this thread