Nerdy Awesome shit you bought!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Jeezuz christ. 80 quid a month!

Thankfully I'm paying nothing near that - my bill has gone up from £52 to £57 with the addition of a roaming package, which means I can use my minutes in the US, Mexico etc. Work are getting rid of company phones as well, so I should get most of that back when they do.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Thankfully I'm paying nothing near that - my bill has gone up from £52 to £57 with the addition of a roaming package, which means I can use my minutes in the US, Mexico etc. Work are getting rid of company phones as well, so I should get most of that back when they do.

You say that as if you have a good deal. That is mental cost.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I just changed to Giffgaff from being with Vodafone for about 15 years. £15 a month, and no EU roaming charges.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Although they have recently reduced the roaming data allowance from 20GB to 5GB: EU Roaming Changes 2022

Not quite so generous - but probably more than adequate for most people.

It really isn't. I was in the US a few weeks ago and burned through my free 5GB in the first morning; your background processes use up a ton of data these days.

I had to switch basically everything off for the duration and rely on WiFi, which wasn't always possible.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
1657721742219.png

Will add a photo when it arrives. Herman Miller Cosm with adjustable arms in White/Nightfall.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Will add a photo when it arrives. Herman Miller Cosm with adjustable arms in White/Nightfall.

Nice, stuck on my aeron until it breaks or i sell it though, so like probably until i die or sell it.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Now we're "Virtual First" I am no longer entitled to a Tablet for travelling, even though I still travel to customer site/conferences etc, so thought I'd get myself a new toy.

Was between that and the Lenovo Ideapad 5i, but couldn't find the "Flex" version in stock anywhere near here, plus despite my misgivings about previous Acer laptops I've had, Lenovo are Chinese so no.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have a Steam Deck on the way, which is aces. But today they informed me it's with Evri, which is shit.

The last thing they tried to deliver ended up so late I cancelled with the seller and bought elsewhere. They then delivered it anyway, once I'd cancelled. Didn't pay for it, so I gave it to a mate.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have a Steam Deck on the way, which is aces. But today they informed me it's with Evri, which is shit.

The last thing they tried to deliver ended up so late I cancelled with the seller and bought elsewhere. They then delivered it anyway, once I'd cancelled. Didn't pay for it, so I gave it to a mate.

Had similar, An excessive amount of failed deliveries from Evri/Hermes/whatever they decide to call themselves this week. A few years ago I got a free monitor and keyboard from them because they delivered my package in the salt bin at work. Claimed a refund, then found my delivery a few days later.

Personally, I have made sure that every single one of their loading bays and doors are not serviced by the biggest company in the UK that does such stuff. I really could not give a shit about their situation, yet another phoenix company (shaft everyone, sell your stuff to yourself for buttons, rise again the next day and so on) Fuck'um. We have lost 10s of thousands from these shitty companies.

Edit, the best thing anyone can do is ask their supplier who they use for delivery, pre-purchase, if it's someone like Evri, tell the supplier why you won't be using them.

Last edited:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Anyway I got my Steam Deck at about 3pm, been downloading my library to it since then. Taking ages :) 512gb model so I can put tonnes on.

It's pretty cool but never having used a controller since a Quickshot II, it's going to take me a bit to get used to.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Got some new home network stuff due including a Zyxel MG-105 and a Asus XT12 Mesh system due, now if only Vodafone BB wasn't being utterly annoying with google services.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Bastards, one of the transformers was faulty and getting that through to Amazon was harder than expected.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I believe @Tom has a "Proper" one, I would be interested to see if the plug ins work as well.

I have thought about checking my house, but without a before reference point I am not sure how much I would gain.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Anyone have speaker reccomendations? My Klipsch THX 2.1 are dying on me. A soundbar would do nicely, as I can then fit a second monitor on my desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom