Nerdy Awesome shit you bought!

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
It can be too cold for them here

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just got myself sme Master and Dynamics true wireless earbuds (MW07 plus) - (for walking and the gym)

MW07 PLUS

They're very funky looking, but they're also 300 quid... I'm just about to order some Jabra Elite 75t's, (mainly off the reviews) which are about €180 and I still think that's too much for headphones.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
They're very funky looking, but they're also 300 quid... I'm just about to order some Jabra Elite 75t's, (mainly off the reviews) which are about €180 and I still think that's too much for headphones.
Just got the 75T myself, nice buds and the pass through feature with 4 mics works great. The Noise Cancellation should be in the next S/W drop in a couple of months from what I read.

These have replaced my Bose as buds to use in the gym and general use.

Yoni

I looked at the 75ts but the M&D came up higher in quality of sound. Additionally 10 hours batterly life and 30 hours in the charging case sold them to me.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I find buds are uncomfortable. Tried all different sorts after a while they make my ears ache. Prefer over hear ones.

Yoni

Brought some J75ts for hubby today he seems happy with them... only time will tell

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH

I have these: Sony WF-1000XM3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones

Perhaps not as audiophile as the WH's, but pretty good for flights. They do some daft things like pass filtered sound through from the cabin - they also sense if your moving and change the filtering profile - honestly, I can't really get this filtering thing to work properly. One of the best things is being able to sleep with them in - one of the worst things is that when they fall out they end-up somewhere on the floor :|

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Bought an e-scooter, it's a Spanish clone of the Xiaomi model, with the same specs but no app. It's fun to ride and cheap as fuck transport. Restricted to 25kph but I've had 40kph going downhill, although it's a bit sketchy at those speeds tbh.

Syri

FH is my second home
Just upgraded my PC, as my old file server / media player's motherboard died (it was a core 2 duo, used to be my main PC) so my 3rd gen core i5 has gone to server duty, and I've now got a ryzen 5 3600 with a nvme SSD. It's nice and quick, especially the boot times compared to the old sata SSD.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
So I had a random email from Yodel last night - quite intrigued as I didn't recall ordering anything - so opened it, and it turns out when I was very drunk on Friday, I ordered a new keyboard!

K68 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — CHERRY® MX Red (UK)

Quite worrying how I can spend £120 on a keyboard and not remember, but hey ho.

First impressions? Not as satisfying as the Model M - feels more like an old BBC Micro, but the backslash works and I have a windows key now. Am keeping the Model M (natch) for if I've got any heavy documents to do, but for everyday use this seems more than acceptable.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So I had a random email from Yodel last night - quite intrigued as I didn't recall ordering anything - so opened it, and it turns out when I was very drunk on Friday, I ordered a new keyboard!

First impressions? Not as satisfying as the Model M - feels more like an old BBC Micro, but the backslash works and I have a windows key now. Am keeping the Model M (natch) for if I've got any heavy documents to do, but for everyday use this seems more than acceptable.
Thought you might have gone with something with Browns so there's at least a bit of feedback if you like your model M. If not blues even.

Bodhi

Thought you might have gone with something with Browns so there's at least a bit of feedback if you like your model M. If not blues even.

I wondered that, but I'm guessing my thinking was that I already have a properly "clicky" keyboard, so decided to go for something different so I have one of each.

Feedback isn't quite up there with the Model M, but it's more than acceptable. Certainly far better than the Dell POS I use in the office.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I wondered that, but I'm guessing my thinking was that I already have a properly "clicky" keyboard, so decided to go for something different so I have one of each.

Feedback isn't quite up there with the Model M, but it's more than acceptable. Certainly far better than the Dell POS I use in the office.
Well. Obviously :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Next time yr drunk tell me and i give you a list of stuff i want ;)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I have the Das Keyboard 4 Professional with brown switches and I love it. Although, to be honest, I haven't tried any of the other Cherry switches and I don't remember how the Model M felt.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I also have a Corsair keyboard. Cant remember the switch colour though but it doesn't make a lot of noise and really easy to type on.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I also have a Corsair keyboard. Cant remember the switch colour though but it doesn't make a lot of noise and really easy to type on.
Ditto but I prefer to type on my Das Keyboard or even the MacBook. The Corsair is for gaming not typing imo.

Bodhi

I will admit the Das Keyboard 4 was my original choice, but could't find any in stock when I was looking. My plan was to wait for them to come back in, but it looks like a couple of bottles of red saw to that....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have a K95 RGB as my main keyboard and a K70 as a spare. No idea what switch colour tho. Still very clicky. Oh and have 2 IBM Model Ms in the loft somewhere.

Yoni

My hubby has just ordered my birthday present - I know about it as I am also contributing to it. My little Nikon1 J5 has taken some awesome pics in the last 5 years and will be semi-retired to be replaced by a Nikon Z6..... I can not wait to see what fun I can have with it *grins*

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
My hubby has just ordered my birthday present - I know about it as I am also contributing to it. My little Nikon1 J5 has taken some awesome pics in the last 5 years and will be semi-retired to be replaced by a Nikon Z6..... I can not wait to see what fun I can have with it *grins*
Still using my nikon d7000. :)

Yoni

Sadly they stopped making the 1 series and replaced it with the Z. I have improved a bit and now find the J5 a bit limiting so time for an upgrade... I am super stoked - I know the tech is a few years old but it is still considered one of the better affordable mirrorless cameras on the market :)

Ono

Part of the furniture
Got these delivered yesterday. Will take me away from this mad mad world.

20200510_135244.jpg 20200510_135335.jpg

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
@Ono How you finding the headset? My last 48 hours have been mostly trying to avoid buying a set because it means my PC will need an update. Really want a set, but not sure if it's worth buying a peasant "Quest"

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Ono How you finding the headset? My last 48 hours have been mostly trying to avoid buying a set because it means my PC will need an update. Really want a set, but not sure if it's worth buying a peasant "Quest"
I've tried a few but the index is really good. The others have made me feel queazy.

However, I barely use it tbh.

Ono

Part of the furniture
Been blown away by it tbh. Took a while to get comfortable as I wear glasses (had to dig up an old pair which had smaller frames to fit inside the thing) but the immersion is total.

I have set the Index to run at 144Hz (above the max 120Hz) but rarely feel any motion sickness. Once on Boneworks and once on the Spider-man demo but got use to it quickly.

Games just become events.

HL: Alyx is astonishing. Graphics are the best VR has to offer. So is the immersion and surprises in the game. It's mind blowing.

But other games have got just enough love - particularly those that make use of VR and make it natural:

• Beat Saber - my God. This is so much fun and instinctive. Takes me back to the rhythm games of old - Dance Dance Revolution, Taiko etc.
  • The Thrill of the Fight boxing - I can barely last 2 rounds without dying on my feet - it is so intensive. Fantastic workout.
  • Boneworks - probably the most advanced use of VR. Basically if you think you can do it in realy life - you can here!

There are plenty I have tried but need to spend more time on including driving games, Elite Dangerous and other flight games.

The Index was very easy to set up and the tracking via 2 lighthouses is flawless. I have it all set up so I can pick up and play straightaway in my gaming space so I don't have to faff around with setting up every time etc.

Love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom