Nerdy Awesome shit you bought!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Bought one of these due to being sick and tired of noise on almost every soundcard/mic setup you can think of.

3387125424.gif

( It's a blue microphones USB Yeti mic ).

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
God where do I start?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No! I have to be good!

Clown

Part of the furniture
I'm not going to post my watch here. You lot will cunt me in the neck.

Do you reckon we will get more action if we move this to The Front Room and make it open to "anything remotely interesting you bought recently"?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I want a Panerai watch :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
This is one of my watches. Bought it in Paris years ago

HkMmfarzaH0pUPu.jpg

Mine has a chocolate brown aligator strap. Its lovely

Yaka

Part of the furniture
also own the yeti mic. that along with diy headphone amps have been the most nerdy shit i have recently got me self
Kit-all-2-360x270.jpg

Kit-6-800x600.jpg

Clown

Part of the furniture
Is it worth getting one of those portable FiiO amps to go with my Samsung Galaxy S2 + HD25-II headphones?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
fuck fiio, get lod cable for your phone and build a cmoy or if your upto it cmoy with bass boost.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I'm not going to build anything so I would end up purchasing whatever those lod cmoy stuff is. They don't look very small though?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
One mistake with the soldering iron and its game over.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
This is one of my watches. Bought it in Paris years ago

HkMmfarzaH0pUPu.jpg

Mine has a chocolate brown aligator strap. Its lovely

What is it like as a watch though? Is it fashion over function?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Its accurate. Its comfortable. Its looks good on. Bought it (1) because it looked nice (2) its exceptionally well made & comes in a gorgeous cream leather zip case (3) its LV

Whats any watch like a watch? It tells the time. You can go to argos and buy a watch for £3. If you've got the money and you want to get something nice you treat yourself. Simples.

old.user4556

Yes, my point about swiss watches in particular is that they're a) expensive b) also shite.

All my buddies with automatic Rolexs, Omegas and Breitlings all complain of the same thing - either gaining time, or losing time. At £400 a service to supposedly keep it accurate, I'm done with the cock-extension watch game and will happily flog it on ebay for something that actually does "tell the time" as you put it.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Well TBH I don't wear a watch that often. I'll wear one of my nice ones if I'm going out, otherwise, I just don't bother. I'm never really anywhere where I can't either see a clock,or glance quickly at my phone. To be honest, if its 10 seconds out, who cares? Really.

old.user4556

Well, I care obviously which was why I was asking how that particular watch was to see if you had the same issues as the rest of the woeful brands; but clearly it seems to be better from what you've said.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
It seems accurate to me, put it that way. I've never worn it long enough for me to realise "hang on, its lost/gained x seconds". Even if I've worn it for a few weeks, its still kept good time.

old.user4556

That's a good indication, my Seamaster is good at losing several minutes in the space of a week - my mate's is the same.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I have a Gucci watch in my drawer (pure fashion item, doesn't pretend to be super accurate). I had the battery replaced 8 months ago, and worn it no more than 10 times. I've just checked it - the time's pretty much spot on. But I'm really not bothered if its 30 seconds out. Nothing I do in my life depends on split-second timing, so for me its really not an issue.

If deadly accuracy is your thing, TBH, I wouldn't know where you'd go for that. All the watch manufacturers are going to pride themselves on their accuracy, and as you said, most of them disappoint.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Mine is Gucci so purely a fashion watch. It keeps the time. The reason I didn't post it is because you're pretty much paying for the brand rather than some geek tech.

I like it though.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
you can buy a cmoy off ebat with bass boost, most peeps build and sell em in small altoid tins point to point made ones are even smaller and peeps charge more for them. you'd save a bit by building it all your self but pre built ones arnt that expensive.

thinking of getting this watch

kisai_seven_led_watch.jpg

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Wow, my proof-reading skills took a vacation there. At least you all know what I mean.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Some of those kisai watches are pure sex. might have to buy one or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom