Nerdy awesome shit we want

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The model 3 is quite cheap now:

Design Your Model 3 | Tesla

€800 a month in Ireland after rebates. Actually not terrible, but I just really dont like the design, inside or out.

Just found out why I've yet to see an iPace in Ireland; they're incompatible with the local charging network, which is a. fucking ridiculous, and b. shows the potential future where your car can be bricked by shitty engineers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
€800 a month in Ireland after rebates. Actually not terrible, but I just really dont like the design, inside or out.
Or a three bed semi with garden and garage in Nottingham and all your monthly bills paid.

For a car. :/

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Just found out why I've yet to see an iPace in Ireland; they're incompatible with the local charging network, which is a. fucking ridiculous, and b. shows the potential future where your car can be bricked by shitty engineers.
Bit of a serious issue if you were to take them abroad from the uk to ireland on a trip lol

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Brother in law has one on order to replace his i3. The buying experience so far has been:

- Put deposit down
- Wait 2 years
- Come to order, and find the discounts haven't been applied
- Cancel order
- Re Order, only to find out you can't have the colour or spec you initially ordered
- Wait for Tesla to find a car fairly similar to what you ordered
- Wait a bit more

If that's the future I'll stick with a 10 year old BMW thanks.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Brother in law has one on order to replace his i3. The buying experience so far has been:

- Put deposit down
- Wait 2 years
- Come to order, and find the discounts haven't been applied
- Cancel order
- Re Order, only to find out you can't have the colour or spec you initially ordered
- Wait for Tesla to find a car fairly similar to what you ordered
- Wait a bit more

If that's the future I'll stick with a 10 year old BMW thanks.

They're popular, what do you expect?

Did he contact Tesla or rage-cancel?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You expect them to get the order right and your order to be what you ordered.

That's a minimum basic for every single company you buy shit off, ever. Minimum.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You expect them to get the order right and your order to be what you ordered.

That's a minimum basic for every single company you buy shit off, ever. Minimum.

That's why I asked if he contacted Tesla, because I don't see how Tesla is responsible if you rage-cancelled the order and expected them to have one ready for you when you're at the back of the queue again.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Did he contact Tesla or rage-cancel?

I thought it was inferred, however he contacted Tesla to see if he would be getting the reduction in price they've just announced (strange how they've cutting prices if they can't make enough of them). He couldn't get it on his initial order, so had to cancel and re-order. He has kept his place in the queue, and will be getting one of the first deliveries in the UK (eventually). Just not the colour or spec he initially wanted. In fact he's expecting Pearlescent White, however from what I'm hearing of the cars on their way over, he'll be getting flat white.

Not really the customer experience I'd expect from buying a 60k car tbh.

Embattle

FH is my second home
We've got solar panels and Telsa Powerwall being installed some time in the next month, although the Powerwall shouldn't be as problematic as getting a Tesla car due to a lack of options in colours :p

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
We've got solar panels and Telsa Powerwall being installed some time in the next month, although the Powerwall shouldn't be as problematic as getting a Tesla car due to a lack of options in colours :p
How much are the solar panels costing? Are you feeding into the grid? Do you have a battery?

Embattle

FH is my second home
How much are the solar panels costing? Are you feeding into the grid? Do you have a battery?

The solar panels, inverter, installation, etc. is about £5,500 and the battery, backup gateway, installation, etc will be nearly £8,000. Any additional power over the battery/usage will naturally feed back into the grid eventually under the SEG next year, although I'm not expecting much even during summer highs. The solar panels will make a saving over their lifetime but the battery is a bit of an unknown which the rep was honest about, a way that was suggested to use the battery better is you would use a Economy 7 tariff and during winter you get the battery to fill from the grid at night.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The solar panels, inverter, installation, etc. is about £5,500 and the battery, backup gateway, installation, etc will be nearly £8,000. Any additional power over the battery/usage will naturally feed back into the grid eventually under the SEG next year, although I'm not expecting much even during summer highs. The solar panels will make a saving over their lifetime but the battery is a bit of an unknown which the rep was honest about, a way that was suggested to use the battery better is you would use a Economy 7 tariff and during winter you get the battery to fill from the grid at night.

Wow that is cheap, I got quoted 14-16K GBP for 14 panels + Tesla Powerwall 2 + 1 extra Inverter etc. House in Falmouth Cornwall. Put me off doing it for a while as we wanted a ground floor extension completed as well.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Wow that is cheap, I got quoted 14-16K GBP for 14 panels + Tesla Powerwall 2 + 1 extra Inverter etc. House in Falmouth Cornwall. Put me off doing it for a while as we wanted a ground floor extension completed as well.

Our house is East/West and after he did his survey it worked out best to have 8 panels on the East side and then 8 on the West side of the roof, I guess this also means the Inverter can be a little lower at 3.6Kw. The surveyor also stated that we really didn't need the most expensive panels as we weren't short on roof space, if we had been then it might be worth paying the considerable additional cost to get the higher efficiency.

Embattle

FH is my second home
So just under 2 weeks until installation, strange to get excited about solar panels.

Embattle

FH is my second home
So install day is here and there are 4-5 guys doing the work, after a walk around there are some changes to the original plan.

The Tesla Powerwall was going to be installed on an outside wall but after some discussion the installer stated it wouldn't be a good location. The unit can go outside but the location was going to be exposed to full sun for most of the day, so the unit is now going to come inside the study against the wall with the gateway going to the left of it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
So with day 2 complete the equipment is all in place as is the cabling, it all worked initially but during the power loss test something went wrong.

In essence it looks like there was a mix up in two of the neutral cable numbers and during this test it seems to of damaged the Tesla Gateway thus leaving it utterly dead. So until the replacement Gateway arrives the Powerwall is unusable, so for the moment we have a working PV system and mains power.

Embattle

FH is my second home
They sent a engineer with a new Tesla Gateway today, so after 3 hours or so we now have a fully operational system.

IMG_20190927_171041.jpg

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is a bit of a shame that you get some sleek looking Tesla units that are surrounded by ubiquitous trunking :p

Also I find it odd that I keep feeling the need to watch the energy flow in the Tesla App.

Embattle

FH is my second home
So I'm not expecting a great deal until next year in terms of solar, but yesterday's figures:

House Used: 18.9kWh
Sources: Solar 30.9%, Powerwall 14.3%, Grid 54.8%.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You use quite a lot of 'leccy by the looks of it. 8-10kwh/day is average apparently.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The actual case you can see the top of in the picture is a Corsair Obsidian 750D, the powerwall probably works out about double the height of the 750D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom