Necromancer Revamp

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
got rid of all those crappy spirit and avatar separation issues. but way too late for a dying game

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Some patch notes to follow with a bunch of changes in apparently. Just waiting for BroadSword to stick them up.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
None of which will change the game from being terrible to being enjoyable.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
None of which will change the game from being terrible to being enjoyable.

Most likely true, got 14 days free though so I'll give it a go when it goes live I think.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I had 30...used about 5 and that was desperately trying to find something about it that wasn't awful. When the player base is absolute scum there is very little you can do about it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It seems the pvp is zerg v zerg mostly.

Which i personally was ok with cause although i ran in an optd 8 man for a while with the blackbirds. Blast from the past. I didnt like the class system. Ie upper and lower not what you played. In regards to how u played.

But there are only enpugh for one zerg per realm online so waste of time imo

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
8 was always a zerg for soloers. Most 8 mans were just bad.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm not so sure the dynamic RP Bonus will fix zerging, be nice if it did though... it'd restore some balance at least.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
8 is a group. Zerg is two or more fg. Solo is eight or more stealthers at a mg

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So far the necros are getting hate (lol) "Just dueled a necro on Pendragon, I couldn't even do enough damage to the necro because its pet kept healing it faster than it I could do damage. The Necro then 2 shot me with bolts for 1100 and 1300."

Guess that testing is going well :D

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Just make it free-to-play, and have 8v8 fighting arenas where you get 50% less RPs but you have to pay with gold (or irl money) to enter.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nobody would enter...

Lets be clear, nobody is interested in a challenge, nobody is interested in min/maxing their toon.

The only thing players care about now is RPs, they don't care how they get them, so long as they get them.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Free-to-play would work but it would require a fair bit of setup. They can't just open the doors and go "ok have fun" they still need to make money to keep the servers operating, there lies the problem :p they should just add a similar PLEX system or Token system as WoW has, plenty of plat floating around the game and people would be more than happy to legally buy plat. The same system has worked for every single game that has added it so far.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
they should just add a similar PLEX system or Token system as WoW has, plenty of plat floating around the game and people would be more than happy to legally buy plat. The same system has worked for every single game that has added it so far.

It didn't work for Wildstar which had a PLEX system from the getgo. And that game isn't doing that great despite going properly free to play. Ok so it's the only PLEX game i know of that didn't succeed but still.

I honestly don't think DAoC could survive a free to play transition. And a PLEX system wouldn't work either because there's SO much plat floating around existing players could support a sub with it for life unless the devs put a price on them that was so high ONLY existing players could afford them.

And then there's the problem with enough players to begin with.

City of Heroes/Villains for example had a player base many times larger than this game currently do when it went free and SOE still had to shut it down. Vanguard i think had 50k subs when it went free and that still wasn't enough in the end because too many stopped spending money in both those games.

Champions online only survive because Perfect World fund that game with money from it's other games. Same with Star trek Online..

Rift has been on it's knees for quite a while too and have now adopted a HORRIBLE pay to win model in a sheer last ditch desperation move.

Aion is not doing swell either, at least not here in the west.

Age of Conan is another one, and they have also switched to a pay to win model.

I could go on listing more but i won't because i'm getting depressed.

The problem free to play games have that subscription games do not is that F2P games need a MUCH MUCH larger player base to be able to keep developing new content or even keep the game running because such a little percent of the players actually spend any meaningful amount of money on it.. Or it has to be owned by a company like Perfect World that takes money from it's bigger games to fund the less popular ones.. But even that has it's limits.

And DAoC can barely stay afloat as it is.

This game should have gone F2P when GOA was kicked out of the picture. Now though it's far too late..

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's never too late Ctuchik, it would be a huge risk I admit but I genuinely think with the right planning it could work. It's greenlighted on Steam, slap it there as F2P and people will be all over it, most of the F2P games on steam are pretty popular.

The main issue would be how they'd make money if not through 'tokens', they'd have to code new stuff in like name changes, race changes, cosmetics etc etc (which they can do.. if freeshards can allow you to change your armour looks there really is no reason BroadSword can't do it)

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
It didn't work for Wildstar which had a PLEX system from the getgo. And that game isn't doing that great despite going properly free to play. Ok so it's the only PLEX game i know of that didn't succeed but still.

I honestly don't think DAoC could survive a free to play transition. And a PLEX system wouldn't work either because there's SO much plat floating around existing players could support a sub with it for life unless the devs put a price on them that was so high ONLY existing players could afford them.

And then there's the problem with enough players to begin with.

City of Heroes/Villains for example had a player base many times larger than this game currently do when it went free and SOE still had to shut it down. Vanguard i think had 50k subs when it went free and that still wasn't enough in the end because too many stopped spending money in both those games.

Champions online only survive because Perfect World fund that game with money from it's other games. Same with Star trek Online..

Rift has been on it's knees for quite a while too and have now adopted a HORRIBLE pay to win model in a sheer last ditch desperation move.

Aion is not doing swell either, at least not here in the west.

Age of Conan is another one, and they have also switched to a pay to win model.

I could go on listing more but i won't because i'm getting depressed.

The problem free to play games have that subscription games do not is that F2P games need a MUCH MUCH larger player base to be able to keep developing new content or even keep the game running because such a little percent of the players actually spend any meaningful amount of money on it.. Or it has to be owned by a company like Perfect World that takes money from it's bigger games to fund the less popular ones.. But even that has it's limits.

And DAoC can barely stay afloat as it is.

This game should have gone F2P when GOA was kicked out of the picture. Now though it's far too late..

I'll tell you what's depressing, I've played every one of those games to some extent or other apart from Age of Conan. I can add a fair few as well - EQ/EQ2, Anarchy Online, Horizons, Eve, SWG, SWTOR, WAR, ESO, and probably some others that I've forgotten about. What a waste of time (and money) most of them were! Still wasting both in WoW from time to time.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Wildstar was a study in garbage though.

But yeah, plex only works with a real economy like Eve, even the tokens in wow haven't really worked that well.

DAOC just needs to be allowed to die now. A free to play model wouldn't stop the rot now. Only the community can do that and the community is horrible.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
on a side and unrelated note... what the fuck were they thinking giving this to assassins? no cooldown, no immunity can basically be kept up 100% of the time.

edit: given that assassins almost always come in packs like rabid dogs, in what universe did this seem like a good idea :p I think someone at BroadSword is a stealth zerger.

fdsgdfsgdfgdfgdfgd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom