Necromancer in RVR?

Jeros

Part of the furniture
So i was thinking of making a necromancer to use in RVR.

how bad is it really?

from what i can gather they destroy melleers but get destroyed by casters?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
well firstly, its very complicated

range/los is a real pain
pet dying due to los is a pain
cant really get a good regular group
purge dont work, iirc... you may find a problem when your stunned + 5 sec cast on remove mez
pet buffs are limited to 5(viewing) as a result its hard to know sometimes if your stunned/mezz and various other effects

but you dont die often(people dont target the abom)
you have facilitate painworking, rather useful
you can recycle pow+hp
you have a remover mezz spell(only for pet)

overall decent magic + melee dmg + good abs, good support class

however with all these toa toys they dont have a spot in regular rvr groups, that said, better/more fun than any other class ive played

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
make sure you check out which bridges are bugged with regards to pet pathing and stay away from them, certain bridges will see your pet run underneath them and you will loose it and thus appear in the middle of the bridge.

Also realise that necro pets are genreally very weak against casters but you can give it ago i dont think you need much template you could probbly do it in necro epic :)

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
@ Galagan :D were you ever a member of Dungeons and Dragons on Albion /Excalibur? think you were anyways, its Craft from DandD would be nice to speak to you again :D

On Topic, Havent seen many necromancers do that well in RvR, unless you have alot of patience [RR10 Necro] and are fully buffed, alot of issues and not a PvP reccomended Toon :/

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Craft said:
@ Galagan :D were you ever a member of Dungeons and Dragons on Albion /Excalibur? think you were anyways, its Craft from DandD would be nice to speak to you again :D

On Topic, Havent seen many necromancers do that well in RvR, unless you have alot of patience [RR10 Necro] and are fully buffed, alot of issues and not a PvP reccomended Toon :/

nope, i swear to god i didn't buy the account... so it must have been someone simerler

mine was pritty good untemplated + unbuffed, but i never really played rvr much, and still got to rr4

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Ya i was thinking i could do it without much of a template, i would proboly just get a few must have artis and sc the rest, just playing to have the most fun i can now, not sure how many more hours i can spend farming artis and scrolls before i just snap :p

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
If your getting artis make sure they will actually work with your pet,things like mezz and stun feedback dont work on the pet or they didnt when I played my necro anyway and alot of other artis you cant or couldnt use their abilities when in shade form.

Should be a bit easier now with necros allowed purge,before any stun caster could eat you alive and dont believe the "necros are melee immune" crowd you can still die to duos of meleers and people who play their toons properly and not just mash the anytime key can give you a good fight as well.

The only thing you need to play a necro is to have a slightly suicidal streak in your play because if any other caster is in range they will out cast you as far as speed goes and grab your kills so you have to get in early sometimes even if it means dying ;)

Jeros

Part of the furniture
swifteagle said:
If your getting artis make sure they will actually work with your pet,things like mezz and stun feedback dont work on the pet or they didnt when I played my necro anyway and alot of other artis you cant or couldnt use their abilities when in shade form.

Should be a bit easier now with necros allowed purge,before any stun caster could eat you alive and dont believe the "necros are melee immune" crowd you can still die to duos of meleers and people who play their toons properly and not just mash the anytime key can give you a good fight as well.

The only thing you need to play a necro is to have a slightly suicidal streak in your play because if any other caster is in range they will out cast you as far as speed goes and grab your kills so you have to get in early sometimes even if it means dying ;)

i have that streak, i got it with my mincer, i would run up just to use my DDs on something then i would get nuked down in about 30 milisecs :p

Everz

FH is my second home
in the right hands, the most op'd rvr toon ever..

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
purge dont work, iirc... you may find a problem when your stunned + 5 sec cast on remove mez
purge does work as of of 1.85.
slef cure mess is a 2.0 sec modified spell, which seems like and insta spell when you cast it (cap speed with decent template).

Jeros said:
So i was thinking of making a necromancer to use in RVR.

how bad is it really?

from what i can gather they destroy melleers but get destroyed by casters?
They are not that bad really. I stoped PvE with my first necro, and made him a RvR necro few month back. Took me bout a week to get him to ding him RR5 when i was solo. Main issue is the permanent bridge bug outside of Beno, which will in most cases cause you to loose your pet. Do avoid this, NEVER enter the bridge. Swim around/under it.. :p

Yes, they are very resistant to melee damage. 75% absorb with all buffs, plus your resists on shade/casters are transfered to the pet itself, so add 26% resist on the remaining 25% abs.

Magic, on the other hand is more lethal, but farm from what most ppl are saying. Magic is the highest DPS in the game, no matter if you're a Necro or another class. When i'm buffed up without any resist buffs, Grawen (RR11 SM) was nuking my pet for 350 damage (without crits). Compair this to any other char in the game. Necros are more resistent to magic becuase of buffs. Dex buffs do not only absorb melee damage, but also magic dmg...

So what can i tell you about soloing as a necro. It's FUN but you have to be patient. At first you won't see anything to attack, but that's simpley becuase no one wants to attack a necro alone. But when one finally do, all others will join in. From having 0 fights during your first 30 min ingame, to have been zerged by 10 stealthers (from both realms) the next 30 sec.

It's rather booring to fight in other realms, simpley because you have to swim/run through Agramon to get there. So each time you get killed, you have 10 min of fun autospring ahead of you..

The only real threats (solo wise), are enchanters if purge is down. Their debuffs are painfull. All other casters can be interupted by self FP cast.. And having spirit nukes is <3.

It's easy to make "MP" templates aswell. My necro have capped summoning suit, 101 dex/acu, 26+ all resists, 8 castspeed (onyl effects shade tho), 8 spell damag, 10 spell pierce, 40% powerpool. Get a similary, and you are ready to secure albion frontiers.. :)

Have fun, no matter what the other tell you!

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
it`s hard to group with a necro cause you have problems keeping up for various reasons. bridges, boats, some goofy terain,... all makes you unable to keep up with a group.

getting ready for action again after a rezz takes way longer than on any other char. 3 buffs on necro, swap 5 items, 6 buffs on pet, swap 5 items. can take half a minute. totally unsuitable for fights where people get rezzed and fight on.

But they are sometimes OP, yes, a fully buffed pet with a decent template was the only caster i know who could take a full unload of a warloc (pre nerfs), laugh and then kill him.

debuffs (stat and resist) are horrebly eficient on a necro. buffshear a necro pet and most anyone with some mellee skill will kill the pet in h2h.

they are often very frustrating to play in rvr, but they are potentially very powerfull.

Drusus

Fledgling Freddie
Necro's can be the most awesome OP toon in RvR, or they can suck, Big-Time!
I love my necro, just haven't been playing much lately.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Awarkle said:
Also realise that necro pets are genreally very weak against casters

Well don't know which Necro pet's you tried to nuke lately but when I did it on my Animist(MoM4-WP3) I did a whole 200 damage per bomber, that's nowhere near the amount I nuke real people for which is between 500-800 pre crit.
If they fix the Necro pet pathing problem and make them cast faster (like a real caster) then it would be a serious strong class in RvR.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
getting ready for action again after a rezz takes way longer than on any other char. 3 buffs on necro, swap 5 items, 6 buffs on pet, swap 5 items. can take half a minute. totally unsuitable for fights where people get rezzed and fight on.
yau need a better template then m8 you can have good resists 101 con 400 and swap 1 item plus sword and shild(cl3) to staff and have capped caster stats

get ms in template and watch catser try to nuke the dog same with AT and the sobi form

oh and keep pet on passive amount of necro i have seen, that have there pet get aoe damage/debuff and not notice it run off

Bahumat

FH is my second home
1 thing (dunno if you still can) is casting your HoT when the pet is stunned. Not alot of people do that but it helps against a warrior or hero pounding you whilst stunned

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
1 thing (dunno if you still can) is casting your HoT when the pet is stunned. Not alot of people do that but it helps against a warrior or hero pounding you whilst stunned
no you can't. the pet will w8 for his next combat round to cast a spell, and while he's messed he won't be able to do that ..

and why waste purge on a slam, unless there is a caster nearby to assist him? :)

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
seen alot of poeple using los bugs on bridges to nuke people as well on necro... jaxxel being one of them

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
lpep said:
seen alot of poeple using los bugs on bridges to nuke people as well on necro... jaxxel being one of them
Shaming and naming seems to be the new trend on FH?

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
lpep said:

Simple solution dont camp bridges ;)

But LoS bugs as you call them also work the other way around,loads of times when playing my necro I would start casting spells on someone I could see and the way a necro works the power is used if the pet casts or not so if your not careful you end up with an empty power bar without ever actually casting a spell if people dodge in and out of sight as they do on bridges.

Also once you've cast a spell on a necro if that person moves out of sight but lags into view you cant stop your pet casting the spell if it sees the person is in sight unless you hit passive which if your lagging isnt always possible so LoS abuse isnt always as simple as it first seems as far as necros go.

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
Dont forget that Necros are speedwarp immune as well ;) And there is some love inc:

"....Test Version 1.87 Release Notes

Necromancer

- The level cap on each of the Necromancer's pets has been removed. All of the summon spells should now summon a pet at 88% of the casters level, so that the Necromancer may use any pet they wish at any level like other pet casters. The one exception is the level 1 version of the summon, as it will summon a 100% pet with a cap of level 2. This is being left in place so that the Necromancer is viable until level 4 when they receive the second summoning spell.

- Abominations have had their inherent built in penalties to hit points and defense removed.

- Greater Necroservants have had their inherent built in penalties to hit points and defense removed.

- Necromancers will now be able to choose which weapon type and proc type their Abomination wields.

How this works - upon summoning the pet, the owner will see a prompt to target and talk to their pet by saying a particular key word - Arawn. This will bring up a menu that displays the various weapon/proc choices via key words.

The choices are: fiery sword, icy sword, poisonous sword, flaming mace, frozen mace and venomous mace. There are two base weapons: two-handed sword and two-handed mace. The three other choices are a fire proc, cold proc and poison (body damage) proc and the weapons have appropriate glow effects representing their damage proc. Primary weapon damage is slash and crush.

Abominations will also instant cast the top base line Strength and Dexterity buffs when commanded via keyword by the Necromancer.

These words and menu selections will only function if the pet owner, and only the pet owner, has their pet targeted.

- All Necromancer pet summons have had their cast time reduced by half.

- All Necromancer pet cast buffs are able to be cast while moving.

- Endurance and Invigoration potions will now be useable in shadeform.

- Abominations now have two-handed styles similar to the styles that Commanders and others use.
...."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom