Nandan is a thief

L

Lusse

Well... a long story short... I've talked a lot with nandan and he seemed to be a trustworthy guy. Polite and nice and all.

So, when I got tired of daoc he bought my old firewiz account on exc/alb and that went well aswell.

But on the end of july I decided to stop playing period, so I asked him if he wanted to buy my US account. He said yeah, offcourse, but that he couldnt pay me until monday (that day being a thursday) and he would appreciate if he could get the account that very same day. Saying I could trust him and knowing he seemed a very trustworthy guy I did.

So monday I ask him if he has sent the money... he then says this

"yo bro soz to tell u this but i'm having kinda problems with paying u atm :-(
To make it short = i supposed to be payed last friday, but for some reasons i didn't get payed /cry My manager said i'll get payed next monday...(fucking idiots) so i can pay u next tusday... I pre-payed that US account for 1 month btw. So i hope it's ok with u... I'm realy sorry for this shit

P.S. hehe I'm lvl 20 =)"

So I get a bit upset since he knew i needed the cash and therefor I sold the account cheap to him instead of using ebay. He says sorry and I say np, just pay up next tuesday.

So next tuesday was 3 tuesdays ago. Not a word from him in anyway and he just keeps ignoring me.

I know that its against the CoC to buy/sell accounts and all.. I know that im a jerk that trusted someone (as in we arent supposed to trust anyone at all... sad world) But I just cant hold myself of typing this here and letting people know what kind of jackass this guy is.

He gets a free account and enjoys himself, probably laughing at every msg he gets from me and just decides to ignore me. I hope that he reads this and understands what an asshole he is. CoC or no CoC... people just trust other people.

So, joink on me for being a stupid person that trust people when I shouldnt :(

*edit* nandan is a lvl 50 minstrel in the guild of Griffon Knights

T

Turamber

Seeing as you've gone outside the code of conduct, and you don't actually legally own your character anyway, you're screwed over. You could make a post on the Griffons own forum but I really doubt there is much anyone can - or should - do about this.

O

old.Aralik

now that you have posted this the character will be deleted, as i remember someone saying that if goa catch anyone selling accounts then the account will be deleted, so youve screwed over nandan anyway as all the character and accounts will be deleted, if you lucky then they might even delete nandan.

C

cHodAX

Not as if he hasn't had any oppurtunity to do the decent thing and pay, I don't belive in selling accounts but once you take someones account details and agree to pay then you pay and don't try to rip someone off.

T

Taggart

Well lets just say that nandan is a fuck head, i can't stand the lil shit!! He is a selfish wank with the maturity of a 3 year old. I hope his char etc gets deleted as albion would be better off without dick heads like him. H been kicked from 2 guilds ive been in( crusaders and the 30) although he has denied this then sometime say that belial kicked him for asking to many questions(which is bullshit).

Im really sorry to hear that this has happend to you, as i got scammed and hacked alot in Ultima Online and know how it feels for something like this to happen :(

Good luck getting revenge back!

L

Lusse

so i found him online on prydwen (i thought he was on us all the time after he got the account) and he gaved me the password back. Didnt get much of an explination of his actions and I had to reopen the account to change the pass to something else (as he had closed the account)

So.... i guess i should be satisfied... certenly not happy, but at least satisfied.

K

kr0n

:flame:

Well, lets just say I havent had that many pleasant moments with her.

O

old.Kram

Heh .. its almost your own fault for making a deal with him .. but then again, everyone can be fooled ..

O

old.mattshanes

God i am glad he didnt borrow my account.Anyway hope things go back to normal for u sorry to hear that:(

O

Ozwaldo

Just Like To Say, why post a thing like that on here. It will become a massive flame and Nandan now will become labled a thief,liar untrustworthy person.

You have the problem with Nandan not the realm, people make thier own judgements on people who play this game and threads like these are not needed.

Sort the problem between you and Nandan, if your alegations are true it might be a case where you just have to count your loses and make you think harder in the future on how much to trust people.

Please stop these, if you have a problem in game, sort it out in the proper way, If the problem is not involving pry/alb sort it out personally.

B

Brannor McThife

Have to wonder why, your first post states all the bad things, then only two hours later you state that you've both established contact with Nandan, as well as changed your password on your US account...

Thank you for informing GOA that you sold your EU account. Would like know how, after you sold your old account, you still managed to find Nandan INGAME on the EU servers?

Lots of holes in your story...explain how you got into Pryd/Alb if you had a Excal/Alb before (which you sold), and knew exactly where to track him down? And be able to prove it was you?

<shrugs>

-G

L

Lusse

i think you missunderstood a bit.

He bought my US account. i.e not an european account. I still got my own EUR account which has a main char in albion/excalibur named Siul, feel free to check that out. The EUR account he bought had a firewizard in it. So thats how i cought him online. We have had ICQ contact all the time until the day he bought the US account. Then he started to ignore me and avoided to take contact with me and pay. But I remembered that he was a lvl 50 minstrel and his name started with an N. So I made a char in prydwen/alb since i know some Utopia members IRL and asked an Utopian member to look up his name and guild if possible. Didnt really say what it was about. For about 3 days ago this person found out the name and told me about it so then I tried to reach him online, which was a failure until yesterday.

It was indeed a coincidence that it was so early after my post but I finally decided to at least let people know what his caliber is and in hte very same day i finally cought him online.

I wont delete the post because what he did really pissed me off. He knows that aswell and therefor I'll let it stay

and Ozwaldo, I tried to keep this betwen him and me. But the fact that he decided to screw me over and steal the account pissed me off a bit, and I didnt want him to get away with it without any consequence.

I hope you understand this matter a bit better now. As I dont have anyhing against Griffon Knights (you cant judge a guild for one persons act) nor albion for that matter as I know people there and I even made my alt on prydwen/alb eventho i have my main on exc/alb

I

ivan_tribbiani

This guy seemed ok untill he offered me to quit PL and join Crusaders hehe... basing it on the fact that he wanted another Russian in the guild. He was somehow saddned when i said 'NO bloody way'. Well he didnt do anything to me.. ever we even enjoyed occasional chat in game :) Cant really say why he would do something like that. I didnt think of him as a Scamming type.

Besides no matter what you guys say he is a good player.

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by ivan_tribbiani
Besides no matter what you guys say he is a good player.

For the record, being good and being a twat aren't mutually exclusive :m00:

S

Shike

hmm Brannor, if the guy have 3 accounts, 1us 2eu which i believe is the situation here, the scenario is not at all unlikely to happen.

And imo, if its a situation ingame, its not ok to post it here, to talk to GM's or officers ingame or on guildforums is a better way to solve it.
In this case, it is about a person beeing nothing more but a simple common thief... Not acceptable and i have no prob with it beeing posted here. It ensures nobody else will fall for this bastards lies.

T

Troryn

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -

For the record, being good and being a twat aren't mutually exclusive :m00:

you should know path :p

hehe

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Shike
hmm Brannor, if the guy have 3 accounts, 1us 2eu which i believe is the situation here, the scenario is not at all unlikely to happen.

Sure, I have 2 EU and 1 US account...but...

Originally posted by Lusse
So, when I got tired of daoc he bought my old firewiz account on exc/alb and that went well aswell.
and,
He bought my US account. i.e not an european account.
and,
The EUR account he bought had a firewizard in it.
do not quite add up...

First he says he sold his old account, then says he didn't, then says that he did? Which is it?

Lusse, do/did you have 2 EU accounts? Simple yes or no will suffice for my inquisitive mind this wonderful Friday morning.

Perhaps we can arrange for GOA to simply delete all your accounts...his and yours. :flame:

-G

[PS, NOTE! IT IS FRIDAY!]

S

Shike

he first sold 1eu account, then tried to sell 1us too :) and its the second deal that went bogus. After that he still have 2eu left as i see it. That means he had 1us, and 3eu from the start and now probably have 2eu's left and 1us, since he has a pally on excal, and a firewiz that he sold, and a US that he sold but got back and changed pass on.. but siul is on excal and someone have to be on pryd too.. since Nandan is on pryd. So i think lusse hacked the server and transferred his US to pryd and talked to Nandan, ofc this is after he got the pass back and could talk to Nandan, so now lusse have 2us and 2eu's i reckon, which sums up in a lot of chars to control which possibly is the reason for him beeing so unclear about all this.

makes perfect sense to me at least ;)

I

ivan_tribbiani

he first sold 1eu account, then tried to sell 1us too :) and its the second deal that went bogus. After that he still have 2eu left as i see it. That means he had 1us, and 3eu from the start and now probably have 2eu's left and 1us, since he has a pally on excal, and a firewiz that he sold, and a US that he sold but got back and changed pass on.. but siul is on excal and someone have to be on pryd too.. since Nandan is on pryd. So i think lusse hacked the server and transferred his US to pryd and talked to Nandan, ofc this is after he got the pass back and could talk to Nandan, so now lusse have 2us and 2eu's i reckon, which sums up in a lot of chars to control which possibly is the reason for him beeing so unclear about all this.

makes perfect sense to me at least ;)

Yeah and i want to agree just to disagree with you :p

< what a load of gibberish > To be honest Lusse make another post and try to explain it all clearer please... this is too hard for my Saracen brain to comprehend <you know too much sun can adffect your thinking process, or was it kebab >

O

Ozwaldo

In this case, it is about a person beeing nothing more but a simple common thief... Not acceptable and i have no prob with it beeing posted here. It ensures nobody else will fall for this bastards lies.

The problem with posting here is where is Nandans version of events.

Its so easy to write a quick thread saying Joe Bloggs is a nasty person and everyone should hate him, but I feel it is a nasty way to go about things, if the person involved is so bad then let people decide for themselves.

As of Nandan I've always got on well with him

Maybe Nandan bought the account of you, realised it was illegal so closed the account like you said. Which would make you the unlawful one and Nandan the good samaritan. That last comment was just to show how a situation can be changed round very quicky.

Im not having a go at you but one day this could happen to anyone who plays the game and some people like myself have put alot of hours into their Chars, and I'm not happy to sit here and let this happen to anyone in the realm unless it can be proven that they are guilty of the allegation.

L

Lusse

hehe... i think im being a tad fuzzy on this one. Let me try once again.

I've owned three daoc accounts. Two europeans and one american. Now, I was planning on quitting daoc so I started to try and sell my accounts (which can be seen on excalibur board side where i made a post about me quitting).

Nandan made a post on albion asking to buy a firewiz cause he knew some people IRL on alb/exc. So I contacted him and we had a few laughs and he bought the account. Fair and square. He enjoyed it and we kept intouch trough ICQ.

Then I decide to stop playing daoc for the summer and maybe for ever. So I ask him if he wants to buy my paladin account. He says then gimpadin... pfft no ;) So then I ask if he wants to buy an US account for the same price + 1 quid than the firewiz account.

He says oki, made a few jokes about how i ruin his life with giving him an US account cause he will then play a lot again. Again, we have a few laughs. I gaved him the account trusting that he would pay monday as he promised me too. And the rest you know, he didnt pay and started to ignore me.

He DID gave it back so Im ok with it. I dont like and wont respect his decision to ignore me. When I simply asked him WHY he did ignore me, he replyed "I honestly dont know".

He might have had a bad period in his life. I got my account back and he even had made a new char up to lvl 31 on mordred. I still dislike what he did but he did justify for his actions by at least giving it back.

I still like nandan as a player as we had a few laughs and all. But I dont trust him to do a similar thing ever again.

I hope i was more clear this time and Im sorry if people think that this post doesnt belong here. But as Shike said, I people to know that he is not a trustable person when it comes to buy/selling items trough the net.

Oh yes.. and one more thing. I dont see why his account should be closed. The firewiz account (that actually doesnt have a firewiz anymore since he just played around with it and created some other chars on hib and on mid later on) would be the one that should be closed if any. His own account was never sold/bought nor borrowed to anyone else and therefor no reason to close it.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Ozwaldo
Its so easy to write a quick thread saying Joe Bloggs is a nasty person...

Joe Bloggs? Isn't that copyright? What server/realm does he play?

:m00:

-G

B

Brannor McThife

<wanders off topic again>

I wonder how many cows we have on these forums...?

-G

S

Shike

OZ, i know what u mean mate...

reasons for why i think it was right to post here.

as Lusse said, Nandan ignored him when he tried to make contact.

I know Lusse IRL, he is my neighbour, and Imo Lusse is a nice mature person.

Lusse contacted me ingame and asked about Nandan, I didnt know why, but i dont know Nandan and said so. I see that as if Lusse really tried to check up on things before he posted. It wasnt a sudden post grabbed out of the air.

By posting such a thing based on nothing, you effectively ruin yer own name if it comes out that Nandan havent done anything, I am sure Lusse know this. Lusse uses Lusse in the forums, on IRC and on other places too. Why would he be so stupid that he risk all that?

I am sure there is evidence in the form of ICQhistory and such to prove all this. I can easily hop over to him and look if I want to.

Now, if Lusse had been a sniveling teenager, with no common sense at all, I would have said something different. He isnt, hence.. my post :)

It is good that Nandan have given back the account now.. But i dont trust him a bit. If he places his cards right, this small incident will be forgotten in a while and things return to normal, but he wont be trusted in a long time.

<off to eat some more kebab in the sun>

C

cHodAX

I think lusse was in the right as well even if I disagree with account selling. He sold something he legally owned and was not paid for it, it that situation we would all be pissed off. Saying that Docwolfe has owed me £20 for over a year now when I sent him a SB Live soundcard so maybe I need to phone his mum :p

/joke doccy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread