Mythic getting 2nd thoughts about LA-nerf?

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.Emma
Those 2 things and the fact that mythic kinda messed up in 1.50 when they doubled the style bonus on LA styles have lead to this.. a stupidly over done nurf that doesnt balance anything instead it destroy`s one of the best style lines in mid.

So it was wrong to double the damage in 1.50, and then wrong again to bring it back down (to still higher than pre-1.50 damage) ?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Addlcove
lets try and guess who has 2 LA users :p

besides krypt quit (thank god) so I don´t really see how what character he USED to play has gotten anything to do with this

Weird enough but Krypt has a point there.

What is yours?

G

Gekul

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
Considering you didnt read the whole of thsi thread: Fuck off.
The rest of the thread doesn't add any validity to your argument you muppet :p

(It's technology equals might btw)

S

scarffs

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
That was the general idea but Mythic have been fixing this and balancing that and the end result is that everything is totally fuggered up.

At the moment most classes are in trouble from assassins, especially any tank class that comes up against a SB. Casters are a joke in RvR and tanks have very little to fear from them. Zerkers will still hit hard after the patch but a tank getting hit for 1200+ w/crit is a bit much I think. I would have to PBAOE someone twice/thrice just to get the same damage that a zerker gets in one hit. :(

Ah well...a 1000 mythic programmers given a 1000 nerf bats and infinite time will eventually produce a balanced game.

1200 damage with crit ? The zerk figures are getting higher every post !
A zerk sometimes hits for 600-700 i think ( when i hear the wow, i hit for xx in group its that number range ) and i even got hit by an arms or pally with one-hander for 798, so what , nerf them also ?
Three pbaoe's to get 1200dam off when you crit ?
Man, get your act together, compare whats comparable.
A pbaoe is ae, did you know that ? This means you can hit several enemies, like 2 fg at once...
But if you say pbae, you're a chanter, and a chanter that cries nerf should burn in hell. No cheese as bad as an enchanter.
(Tiny possibility that you're or a ice wiz, then i apologize for the last bit )

S

scarffs

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
Considering you didnt read the whole of thsi thread: Fuck off.

1. Fuck off yerself asshole
2. The thread said you quit daoc, which is good. Now go annoy people on the planetside forum.
3. Fuck off

P

Pin

Originally posted by scarffs

seeing as though he plays alb/exc and has the ice wizz in his sig, I'd say it was slightly higher than a 'tiny possibility' :p

(and there are several other classes out there with PBAE than just those 2)

J

Jiggs

A zerk sometimes hits for 600-700 i think ( when i hear the wow, i hit for xx in group its that number range ) and i even got hit by an arms or pally with one-hander for 798, so what , nerf them also ?
Three pbaoe's to get 1200dam off when you crit ?
Man, get your act together, compare whats comparable.
A pbaoe is ae, did you know that ? This means you can hit several enemies, like 2 fg at once...
But if you say pbae, you're a chanter, and a chanter that cries nerf should burn in hell. No cheese as bad as an enchanter.

the difference is

1 2hd swing time is 5+seconds

2 pbt is effective versus 2hd weapons

3 wtf has pbaoe got to do with LA? pbaoe is overated anyway...

zerk can effectively ignore pbt and swings his weapon somewhere between 3 and 4 seconds using the bugged haste effect.

LA users hit too hard END OF STORY, so get over it already :D

O

old.Greggor

How would polearm tanks or CS/LW hero's/champs feel if mythic come along and said your overpowered BAM 40% reduction in your dmg.

Already did there are no spearos left. spears got a stealth nerf they didnt even tell us.

well they thought it didnt matter since no one plays hib

M

Melodic

ohh this is how you spell annoyed ok... not there is no "u" in the word.

/em teaches Emma how to spot a typo.... the u key is next to the y key.

I have known Krypt in game for well over a year and do realise he can't spell to save his life, but even I, as his most critical spelling and grammar coach, can spot that he made a simple error.....

H

healer_mcheal

lol, stop arguing about it and face facts, BUFFBOTS are causing this nerf, if u didnt have them on a zerk, u wouldnt have done stupid dmg, and u wouldnt be getting nerfed, same goes for assasins atm, if u all keep using buffbots, your gonna fk it over for the ones who dont (like me), because they will nerf us, AGAIN!:(

D

deffy

You didn't get hit by a pally with a 1 hander for 798, you didn't even get hit by a 2H pally for that much, and even if you did it would be at 5.4 spd, certainly not zerker speed so stop talking out of your arse and realise it's over powered that zerkers do twice as much dmg as the equivelent class. Yes there supposed to do uber dmg, thats the job of a light tank but the dmg they do at the moment is just plain stupid. Zerkers aren't as uber as they used to be, get over it.

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Fafnir
What about spell damage lots of damage at capped casting speed? Perhaps they should remove 40% of all spell damage while they are at it.

They removed 50%+ of spell damage with spellcrafting and resist buffs + aom etc.

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by healer_mcheal
lol, stop arguing about it and face facts, BUFFBOTS are causing this nerf, if u didnt have them on a zerk, u wouldnt have done stupid dmg, and u wouldnt be getting nerfed, same goes for assasins atm, if u all keep using buffbots, your gonna fk it over for the ones who dont (like me), because they will nerf us, AGAIN!:(

Yeah, having a balanced group with buffs makes you get nerfed :eek:

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by deffy
You didn't get hit by a pally with a 1 hander for 798, you didn't even get hit by a 2H pally for that much, and even if you did it would be at 5.4 spd, certainly not zerker speed so stop talking out of your arse and realise it's over powered that zerkers do twice as much dmg as the equivelent class. Yes there supposed to do uber dmg, thats the job of a light tank but the dmg they do at the moment is just plain stupid. Zerkers aren't as uber as they used to be, get over it.

LOL WTF you comparing zerkers to paladins ??? some one stuff this dude back in his padded cell plzzz

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by Fafnir
What about spell damage lots of damage at capped casting speed? Perhaps they should remove 40% of all spell damage while they are at it.

Zerkers should do amazing damage, thats what zerks do.

when they are doing so much more dmg then casters, then whats the point in rolling casters? and dont give me crap about range, i take cheap ass RAs over range anyday with that insane dmg.

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by Cyradix

An assassin is supposed to do a massive amount of damage in a short time.

<puts on flameproof armor> :D

agreed, he should do alot of dmg during a short period of time, using critical strike. Not runing up to a tank and styling him down. without even using CS.

C

Cybwyn

In reply to topic.

1.62L is out now and it looks pretty much like the whole patch is done and dusted. So no.

J

Jergiot

i think you`ll find the combination of the following overpowered "SOME" zerkers

End Regen
and
Spellcrafting

Spellcrafting i hear you say ?

SC allowed people that wished so to adjust there stats to how they wanted. Now along comes mr.testzerk and finds out that by lowering his quickness his dmg increases yet his swing speed is still fairly decent.

Then all of a sudden we had zerkers running around with 35 qui buffed to the gills twatting people for 500+ dmg a swing.. Then your friendly neighbourhood champion debuffs said zerker only to be on the recieving end of a rather hefty 900dmg style.

Those 2 things and the fact that mythic kinda messed up in 1.50 when they doubled the style bonus on LA styles have lead to this.. a stupidly over done nurf that doesnt balance anything instead it destroy`s one of the best style lines in mid.

How would polearm tanks or CS/LW hero's/champs feel if mythic come along and said your overpowered BAM 40% reduction in your dmg.

they dont need to worry about that. CS/LW/2H/pole or whatever. those are all 2h weapons and swing so slowly. a zerker outdmg them all with a 1h weapon and swing like twice as fast?

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Gekul
The rest of the thread doesn't add any validity to your argument you muppet :p

(It's technology equals might btw)

No thats quite true. But it did tell you I don't play daoc any more so made your statement quiet clearly WRONG.

T

Teh Krypt

1. Fuck off yerself asshole
2. The thread said you quit daoc, which is good. Now go annoy people on the planetside forum.
3. Fuck off

Thank-you whoever you are. You are a goodman indeed, you read the thread unlike my other delightful friend.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Melodic
/em teaches Emma how to spot a typo.... the u key is next to the y key.

I have known Krypt in game for well over a year and do realise he can't spell to save his life, but even I, as his most critical spelling and grammar coach, can spot that he made a simple error.....

:fluffle: :fluffle:

/me hugs Melo, ah, the old times. :(

R

Rudor Dwarf

Originally posted by Jergiot
they dont need to worry about that. CS/LW/2H/pole or whatever. those are all 2h weapons and swing so slowly. a zerker outdmg them all with a 1h weapon and swing like twice as fast?

And its ok when a Friar comes up and do 100 more dmg / swing and 2 times faster then la ?

Had a 1vs1 against a friar he is rr5 or 6 im rr7..
I took him to 50% hp in same time as he did 200% on me, full hp + ip and i went frenzy after i used ip and we both was on 80%...
So i guess a zerker that is made to put out insane dmg shall be outdmg by a "semi" healer and this is pre 1.62...

C

Cybwyn

Just be thankful he wasn't using a 5.5 speed staff.... might have 1 shotted you. ;)

R

Rudor Dwarf

Don't know what staff he use :)..
all i know is that i was hit for ~300 all the time and 2 times between my swings :).

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
actually I'm hoping it's since they've broken bolts again in 1.62K

Armor absorption buffs now factor into Bolt damage

How is that broken again??! At least your bolts will actually hit now. Some people are never happy!

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by Rudor Dwarf
And its ok when a Friar comes up and do 100 more dmg / swing and 2 times faster then la ?

I took him to 50% hp in same time as he did 200% on me, full hp + ip and i went frenzy after i used ip and we both was on 80%...
So i guess a zerker that is made to put out insane dmg shall be outdmg by a "semi" healer and this is pre 1.62...

you are unbuffed then...

R

Rudor Dwarf

Yes i was well nearly had a end regen :)..
But he only had buffs from him self so that is the dmg he does all the time. A friar has the abil to buff him self and other so he will have those buffs "all" the time ..
Yes i know this game aint about 1vs1 fights but the dmg a friar do is close to a zerker if u look how fast they are hitting.
And b4 u start to screem about 1xxx hits those aint that comon..
PLayed a zerker for 1½ year now and have done two hits over 1000 one in 1.50 and one on a bluecon..

And no i wont stop play my zerker in 1.62.
Even if the patch goes live.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Cyradix
/rant mode on

This is still a mmorpg right?

All about a fantasy world where you can play different classes like we used to play in rpg's but now with the online part added??

Lets take a look at some of them :

the assassin : just think about the meaning of the word..... that’s right : he is suppose to sneak up on someone and kill him.

the berserker : he is the guy that goes into a frenzy and hits very very hard

the warrior : all round fighter

the caster : calls upon the forces of nature etc to kill his enemies.

Do I need to go on?? Is everyone missing the "RPG" part??
You play a “class”!!

I know how frustrating it feels to be a caster and to get killed in 5sec by a stealther. Or to be a tank and to get mezzed and nuked by a caster without anything you can do about it.

That is the role of the class!!!

An assassin is supposed to do a massive amount of damage in a short time. Same goes for the berserker. Casters are supposed to smack you around with all kinds of magic stuff.
Warrior/tanks are supposed to be able to take a beating from other tank classes but be a little helpless against casters from a distance!
This is all part of the difference between classes!!

With all the crying for nerfs and the "balancing" going on right now I feel the game is losing the RPG part. Every class is looking more and more the same across the board.

If you like that sort of thing go play quake or something. :p

I'm here to play a mmorpg!! So if I were to pick a class that is called a berserker I would expect it to hit damn hard.
(and no, I don't have a berserker :D )

I ‘m not defending the part about a zerker 2 shotting a tank or something.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that this is a roleplaying game. You play the part of a fantasy character. These characters all have their strength and weaknesses against each other. So please stop crying because someone hits harder then you or something.

Maybe I’m just part of a dying breed that still likes the RPG part…
:(

/rant mode off

<puts on flameproof armor> :D

Some good points here...and as someone who both plays Quake AND does Live Roleplay I know about the balance between classes, believe me...in LRP tanks bitch about casters being able to do them over from a safe distance, and casters bitch about tanks being able to take much more dmg than them and still keep coming. Oh, and healers grumble about being under-appreciated :p.
(And in Quake I think it would be kind of fun to have differences between player models - the PS2 version did in fact introduce an element of that, and it's something I'd have liked to see in the PC version)

IMO DAOC is based around co-operation, not around "let's make every class into uber soloing types". This means that you work with other players, and also means that:

Assassin types SHOULD fall over fast if hit hard - if you can go invisible, in terms of game balance, there should be huge penalties for having that ability. Don't de-cloak then expect to duke it out toe-to-toe with a nine-foot Troll, because frankly in terms of game balance there's no WAY you should be able to.

Berserkers SHOULD do huge dmg but be more vulnerable to dmg than Warriors (who don't go berserk, and therefore - roleplaying-wise - would be keeping better tabs on what dmg they were taking). Warriors don't turn into huge fuckin' bears with a pair of axes, so shouldn't feel too bad about being out-damaged by them.

Casters SHOULD do huge dmg but be weak as kittens physically, that's why they stand at a distance (same goes for healers I guess)!. That's why you stay out of the melee and have some guards...if you don't, then expect to get smeared all over the scenery, fast.

It would IMO be a big shame if the distinctive characteristics of classes (and yes, I understand it's harder to draw the guidelines for hybrid classes) were more and more blurred after each patch, each nerf, as certain players of each class go "WAAAAA! I can't solo red mobs all the time!"...you know what? If you can't solo red mobs all the time? Too fucking bad! They're red for a REASON...that reason being that they're harder than you.

I have a sneaking feeling that the main whiners are those who wants to be able to do everything with one character, and won't be happy until they're allowed to play a stealthed Troll wearing plate armour that can nuke (who will then go "WAAAAA! Someone hit me once in RvR! I should have Evade 8 and be able to fly!"). They should fuck off from anywhere near a RPG and play Duke Nukem in God Mode, so they can compensate for whatever it is they're so obviously lacking...

Bear in mind when you start a character in a class, that that class will have advantages and disadvantages, and that's the way it should be. I have a natural inclination to play tanks, it's just the way I think, so I accept that my Warrior is able to do less dmg than a Berserker but that this is compensated for by being able to take a lot more punishment in a big mosh by having superior armour...if I start a caster, I won't whine about actually (gasp!) getting HIT (shock! horror!) in a melee, because I'm not a melee fighter in that class, and it was my own stupid fault for getting in there in the first place.

To quote a certain pro-wrestler, "Know your role...and shut your mouth!"

Just my two cents' worth.

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by Rudor Dwarf

u cant compare like that, a friar has selfbuffs, dont matter what class he is up against. if they aint buffed they will prolly die.

O

old.Cyric

Originally posted by svartmetall
Casters SHOULD do huge dmg but be weak as kittens physically, that's why they stand at a distance (same goes for healers I guess)!. That's why you stay out of the melee and have some guards...if you don't, then expect to get smeared all over the scenery, fast.

Big problem at the moment is... aside from guard, which is kinda something you assume won't happen, and if it does, its a bonus that you feel all pleased about afterward (hopefully this will change in 1.62)... there's not really any way to protect casters from getting their ass handed to them right in front of you while you swing wildly at their assailant. DAoC tanks can't fulfil their classic roles as meat shields with no collision detection...
I'm not whining or moaning, and I won't be any time soon, cause I'm not so sure what Mythic could do about it without fundamentally rewriting the game engine... and even then, the other slew of problems that collision detection would bring with it is a nightmare...

Originally posted by Jergiot
u cant compare like that, a friar has selfbuffs, dont matter what class he is up against. if they aint buffed they will prolly die.

If they aren't buffed.... they're stupid, and deserve to die....

Most are conc or shouts, and you can keep track of your power based buff time remaining with delve since ages ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom