Mythic getting 2nd thoughts about LA-nerf?

L

Lambsbreed

1.62 Delayed. And Hello, By The Way
from Sanya Thomas
2003-05-27 14:36:14

Hey, everyone. The yellow ball in the sky isn't all it's cracked up to be, so I'm back under my rock. I'm just now wading through two weeks of your love letters and advice, so please, I beg patience for those of you with urgent issues. I missed you!

But the real reason for my post is to let you know that the long awaited 1.62 patch needs a little more waiting - we're still talking with our testers and team leads, and making adjustments. We expect to have it live early next week, and I thank you for your patience and for all the feedback you've sent regarding this patch.

Those love-letters she mentions must be those kind of letters that put them self on instant fire when opened.

Continually adjustment made to the patch might actually believe that LA will remain Useable'ish afterall whenever it goes live.

Alltho what i say is based on 24hours of no-sleep and imaginary wish-thinking :sleeping: :m00: :sleeping:

g'night

O

old.Emma

hehe its not long awaited.. its the feared 1.62 patch that no mid wants ;p

hope they do examine the findings that been posted about how badly this LA nurf affects the class`s its been targetting at.

O

old.Alliandre

No. You see what actually happened is that Mythic didn't use a buffbot when they hit you with the nerf bat. They're making the appropriate adjustments now ;)

T

Teh Krypt

Seriously im geting annouyed at all the newbs who won't play their class because it becomes balanced.

F

Flimgoblin

actually I'm hoping it's since they've broken bolts again in 1.62K or that they're going "hrm maybe we shouldn't just break pbt without fixing the hideous mana cost or giving something else to the classes that have sod all else to do if they spec for pbt"

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
Seriously im geting annouyed at all the newbs who won't play their class because it becomes balanced.

fine for you to say that ofcourse.. the guy that play`s easy the most overpowered caster class in the game.

ohh this is how you spell annoyed ok... not there is no "u" in the word.

A

Apathy

Originally posted by old.Emma
fine for you to say that ofcourse.. the guy that play`s easy the most overpowered caster class in the game.

"plays" doesn't have an apostrophe.

a.

A

Addlcove

lets try and guess who has 2 LA users :p

besides krypt quit (thank god) so I don´t really see how what character he USED to play has gotten anything to do with this

T

Tilda

Originally posted by old.Alliandre
No. You see what actually happened is that Mythic didn't use a buffbot when they hit you with the nerf bat. They're making the appropriate adjustments now ;)

:clap:

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
actually I'm hoping it's since they've broken bolts again in 1.62K or that they're going "hrm maybe we shouldn't just break pbt without fixing the hideous mana cost or giving something else to the classes that have sod all else to do if they spec for pbt"

well they took out the AF factor and changed Absorb to be the factor in determining bolt damage (along with magic resist etc)

thats what i understand from it...

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Addlcove
lets try and guess who has 2 LA users :p

besides krypt quit (thank god) so I don´t really see how what character he USED to play has gotten anything to do with this

:clap:

T

Teh Krypt

Fyi, I don't play daoc any more. To be quite honest, I don't give a fuck if I can spell or not, I don't need you or anyone else to point out if I don't spell correctly.

Edit: Dosnt it say something when you play a 50 zerker, sb and savage?..

N

Ninth Dimension

sorry if I miss understood, but the LA nurf was introduced because of the SB's being too powerful? it's just a shame that the zerkers got hit along the way.

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Apathy
"plays" doesn't have an apostrophe.

a.

You shouldn't remove the apostrophe if you are quoting directly :p

A

Aussie-

the whole zerk population is gathering at US forum atm :D

O

old.Niljindil

Bolts are bugged on pendragon, which is probably why its delayed :p

O

old.tuppe

experience last weekend :)
one freaking scout started shoot our caster in hadrian,
1st who notice him and smile in face press charge, vendo and F8.
after short fight, he was dead.

again smile in face start read my log,
mainhand miss, laxe huge ~100dmg (min crit)
2nd that dam scout evaded
and next he was dead.

who kill this scout? let me guess, casters.

hibs coming thru gate in hmgh.
middle zerk running to hibs, not so many, 1 1/2fg each side.
target one hero, start whack, other middie join party.
suddenly notice one small lurikeen running between our legs, try change target because know what was coming, didnt have enough time! quite fast we 2 look grass and worms.

S

Sarum TheBlack

Originally posted by Jiggs
well they took out the AF factor and changed Absorb to be the factor in determining bolt damage (along with magic resist etc)

The idea was to increase bolt damage to armoured targets (since currently bolts do about 20 damage to people in chain or higher) while not making bolts 1 shot casters every time. I think they are supposed to hit for a bit more than a DD (to counter the fact they hit less often due to the reset timer)

What they actually did was reduce the amount of damage they did to everyone.

I suspect they are trying to fix this.. rather than LA, which hasn't had any changes in the last few forms of this patch. And a good thing too, because bolts are currently crap.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Jiggs

nah they put back IN the AF factor :)

live in 1.61 it's based on AF and full resists.

in 1.62B or something they made it based on AF/2 and resists/2

now it's resists/2... and they've made absorb buffs take effect.

which is an improvement on live, but hardly any of one ;) it still does crap damage to anything other than casters, and the damage on casters is reduced due to the absorb buffs.

So effectively bolts got worse....

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Ninth Dimension
sorry if I miss understood, but the LA nurf was introduced because of the SB's being too powerful? it's just a shame that the zerkers got hit along the way.

no, it was introduced because left axe styles did twice the damage of everything else in the game...

and zerkers were two-shotting plate tanks :)

F

Flimgoblin

Edit: Dosnt it say something when you play a 50 zerker, sb and savage?..

the 50 warrior will be a lot better after this patch...
one, they fix block/parry so that 50 shield 28 parry is actually useful...
two, you don't have to stand next to zerkers going "omg I hit him 3 times for 600 damage!!111 did you swing your axe again yet?"

That and savages are quite scary (on paper, yet to see if that translates to FOTM savages being overpowered and a nerf... hope not)

D

Danya

Originally posted by Ninth Dimension
No, it's because zerkers are too powerful, SBs just got hit on the way. :p

"fine" and "ohh" should have capital letters, "ofcourse" should be two separate words, "easy" should be easily, "not" should be note....
Yes isn't it fun to pick on people's spelling when you have crap spelling and grammar yourself. ;)

D

Damon_D

/em slap's Krypt with a tree sized poisionus fungee

4o-45% dmg reduction aint balanced m8 and you know it..now cut the crap and behave

J

Jiggs

was going to respec to 47rune 26supp

now i'm not so sure :p

also its a bug on pendragon atm where they gave everyone all skill and RA respecs back instead of just a single line one but NO ONE tell them please :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom