Mythic getting 2nd thoughts about LA-nerf?

A

Apathy

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
You shouldn't remove the apostrophe if you are quoting directly :p

Which I wasn't, because if I had been quoting directly then it WOULD have had an apostrophe.

a.

J

Jiggs

pedants, its a fu*king forum

so long as you understand who gives a shit!

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Jiggs
but bolts *should* be missing less?

no they dont

they DO instead get less "your target is in combat, so it missed" which is a derivative of the block/parry bug fix, and the dmg is higher since it now only calculates 50%af and 50%resist, instead of 100/100.

and casttime is 2.5secs :mgwhore:

my rm will be 48rc rest dark, 11 supp

O

old.Alliandre

originally posted by Arnor2
they DO instead get less "your target is in combat, so it missed" which is a derivative of the block/parry bug fix, and the dmg is higher since it now only calculates 50%af and 50%resist, instead of 100/100.

and casttime is 2.5secs

They sound like some nice fixes. It should help in PvE alot to. I might not delete my Wizard :)

F

faderullan

I really dont understand zerks. You will still hit at least as hard as a mercenery AND you have vendo. And mercenery is albions best tankin my opinion. Im very glad that all the "wannabee uber" kids gets a beating because they dont deserve to be that powerful.

That screenshot of the zerk pressing f8 stick doublefrost really fits into the description.

And the story about the Berserker missing and dying. Perhaps you should pick other targets then a hero and then die to a pbae chanter... Best thing i know is when a little kobold or lurikeen come up close to me and try pbae. Saves me the trouble to go to them. They die real quick if you have the right equipment and resists.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Ninth Dimension
sorry if I miss understood, but the LA nurf was introduced because of the SB's being too powerful? it's just a shame that the zerkers got hit along the way.

Your not aware of the insane damage zerkers output too? Is your zerker 0 in everything spec?

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
/em slap's Krypt with a tree sized poisionus fungee

4o-45% dmg reduction aint balanced m8 and you know it..now cut the crap and behave

Its been balanced.

D

Damon_D

Yeah and fish are doing amazing in Tour De France :m00:

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
Your not aware of the insane damage zerkers output too? Is your zerker 0 in everything spec?
What about spell damage lots of damage at capped casting speed? Perhaps they should remove 40% of all spell damage while they are at it.

Zerkers should do amazing damage, thats what zerks do.

X

xplo

Zerkers will still have the best damage output in the game, but now it won't be so high dmg.

C

Cyradix

/rant mode on

This is still a mmorpg right?

All about a fantasy world where you can play different classes like we used to play in rpg's but now with the online part added??

Lets take a look at some of them :

the assassin : just think about the meaning of the word..... that’s right : he is suppose to sneak up on someone and kill him.

the berserker : he is the guy that goes into a frenzy and hits very very hard

the warrior : all round fighter

the caster : calls upon the forces of nature etc to kill his enemies.

Do I need to go on?? Is everyone missing the "RPG" part??
You play a “class”!!

I know how frustrating it feels to be a caster and to get killed in 5sec by a stealther. Or to be a tank and to get mezzed and nuked by a caster without anything you can do about it.

That is the role of the class!!!

An assassin is supposed to do a massive amount of damage in a short time. Same goes for the berserker. Casters are supposed to smack you around with all kinds of magic stuff.
Warrior/tanks are supposed to be able to take a beating from other tank classes but be a little helpless against casters from a distance!
This is all part of the difference between classes!!

With all the crying for nerfs and the "balancing" going on right now I feel the game is losing the RPG part. Every class is looking more and more the same across the board.

If you like that sort of thing go play quake or something. :p

I'm here to play a mmorpg!! So if I were to pick a class that is called a berserker I would expect it to hit damn hard.
(and no, I don't have a berserker :D )

I ‘m not defending the part about a zerker 2 shotting a tank or something.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that this is a roleplaying game. You play the part of a fantasy character. These characters all have their strength and weaknesses against each other. So please stop crying because someone hits harder then you or something.

Maybe I’m just part of a dying breed that still likes the RPG part…
:(

/rant mode off

<puts on flameproof armor> :D

D

Damon_D

couldnt agree more..but most of the peopel who cry NERF !! dont play to RP or even to have fun.. nope they want to be uber and OWNZ peopel.. and if they cant they start to cry and call for the mommy... Wish peopel would just have fun instead...maybe all boards shaould have a no nerf policy..if you whine about a class you get banned..you are in your right to surgest up-grading your own class..but if you call for a nerf you get insta banned.. bet if it had been that from the start , the game would have been twice as fun as it is..Ofcourse there would be an option to report bug's on diff classes, but it would be to Mythic.. and ALL peopel playing this game would have that right..Bahhhh getting long winded here.. and day dreaming.. feek off whiners and " cry nerf noob's "

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by Arnor2
no they dont

and casttime is 2.5secs :mgwhore:

my rm will be 48rc rest dark, 11 supp

interesting stuff!

well i could go to that spec also, but baseline darkness caps with 30% debuff alot of time anyway, but i will investigate this a bit further.

R

Rory4

Hmmm... something that someone said before... savages shouldn't be grouped with the LA style users in Midgard. Though you might see savages running around with 2 axes, they cannot spec in LA. They're dual spec savages using Axe/H2H. Just thought I would clear that up.

R

Rory4

Hmmm... something that someone said before... savages shouldn't be grouped with the LA style users in Midgard. Though you might see savages running around with 2 axes, they cannot spec in LA. They're dual spec savages using Axe/H2H. Just thought I would clear that up.

R

Rory4

R

Rory4

R

Rory4

R

Rory4

Ugh! Sorry about the spammage... had some sort of prb posting.

G

Gekul

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
Seriously im geting annouyed at all the newbs who won't play their class because it becomes balanced.

This would sound stupid coming from anyone, but considering the class you play it's just ridiculous ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Alliandre
They sound like some nice fixes. It should help in PvE alot to. I might not delete my Wizard :)

they removed half of it in 1.62K hence the uproar from the wiz TL :)

F

Flimgoblin

Cyradix - it's nice to have a class with a role..

I'd hate it if everything was the same...

but when you have absolutely no point to a class.. why bother?

Yes I can roleplay the gimp class that can do X and Y, rather than the other class that does X, Y and Z and better....

Admittedly you do get some people whining that Apples are better than Oranges... but generally they're comparing apples to toffee apples... (where's my toffee! although I'd settle for sauce)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by Cyradix
/rant mode on

This is still a mmorpg right?

All about a fantasy world where you can play different classes like we used to play in rpg's but now with the online part added??

Lets take a look at some of them :

the assassin : just think about the meaning of the word..... that’s right : he is suppose to sneak up on someone and kill him.

the berserker : he is the guy that goes into a frenzy and hits very very hard

the warrior : all round fighter

the caster : calls upon the forces of nature etc to kill his enemies.

Do I need to go on?? Is everyone missing the "RPG" part??
You play a “class”!!

I know how frustrating it feels to be a caster and to get killed in 5sec by a stealther. Or to be a tank and to get mezzed and nuked by a caster without anything you can do about it.

That is the role of the class!!!

An assassin is supposed to do a massive amount of damage in a short time. Same goes for the berserker. Casters are supposed to smack you around with all kinds of magic stuff.
Warrior/tanks are supposed to be able to take a beating from other tank classes but be a little helpless against casters from a distance!
This is all part of the difference between classes!!

With all the crying for nerfs and the "balancing" going on right now I feel the game is losing the RPG part. Every class is looking more and more the same across the board.

If you like that sort of thing go play quake or something. :p

I'm here to play a mmorpg!! So if I were to pick a class that is called a berserker I would expect it to hit damn hard.
(and no, I don't have a berserker :D )

I ‘m not defending the part about a zerker 2 shotting a tank or something.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that this is a roleplaying game. You play the part of a fantasy character. These characters all have their strength and weaknesses against each other. So please stop crying because someone hits harder then you or something.

Maybe I’m just part of a dying breed that still likes the RPG part…
:(

/rant mode off

<puts on flameproof armor> :D

That was the general idea but Mythic have been fixing this and balancing that and the end result is that everything is totally fuggered up.

At the moment most classes are in trouble from assassins, especially any tank class that comes up against a SB. Casters are a joke in RvR and tanks have very little to fear from them. Zerkers will still hit hard after the patch but a tank getting hit for 1200+ w/crit is a bit much I think. I would have to PBAOE someone twice/thrice just to get the same damage that a zerker gets in one hit. :(

Ah well...a 1000 mythic programmers given a 1000 nerf bats and infinite time will eventually produce a balanced game.

D

dracus

I think this big nerf cry is funneh...ive seen both friars and 2H savages do the same dmg...and i must be doing something wrong cause no way im 2-hittin tanks :) but then im a fan of high qui ;)

Having played both Hib and Alb i can understand the frustration when being pounded on by a zerk... and yes i agree that they indeed are overpowered..but the current fix is ridiculous. And the reason they come off as overpowered as they do is mostly cause of end regen imo.

And my bet is this game will never be even close to balanced cause everytime mythic 'fix' something they nerf/overpower something else. <See first paragraf>

Oh well :)

/rant off
/em waits for a better game to come along

/Dracus (moonlighting as Pos the zerk)

K

klavrynd

why even bother making another thread, the whiners won, bend over and take it up the ass

O

old.Emma

i think you`ll find the combination of the following overpowered "SOME" zerkers

End Regen
and
Spellcrafting

Spellcrafting i hear you say ?

SC allowed people that wished so to adjust there stats to how they wanted. Now along comes mr.testzerk and finds out that by lowering his quickness his dmg increases yet his swing speed is still fairly decent.

Then all of a sudden we had zerkers running around with 35 qui buffed to the gills twatting people for 500+ dmg a swing.. Then your friendly neighbourhood champion debuffs said zerker only to be on the recieving end of a rather hefty 900dmg style.

Those 2 things and the fact that mythic kinda messed up in 1.50 when they doubled the style bonus on LA styles have lead to this.. a stupidly over done nurf that doesnt balance anything instead it destroy`s one of the best style lines in mid.

How would polearm tanks or CS/LW hero's/champs feel if mythic come along and said your overpowered BAM 40% reduction in your dmg.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Gekul
This would sound stupid coming from anyone, but considering the class you play it's just ridiculous ;)
Considering you didnt read the whole of thsi thread: Fuck off.

S

Spinky

Emma, your argument notwithstanding, is valid and probably true, but if the style damage was doubled, wouldn't halfing it as mythic have done here simply put it back to the same level as it was pre-1.50, where noone complained about the level of damage, not Albs, Hib or the zerks themselves?

Just as a note, I'm not for or against nerfing zerkers, couldn't care less, but that just seems to be the logic to me oO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom