Multi Server Clustering

Multi server stuff

• Total voters

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
Drunken post so abit qq

As we all know that DAoC will and is slowly falling in population, 16 EU servers 2 classic 1 pvp leaving us 13 servers, atm the Eng cluster population isnt too great yet Avalon and the other clusters seem to have nice pop, in a year or so the amount of people leaving the game will increase.
So to keep a steady and nice gameplay should there be some kind of multi server cluster? what i mean is sooon most servers will have like 500 primetime etc or even lower, It would be nice to have char copy so u could move to other servers and keep playing but that i dont think would ever happen.
But what maybe possible is to Cluster the NF Zone's, What i have in mind Is 3 main RvR cluster NF, All servers will still be the same PvE wise etc and housing, but To rvr u have a choice to port too,, hmm lets say Avalon , Dartmoor, Ys.. to Rvr in, ofc it would corse problems with relics and keeps and shit but u think this is a good idea or am i just talking complete bs again?

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
When the game is about to die (and it will sooner or later), i'm quite sure some mass clustering is gonna happen so keep the population playing just a bit longer.

I do think it is possible to merge more servers together...even now...add 1 or 2 servers to the cluster we got already, what harm could it do but to increase the playerbase again.

Of course the producers of the game know very well that they won't keep us occupied for another 5 years...but think 2 or 3 is possible with a large enough playerbase to support it.

That is of course...if they don't shut down servers sooner so they can move the hamsters to run Warhammer servers...

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
mebbe ask xajin, accoring to him all u need to do is put some effort into creating fg rvr and everything is happy happy joy joy

Drusus

Fledgling Freddie
Remember when Excal and Pryd Clustered?
Dont know about you but i thought it was great having so many ppl in RvR, it wasnt tied down to 1 area (like Emain atm), and if uyou were unhappy, you could go elsewhere and still get RvR.
Hopefully they'll cluster again soon, not save it till WO :(

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
cmr said:
Bad idea foad - Stallion

:wanker:
You can say that about me too. :p
EA will take over soon. Hopefully they wont shut DAoC down, but instead spend lots of money on advertising.
If they could somehow make the game more newbie friendly, that would be better. Don't know if that's possible, but we can hope...

Reading on the classic boards is reason enough for me to not wanting to merge with the french.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Zoia said:
EA will take over soon. Hopefully they wont shut DAoC down, but instead spend lots of money on advertising.
If they could somehow make the game more newbie friendly, that would be better. Don't know if that's possible, but we can hope...

Reading on the classic boards is reason enough for me to not wanting to merge with the french.

Yea ... who wants to get into bed with the frogs tbh :p

P.S. Gotta get another bl dumping fight between that hairy Zerker of yours and my furb goin on in next week meight :D

Atm it stands 2/2 for my rr4 ^^

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Punishment said:
Yea ... who wants to get into bed with the frogs tbh :p

P.S. Gotta get another bl dumping fight between that hairy Zerker of yours and my furb goin on in next week meight :D

Atm it stands 2/2 for my rr4 ^^
Not that i have anything against french people, i guess i've just read too much about their zerging on the classic server! :p

Yea, we have to fight again soon. You're harder than most BMs i've met. Even harder than most rr6+ ones. :)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Zoia said:
Not that i have anything against french people, i guess i've just read too much about their zerging on the classic server! :p

Yea, we have to fight again soon. You're harder than most BMs i've met. Even harder than most rr6+ ones. :)

Not harder then my vamp ofc :(

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:

i thought ea wasn't going to interfear with daoc?

however we are on 1.84 and 1.85 is currently being tested... we get about 5 patchs a year... this logic would sugest there will be a daoc 2.0... ie a completly new game... with ea making it, potentually, there will be a HUGE user base... however this will be in 3 years time... or more...

however my maths is flawed... cause 5X5 doesn't = 85>.<

Pohjan Poika

Fledgling Freddie
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
Givf charcopy to US servers ;<

agree, or give access to all servers - so US ppl can select servers on EU and EU can select servers in US with one account, hard to keep several accounts open at once.
something would be nice to get a whole new server, that everyone can char transfer 1 or 2 chars from each account too - both from US and EU (small fee aswell maybe?).

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
I'm also drunk, so i woted good idea! give more people is nice, though i like it already.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
I don't believe people are seriously thinking of this kind of thing yet again. :(

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
cmr said:
Bad idea foad - Stallion

:wanker:

you'r quite cute :fluffle:

trolling the forums in search for my posts! :D

Never really had a stalker! :worthy:

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
i hope they move excal and pry to us and cluster there :D we can still play on our time and custodia cant do nightraids enymore :p couse its primetime in US then :D

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
vote for more cluster tbh. we need more people online. noone cares if the zerg consists of 4 groups or 6 groups. fg´s will be wiped anyway.
but the fg scene and agramon would be more populated

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Clustering kinda sucks, but so does playing on a low population server.

So clustering more servers would probably be the way to go.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
Clustering kinda sucks, but so does playing on a low population server.

So clustering more servers would probably be the way to go.

whats wrong with clustering? :)

stevah

Fledgling Freddie
it's not important if in front y see 6-8-10-15 fg zerg, but if any single server offer 4-5-6 fg for 8v8 4-5-6x 3-4 server and all fg in agramon... = omg i love this idea!

Gibs

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:

I love reading posts from the daoc dreamers. EA wont spend a penny on daoc, its too old and theyre just milking it of whatever life its got left in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom