bring fourth more RPs!

cluster till you cants cluster no more!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I do hope Goa doesn't even start to think about it -.-

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
however we are on 1.84 and 1.85 is currently being tested... we get about 5 patchs a year... this logic would sugest there will be a daoc 2.0... ie a completly new game... with ea making it, potentually, there will be a HUGE user base... however this will be in 3 years time... or more...

mythic is working on daoc II, it`s called WO

oh, and make europe one MASSIVE cluster.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Eeben said:
whats wrong with clustering? :)

Community gets split, people lose the feeling of playing for a realm (I mean, come on, the people you killed 1 hour ago you now play together with etc.) and for some reason clustering servers seem to produce more idiots than normal.

Post Excalibur - Prydwen clustering I felt that the Prydwen community and spirit crumbled and faded away, which was sad, because it was much more relaxed atmosphere there than the one on Excalibur.

Also the possibility of getting clustered with some frogs is frightening!

The sole reason for clustering is that the current populace does not suffice at all. The increase in players and activity is the only positive aspect in my opinion.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
I just wish they would advertise in England/Ireland/Scandinavia tbh.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Asha said:
I just wish they would advertise in England/Ireland/Scandinavia tbh.

Think that train has already left the station. The advertisement of the game has just been generally too weak, and as the game grows older it's probably even more difficult to advertise it. Personally I started this game almost by random, I was in a game store and picked up the DAoC box and recalled reading a little about it. I was pretty desperate to try out something new then so just bought it randomly. The only people in real life I know plays/played DAoC are close friends to me whom I have introduced DAoC to. The majority of the people I've talked about DAoC with have never heard about it at all, which is quite sad.

Games like WoW even people that hardly touch computers have heard about.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
the problem isnt really the population. I mean yes the population is dying but its dying because of the end game.

They need to tweak things so that the game is more viable solo for everyone and also FG RVR is also more viable. This was daoc at its best and what everyone used to love about the game.

Mythics idea to make daoc and IrVr game is actuallys whats killing off the population imo.

Keata

Fledgling Freddie
Gibs said:
I love reading posts from the daoc dreamers. EA wont spend a penny on daoc, its too old and theyre just milking it of whatever life its got left in it.

I agree on EA milking daoc(or every game for that matter). But a lesson to be learned. You wont make a single penny if you dont invest some money first.

As i see it, currently alot of people are getting sick and tired of WoW, endless grind and shitty pvp. Most of those people propably never heard of DAoC. If EA were able to put out some ads, not talking about some big campain, just to make people aware of the game and its quallities, my guess would be that they would attract an amount of people which = more money every month and fresh blood makes people less likely to quit the game.

IMO

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
!!drunk post!!

tho me all saying this and such, it seems the only way out of daoc, its prolly the best game ive ever play, heck it is the best game i know, surely it has to come to a stop tho? with WoW and WaR the population will fall, Goa neeed to start focusing on the possiblitys and the oprionshow to keep the money inc and the best gameplay

Sorin

Banned
Mxn said:
!!drunk post!!

tho me all saying this and such, it seems the only way out of daoc, its prolly the best game ive ever play, heck it is the best game i know, surely it has to come to a stop tho? with WoW and WaR the population will fall, Goa neeed to start focusing on the possiblitys and the oprionshow to keep the money inc and the best gameplay

I agree with that.

What i wonder about is why you are writing:

Mxn said:
!!drunk post!!

Drunk or not, you are still the one who writes.
Skitzo or not, you are still the one who writes.

People can't really tell if you are serious when you write that you are "drunk" first.

Get my point?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
I wish it would be possible to have one insanely huge tournament which includes all the best guilds in their very best periods, from all servers, all realms, all moments in time the past 4-5 years.

*dreams*

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
I wish it would be possible to have one insanely huge tournament which includes all the best guilds in their very best periods, from all servers, all realms, all moments in time the past 4-5 years.

*dreams*
Indeed, more glory for me, mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Ging

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:

*dreams*

Living in the past is bad! The future is where the action is! :)

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Eregion said:
Indeed, more glory for me, mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

You fo to some wow pve-tournament. Most quests finished in 24h wins!

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
the problem isnt really the population. I mean yes the population is dying but its dying because of the end game.

They need to tweak things so that the game is more viable solo for everyone and also FG RVR is also more viable. This was daoc at its best and what everyone used to love about the game.

Mythics idea to make daoc and IrVr game is actuallys whats killing off the population imo.

How can they make fg rvr more viable than agramon? o_O

censi

Can't get enough of FH
u up the RP for kills in a FG by 15% and the same for solo kills.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
FG's don't need more rps, solo rps could be upped though, that'd be a nice idea to encourage soloing, it's hard to determine when to apply the bonus though, I suppose if you're the only one doing damage to the target, and are ungrouped, you could get an extra bonus or smth.

Clustering with a big german server, or just any server for that matter, huge cluster thing, givf!

And also big tournament gogo!

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone who exprienced the 3fg Frenchies on stick, in RvR, on Glasto will realize how quickly a European server will become tired. One thing is certain though, once GOA do a European cluster, DAOC will be in its death throws.

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
semanon said:
Anyone who exprienced the 3fg Frenchies on stick, in RvR, on Glasto will realize how quickly a European server will become tired. One thing is certain though, once GOA do a European cluster, DAOC will be in its death throws.

Once again, the same kind of post I written few times already... This fear of zerg is something I really can't understand. If there is 3fg's of [insert enemy realm here] why can't we/you make our/your 3fg's to whip their zergy asses???

Why can't people make more work together instead of yelling MORE FOR MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Everybody is always ready to comlain "aaaaah he took me lollipop" and always ready to GIVE UP, but nobody is never ready to fight against anything.

4 words: Fooking pussies, stop complaining!

:kissit:

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
It's the localization of servers which makes the clustering so damn hard. I think they (GOA) must do lots of work before they could cluster for example english and german servers.

But IF that would be possible, I sure would give my vote for it. Heck, I'd love to see only one big cluster, which would have frontiers crowded with people. Lot's of places to do arti raids, ML's etc... The list of good points is almost endless.

But thought, there would be negative sides too: dramatic increase to numbers of players running in frontiers might make it a bit chunky :p And can GOA's servers handle over 200players in a single zone doing some RvR???

But I'd go for it. Would be nice :)

Bloody nice, actually :cool:

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
as i said somewhere before:
the bigger the server, the more action in rvr.
sure, the dc zerg will consist of 5 groups instead of 3 groups.
as a zerger, you gonna love it....epic fights and stuff.
main advantage for the 8vs8 community is agramon though, where you don´t fight the usual suspects.
there are more raids, especially dragon raids, which are virtually every 2 days, because there is a demand for such stuff, when more people are online.
i still strongly support the cluster thingy and what i expirienced on avalon so far, the language barrier is smaller then you think.

eble

Fledgling Freddie
with, most of Mythics resources now being used on WAR, what can we have to look forward to?

This is the story of an old MMO EA ran for 2 years: it had about 35,000 subs paying people when closed:

Earth & Beyond Says Goodbye
Starting September 22, 2004, Earth & Beyond will no longer be in service. After an amazing two years of galactic adventure, Electronic Arts has made the decision to close Earth & Beyond in order to focus resources on future games.

Please check your email associated with your Earth & Beyond game account for updates and more information on what this closure means to you. We hope you've enjoyed the game as much as we have and that we'll see you again in another great EA game!

For more information, please visit www.enb.com.

Thank you,
The Earth & Beyond Team

and...

: Now that EARTH AND BEYOND has announced that it will be Sunset what do I do now?
A: If you are currently an active Earth and Beyond subscriber, you will be eligible to receive a free copy of Ultima Online (UO) or The Sims Online (TSO) (INSERT war HERE PERHAPS?)if you are over the age of 13. Similar to EARTH AND BEYOND, these games take place in online persistent state worlds with thriving communities. Both games come with 30-day free trial period. To redeem your copy, please contact us at 1.866.543.5435 (24 hours per day) or 1.512.434.6740 (9:00a to 6:00p Central Time). if you are outside of the United States. Please note that this offer expires on 09/01/04, and your EARTH AND BEYOND account will be closed when you redeem your copy of the free game.

Q: What does "Sunset" mean and how does it relate to EARTH AND BEYOND?
A: The four EARTH AND BEYOND servers (Andromeda, Pegasus, Orion, and Galileo) will continue to operate and will be maintained until 09/22/04. Starting 09/22/04, 12:01 AM GMT, these servers will be disconnected and no players will be able to log into them. Please note that GMT stands for Greenwich Mean Time. Depending on where you are located, 12:01 AM GMT on 09/22/04 might be 09/21/04 in your local area.

Only guessing, but dont be all that confident that becuase you pay monthly subs we are safe.

Anyway a free copy of WAR would be nice in about 12 months :)

all info obtained from :

http://enb.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/

Eble

eble

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Well, EnB was just a bad game in comparison to EVE.

I never played it myself, it was more an example of what EA can do it it wants to, aslong as we get a free copy of WAR and not the sims online were doing great :)

Who knows DAOC could last years yet.

Eble

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
eble said:
I never played it myself, it was more an example of what EA can do it it wants to, aslong as we get a free copy of WAR and not the sims online were doing great :)

Who knows DAOC could last years yet.

Eble

Yeah, I'm not a fan of EA. They ruined every single good studio they bought.

eble

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Yeah, I'm not a fan of EA. They ruined every single good studio they bought.

Mythic wont be no different, once WAR is up and running, you wont hear about it but Mythic will be relocated ( i think thats what EA calls it and that will be that).

If WAr is a major sucess then I guess DAOC will fall, either way the future isn't bright for this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom