Clustering

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I'm not sure if this has been said before as I cannot see it anywhere.

GM's say it cannot be done with English and German or for that matter any of the EU server's being clustered because of the language.

Well, the question is...

How did the EU/DE PvP server get clustered. This has the same language barriers as Dyvet/Temair/Limors etc...

Not sure if anyone has given the answer to this. Maybe its me being old and forgetful.

Sorry in advance.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
They clustered em as a DE Cluster, pretty simple -.-

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not sure if this has been said before as I cannot see it anywhere.

GM's say it cannot be done with English and German or for that matter any of the EU server's being clustered because of the language.

Well, the question is...

How did the EU/DE PvP server get clustered. This has the same language barriers as Dyvet/Temair/Limors etc...

Not sure if anyone has given the answer to this. Maybe its me being old and forgetful.

Sorry in advance.

Was quite simple how they done it.

They made Glastonbury another German server just got rid of all English from Glastonbury and made it all german text.

So for any English speakers that were left on that server it was learn german and then change files if you were stealther classes for keep climbing and also so that you could pay you house up.

At end of day glastonbury just became another german classic server.

Soulja

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
tipical GOA

Beware folks! better learn your german quick cause GOA could soon enforce the german down your throats! :p

(completly disregarding the fact that English is a language far more used then the german....then again GOA never had too much IQ :p :)

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
As i dont remember seeing it posted by any "GOA-official-type-person"can anyone definitely 100% confirm that GOA are restricted by license from Mythic that they HAVE to provide an English speaking server/cluster? I know a few ppl have said this but based on what tho? If it's true (confirmed by GOA/Mythic) then Dyvet is indeed fucked and all teh dead horse flogging in the world will make no difference whatsoever :(

If by any chance its not true then it's simply is a case of cost and resources as we all know clusters CAN be unclustered, languages changed and servers reclustered.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Pretty simple solution and way around the license bollocks would be to cluster Dyvet with the German cluster and then open a new English server, it wouldn't matter if nobody went on it because hundreds of people would re subscribe to go on the DE server with existing toons.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Not gonna happen in a million years.
Would be a great thing to do but it's just too much work for GoA and with WAR inc i dont see them putting down any effort at all for DAoC.

Shotoken

Fledgling Freddie
As i dont remember seeing it posted by any "GOA-official-type-person"can anyone definitely 100% confirm that GOA are restricted by license from Mythic that they HAVE to provide an English speaking server/cluster? I know a few ppl have said this but based on what tho? If it's true (confirmed by GOA/Mythic) then Dyvet is indeed fucked and all teh dead horse flogging in the world will make no difference whatsoever :(

If by any chance its not true then it's simply is a case of cost and resources as we all know clusters CAN be unclustered, languages changed and servers reclustered.

Yup they are I guess, the old Cumbria (yes it does exist rofl) CSR said smth like that 20k times on the forums about the spanish server so must be the same with english cluster. Its sad but cluster not gonna happen.

Mundokar

One of Freddy's beloved
I wish they clustered the goddamn dead horse with Limors so we could run again with our guildgroup :(

I know about 20 accounts that would be reactivated again if they would make this change...

noaim

Fledgling Freddie

Thats what camlann is for. :)

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Beware folks! better learn your german quick cause GOA could soon enforce the german down your throats! :p

(completly disregarding the fact that English is a language far more used then the german....then again GOA never had too much IQ :p :)

In daoc europe it obviously isnt, so its pretty irrelevant which is the bigger in the rest of the world.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Another thread with some good uncomplicated suggestions by the community and we all know GoA will do fuck all.

Sad.

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
Gustav ze german. Hmmm I like the sound of dat. I don't think it would be too much trouble to learn some german if we lose the english part of Dyvet. I don't mind learning some basic german if it means we get some population increases... Oktober fest rulez

Djib

Fledgling Freddie
Yus

Gusseryounoob!!Wherethehellhaveyoubeen....hmmwhywontthissillywebsiteallowmetowritewithSPACES!!????!!?!?!?!??!

liloe

It's my birthday today!
At end of day glastonbury just became another german classic server.

Soulja

...you mean a totally shit, dead server. Now don't anyone dare telling me clustering had nothing to do with it, cause as you might see, the US Classic Server is going fine and same could be said of the German classic alone...

ZukeSB

Fledgling Freddie
Gusseryounoob!!Wherethehellhaveyoubeen....hmmwhywontthissillywebsiteallowmetowritewithSPACES!!????!!?!?!?!??!

Djib ! Gustav !

Went to US servers (Kay) and made a Hunter (Gargleflump), come and join me ! I have a 50 War + Bot too for PL. Having said that the Hunter probably PL's better.

Come along, you know you want to.

Zuke.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
...you mean a totally shit, dead server. Now don't anyone dare telling me clustering had nothing to do with it, cause as you might see, the US Classic Server is going fine and same could be said of the German classic alone...

The server had like 20 people playing before clustering? It was dead to begin with

Djib

Fledgling Freddie
Wheee!!!

Djib ! Gustav !

Went to US servers (Kay) and made a Hunter (Gargleflump), come and join me ! I have a 50 War + Bot too for PL. Having said that the Hunter probably PL's better.

Come along, you know you want to.

Zuke.

Spuke!!! Hey dude!! If u got the means, patience and inclination to PL a n00b like me (and Gus) then I would prob have to pop on and say hi!! Will see if Belx is gonna come out of retirement too :)

Gus...sign up for the Zukester PL session IMO!

Prob try and get on this Sunday pm if poss...message me your mobile number pls Zukey so I can SMS to arrange at our leisure!

SB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom