ML3 RAID - Sunday 20th June, 3pm UK time, Aerus Haven

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Aruwynn said:
kinda confused me there, i'm aruwynn and a sorc
or there must be another aruwyn (single N) i missed :eek7:
OOPS! OK, I admit it... I am crap after all!

Embarrassed Kal==> :twak: <=== Stoopid Kal

hehe... :D Not a problem Aruwynn, will swap you with Holty in group 3, which retains group balance (since they had 3 tanks, now group 2 will still have 2 tanks and group 3 will now have 2 as well) - I am not gonna drop you from the Raid at this short notice.

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
civy said:
BB’s have their place. That’s outside a group doing the odd emergency rez. For a bb to cast anykind of decent heal they have to use large ones. About the same value as a rej clerics normal heal. Can you say aggro magnet. AFK is probably a safer place for a bb to be.

I don't see why if you want to take bb's you dont allow them to join the BG and follow behind. Giving their spots to real clerics.
All good points civy, and ones which I will take on board for future Raids. However, I am not going to start re-organising groups at this late stage for the Raid as my (already extended) 4FG max limit for this Raid is a final one, and I am not going to disappoint people already listed as being down for the Raid. The last thing I want to worry about on Sunday is taking care of ungrouped individual stragglers drawing aggro, lagging or LD'ing. Thanks for the critical input, though, it is appreciated... and valid.

Aruwynn

Fledgling Freddie
even applied twice now that i've checked...
><
such short term memory for me

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Aruwynn said:
><

not sure what you mean... short term memory has never caused me any problems.

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Aruwynn said:
><

not sure what you mean... short term memory has never caused me any problems

;)

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
If this is causing any issues I'm playing both ice wiz and cleric on sunday. Cleric is rejuv specced. Comps are next to each other and I can pbaoe and heal + drop fonts without any major problems. But then again, I'll only be attending cause I love Temple of Twilight so much and can pull out if it's a problem for anyone.

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Graendel said:
If this is causing any issues I'm playing both ice wiz and cleric on sunday. Cleric is rejuv specced. Comps are next to each other and I can pbaoe and heal + drop fonts without any major problems. But then again, I'll only be attending cause I love Temple of Twilight so much and can pull out if it's a problem for anyone.
No issues Graendel - absolutely no one in the Group List I posted should feel bullied into not turning up or feel they have to somehow "justify" their place. In particular, Graendel, I said in an earlier post why I want both your characters there.

In the end, as reasonable as I have tried to be in explaining why the group make-up is as it is, this is my Raid, and I have said who is on it. Anyone who doesn't like it is free to say so and can give their reasons on this forum thread with my blessings, and I will respond in my normal reasonable (and extensive!) fashion.

However, the same individuals have bugger all say in the running of the Raid. This ain't a democracy folks - if you have real issues with my choices feel free to go organise your own Raid. 'Nuff said.

Veldran

Fledgling Freddie
Can I sign up
Veldran - 50 Paladin

And also my RL mate is to lazy to make a FH account

Aroref - 49 Friar

Veldran

Fledgling Freddie
Can I sign up
Veldran - 50 Paladin

And also my RL mate is to lazy to make a FH account

Aroref - 49 Friar

(reserves that is)

Cabilla

Fledgling Freddie
Lo all ,

Paladin lvl 50 ( Guinnevierre ) signing up , although I still need the sword from the Antioos quest , due to a LD dead and reloging back to Aerus :puke:

But As I done the Raid already with my Cabalist, I know we have to past Gorgons to continiue raid and as they drop the sword , I don't think this is a problem for not joining the raid :clap:

So , I see you all on Sunday at the ML3 raid in Aerus , starting point . . .

Cya all there . . .

Sozz for going LD when I was dead , on Thursday

-----------------------
Cabilla lvl 50 Cabalist ( ML5 Stormlord )
Guinnevierre lvl 50 Paladin ( ML2 Battlemaster )
Serenah lvl 50 Minstrel
Spoekie lvl 47 Necromancer
Nightinggle lvl 39 Scout 5 LGM Fletcher )

Tractartus

Fledgling Freddie
Just a suggestion here, and I know its your raid so I understand that what you say goes.

You advertised this here and on your guild forum at the same time, and that it was clear that guild people would get preference. Perhaps advertising it here after you had your guild involved would have made it clearer who might get invited. Especially as some of us don't read your guild forums.

Anyway, good luck and have fun :)

zolty mudcaster

Fledgling Freddie
50 Earth Theu (48 Earth 24 Ice) reporting in, as well as 50 Friar. None will be bots but I will be playing both.

If only room for one toon friar will be the one I join up with most likely :)

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Final Raid Round-up

Considering the number of "want to join" posts since I originally posted the group make-up for Sunday, I thought I had better repost it here. The only slight adjustments here are:
  • Graendel is no longer bringing 2 characters (himself and Himbo). Instead, Himbo's place is being taken by another ML5 rejuv Cleric whose name escapes me as I didn't write it down when Graendel pm'd me in game!

• Holty and Aruwyn have switched groups to maintain tank/caster balance

Can people please make a note of the names of others in their group to make life easier on Sunday please, and remember the bg will be open by invitation only between 2.30pm and 3.00pm. Then, between 3.00pm and 3.15pm I will be inviting reserves to join in - with priority given first to those who are both signed up on this thread and present at Aerus Haven. Please note that there will be no allowance made for anyone who is listed here as a preferred group member here but who joins the bg after 3pm - if you are not in the bg by 3pm, you will have lost your place.

Group Leaders: (listed in bold and underlined) please copy down a list of your group members now try and join the bg and get to Aerus as early as you can on Sunday (at 2.30pm if possible). Then please start inviting your named group members as soon as they start arriving in Aerus on Sunday, tell them to sit close to you in an easily identifiable group, and check that they all have the pre-reqs done (Moughart dead, triton shaman necklace/cobra egg/atlantean sword in inventory). Any missing pre-reqs = disqualification from the Raid. If you can do this, it will make the start of the Raid a LOT smoother.

And before anyone asks on Sunday, I will not be extending this beyond 4FG, so requests of "can I just tag along in the bg and leech" will not, in this case, be accepted.

Group 1:
1) Kalthorine (50 Pally)
2) Azraal (50 reaver)
3) Graendel (50 Ice Wiz)
4) Alyssania (50 Pally)
5) Mauness (50 Rejuv Cleric)
6) The Cleric formerly known as Himbo (50 Rejuv Cleric)
7) Ravensturm (50 Enh Cleric)
8) Heriv (49 Mincer)

Group 2:
1) Nordex (50 Pally)
2) Holty (48 Merc)
3) Illume (50 Wizzy)
4) Amuth (50 Scout)
5) Xiism (50 Necro)
6) Shoalin (50 Friar)
7) Grimtin (50 Rejuv Cleric)
8) Aravia (50 Rejuv Cleric)

Group 3:
1) Darklis (50 Pally)
2) Xenolith (50 Pally)
3) Aruwyn (50 Sorc)
4) Byron (50 Mincer)
5) Tosen (50 Ice wiz)
6) Clericaltwith (50 Rejuv Cleric)
7) Kisaragi (50 Rejuv Cleric)
8) Wibblers (50 Enh Cleric)

Group 4:
1) Ouroboros (50 Friar)
2) Seoman (50 Pally)
3) Mithos (50 Pally)
4) Binks (50 Necro)
5) Tinyfeet (50 Inf)
6) Jenson (50 Rejuv Cleric)
7) Tinybot (50 Enh Cleric)
8) Uncanny (50 Cabby)

====================================================

RAID RULES

I will repeat the following as macros in /bg chat before we set off, but just so people can get a feel for Raid Rules in advance:

1. Each group MUST nominate a group spokesperson [G.S.] (can be Group Leader but doesn't have to be). This person will be expected to provide feedback on demand in terms of group members' encounter credits, lags, LD's etc. Please choose someone who is reliable and who won't be afk often, probably better a caster than a tank, and I will make them a secondary /bg leader before we set off. My group will need to nominate someone other than me, as I want to keep my eye on the big picture rather than be worrying about individual group issues at the same time. I will ask for names of nominated G.S.'s after running through these Raid Rules again on Sunday.

2. During explanations, instructions, etc. I WILL turn on /bg listen (i.e. only me and G.S. able to speak). Get used to this, and if you MUST say something please use your G.S. to do so on your behalf. Using say/yell to get my attention won't work as I will have that channel turned off while in /bg listen mode. I will always announce "LISTEN ON" and "LISTEN OFF" as we switch between /bg listen modes.

3. No spam in bg during encounters please - excessive spam will result in /bg listen mode during encounters as well, which I would rather not do. Feel free to spam away in group or /say chat, or even start a spam "regular" /cg if you like. In between encounters, bg banter is fine... and usually most welcome :)

4. Regarding lags and LDs - please yell as soon as you lag or get lost, and it is your G.S.'s responsibility to let me know ASAP. Similarly, if anyone LDs we will wait for a maximum of 5 minutes for a relog before we move on. If it takes you longer than that to relog, I cannot make any promises that we will be able to come back for you.

5. I will nominate a BG Treasurer during the Raid for all loot drops, RoG or otherwise - if I forget to reset treasurer when we zone, make sure you pass treasure items to them ASAP. All unique quest/ML encounter items and remains must be passed to me for safe keeping.

6. AFK without warning or good reason, or excessive afk generally, will not be tolerated. Anyone found guilty of this will be warned once, then any repeat will result in summary ejection from the battlegroup and Raid, with no exceptions.

7. Finally, and most importantly, LISTEN TO INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE EACH ENCOUNTER, even if you think you already know what to do. If anyone clearly hasn't been listening (e.g. clearly sticking to a MoB when told not to, or using AoE when it has been strictly mentioned as forbidden, etc.) then that culprit will be given ONE warning. If he/she messes up again then he/she will be ejected from the battlegroup and the Raid.

OK, those are the rules... if anyone disagrees with any of them, feel free to drop out of the Raid with no hard feelings or recriminations.

============================================

LOTTO RULES

Again, these will be repeated after the Raid so don't worry about taking it all in now I have two qbars full of Raid Rules and Lotto Rules macros :)

1. Lotto will take place in Aerus Haven after the Raid. To begin with, everyone must SIT away from me at the edge of the stone platform /bg listen mode will then be engaged.

2. Items will be divided into five categories: Remains/Unique items (inc. respec stones and unique ML "boss" drops), artifact scrolls, jewellery/cloak drops, armour/shield drops, weapon drops. I will start with a quick summary delve list of ALL items gained.

3. As we reach each category in turn, starting with statics/remains, I will then list/delve each item in that category again, and ask everyone interested in one or more of those items to stand close to me. DO NOT /RANDOM 100 UNTIL I SAY. Also, you are only allowed to roll for characters on this Raid only - no alts at this stage.

4. When I say "Roll now", all standing next to me do /random 100. These rolls will be examined and an order of success determined in reverse order (ties of course will be broken with another /random 100 roll as necessary). Starting with the highest score, each person picks one item from the category (I will list them again if needed).

5. Once you have an item, then you are finished for the entire lotto (including other categories). If, however, you have rolled but there are no items left that you want in that category when it gets to your turn, you can choose to pass... you WILL then be allowed to roll AGAIN in another category.

6. The above steps are repeated for the other different categories in order (scrolls, jewels/cloaks, armour/shields, weapons). If anyone has to leave the lotto early, they may nominate another person to roll on their behalf - but must make me aware of this in advance please.

7. Once everyone has had a chance to roll for at least one item, and all categories have been finished with, then any remaining items will be rolled for on a FFA (Free For All) basis - i.e. anyone can roll even if they have already received an item, and items can also be claimed for alts.

8. WARNING: ANYONE found cheating OR rolling for an item then immediately trying to sell it to another Raid member (as opposed to someone making them a genuine offer, which is acceptable), will not only be ejected from any further part in the lotto, but also banned from any further Raids I organise.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Bahh had hoped you would remember i wanted to join the ML3 raid :/ did the pre-reqs as well :(

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:
Bahh had hoped you would remember i wanted to join the ML3 raid :/ did the pre-reqs as well :(
I did remember Emma, but unfortunately to be fair to everybody (although many think I have not been and are entitled to their opinions on that score) I had to follow my own strict rules of pre-sign up, not first-come-first-served, allocation by group class balance and subsequent random chance, as stated in the original post of the thread and elaborated upon on subsequent posts.

Don't worry though, those pre-reqs won't be wasted... as stated elsewhere on this thread I will be running another ML3 Raid in 2-3 weeks time, and all who have posted on this thread and missed out (including you now :) ) will get preference as far as sign-up is concerned.

You are also welcome to turn up on Sunday on the off-chance that there will be a few no-shows, of course - which if previous Raids are anything to go by is highly likely. ;)

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Revamp of Final group Lists

Darklis has kindly informed me in advance that she will be unable to attend on Sunday, which means that Benjji (who I did promise in an earlier post would get first choice as a reserve due to his being passed over for so many ML3 Raids previously) is now invited to attend. This does mean a re-jig of groups to maintain a semblance of balance, so group leaders please check your group lists again now (people who have been switched are in bold italics, group leaders still in underline bold):

Group 1:
1) Kalthorine (50 Pally)
2) Azraal (50 Reaver)
3) Graendel (50 Ice Wiz)
4) Aruwyn (50 Sorc)
5) Mauness (50 Rejuv Cleric)
6) The Cleric formerly known as Himbo (50 Rejuv Cleric)
7) Ravensturm (50 Enh Cleric)
8) Heriv (49 Mincer)

Group 2:
1) Nordex (50 Pally)
2) Holty (48 Merc)
3) Illume (50 Wizzy)
4) Amuth (50 Scout)
5) Xiism (50 Necro)
6) Shoalin (50 Friar)
7) Grimtin (50 Rejuv Cleric)
8) Aravia (50 Rejuv Cleric)

Group 3:
1) Alyssania (50 Pally)
2) Xenolith (50 Pally)
3) Benjjii (50 Friar)
4) Byron (50 Mincer)
5) Tosen (50 Ice wiz)
6) Clericaltwith (50 Rejuv Cleric)
7) Kisaragi (50 Rejuv Cleric)
8) Wibblers (50 Enh Cleric)

Group 4:
1) Ouroboros (50 Friar)
2) Seoman (50 Pally)
3) Mithos (50 Pally)
4) Binks (50 Necro)
5) Tinyfeet (50 Inf)
7) Tinybot (50 Enh Cleric)
8) Uncanny (50 Cabby)

If anyone else cannot make it, please let me know by signing up to this thread or sending me a pm in advance :)

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
Hehe, so many clerics! Nice to see :)

Where are you guys all hiding when it comes to RvR? ;)

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Cirandi said:
Where are you guys all hiding when it comes to RvR? ;)

Dey is all doin' ma Raids, man! RESPEC' TO DA CLERICS!

er... actually... don't respec the clerics. Stay rejuv plz! ;)

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Thought for the day: Sometimes, be careful what you suggest, as from humble and innocent beginnings...

Kalthorine said:
As the planned ML3 Raid for this Sunday (13th) looks like it will have to be cancelled, I hope people don't mind my sticking my nose in and suggesting that I organise a replacement Raid for SUNDAY 20th JUNE...
...considering what has happened to this thread since, I would just like to say: "OH MY GOD I HAVE CREATED A MONSTER!!!" hehe... :D

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
I have to whine a bit .. dont got any cheese tho

Group 4:
1) Ouroboros (50 Friar)
2) Seoman (50 Pally)
3) Mithos (50 Pally)
4) Binks (50 Necro)
5) Tinyfeet (50 Inf)<----
7) Tinybot (50 Enh Cleric) <----
8) Uncanny (50 Cabby)

Your taking in a guy and his buffbot instead of two real players :(

(Guess im just jealux (sp?) ;) ... )

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Cruhar said:
I have to whine a bit .. dont got any cheese tho

Your taking in a guy and his buffbot instead of two real players :(

(Guess im just jealux (sp?) ;) ... )
No... just misinformed :)

Tinyfeet is an Infil who likes playing DaoC with his wife, who plays Tinybot.

Talitha

Fledgling Freddie
Guess I can always hope a cleric doesn't show up ;) Will be there on sunday hoping I finally get this done.

Gorryk

Fledgling Freddie
<cries> where do all these clerics keep surfacing from.. Only need ml3 and ml5 done now and both raids have dropped me :( Do I smell funny or something?

Oh well.. If you plan on running ml5 anytime or redoing ml3 I'm signing up now!

Gorryk - 50 Servant Necro
Goryk - 50 Slash inf
Xanthraa - 50 Rejuv Cleric

Arbaal

Fledgling Freddie
Kalthorine said:
Don't worry though, those pre-reqs won't be wasted... as stated elsewhere on this thread I will be running another ML3 Raid in 2-3 weeks time, and all who have posted on this thread and missed out (including you now :) ) will get preference as far as sign-up is concerned.

Signing for that, wasn't selected this time. :(

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
can't i just tag along together with a minstrel?

all parts of ML3 are "This works for battlegroups."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom