Missing Classes

O

old.LandShark

The reason it stings so much Fingoniel, is that minstrel having only 1.5x spec points, has to sacrifice a lot for stealth. I'm not going to argue that ghetto stealth is better than no stealth at all, but I still don't see why my 35 stealth spec (base; then consider the resist/stat sacrifices i have to make to get +11stealth from items for it to be effective) should be negated by a level5 with R1L8. As Dannyn and I have said repeatedly, we don't mind a level 50 assassin having a better chance to see us, but NOT a level 5 with 8 RP pts. that's my beef with S.H, that and only that. A scout/minstrel with 50stealth didn't suffer any kind of detection penalty against an assassin who had the detect hidden ability and 50stealth, and that was probably a bad balancing situation. But a cheap, non-playerLevel-affected realm ability was NOT the right solution.

D

Danya

Eynar, clerics get insta PBAE mez and castable stun, minstrel is the only albion with any other insta spells. Midgard gets thane, skald, healer. Hibernia gets champ, bard, NS, (and soon druid and warden).

"what chances do enemy tanks have against you normally? casters? etc.? I'm curious"
Depends on the particular classes. One vs one, I can't take warriors and heros at all normally, champs are touch and go - celts are particularly hard, thanes are doable if they can't slam, skalds are a definite no-no, BM are doable, zerks are not. In general there's always a fair chance of loosing to a tank as minstrel.
Casters I can almost always kill one on one, hibs have low hp and mids can't stun. :p
Primary healer classes are tough (due to instas), secondary healers (inc. bards) are generally pretty easy though.

One thing which minstrels (and skalds) have is that they can almost always escape a one on one fight, unless they other person is significantly higher con. Since they don't die as much people think this makes them uber... here's a tip though - you get no RPs for running away. :p

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.LandShark
The reason it stings so much Fingoniel, is that minstrel having only 1.5x spec points, has to sacrifice a lot for stealth. I'm not going to argue that ghetto stealth is better than no stealth at all, but I still don't see why my 35 stealth spec (base; then consider the resist/stat sacrifices i have to make to get +11stealth from items for it to be effective) should be negated by a level5 with R1L8. As Dannyn and I have said repeatedly, we don't mind a level 50 assassin having a better chance to see us, but NOT a level 5 with 8 RP pts. that's my beef with S.H, that and only that. A scout/minstrel with 50stealth didn't suffer any kind of detection penalty against an assassin who had the detect hidden ability and 50stealth, and that was probably a bad balancing situation. But a cheap, non-playerLevel-affected realm ability was NOT the right solution.

OK, I'll give you that :)

Anyone got any statistics on the number of low level twinks running around with this ability? unless you're using cheat-programs that ring bells whenever see hidden finds something you'll need to be actively playing that character...

Then again everyone and their dog has an assassin alt these days... so I guess they ain't that rare...

(that said it means one less lvl 50 other-class in the group, so your friends will splat them for you... not that it's any consolation)

F

Flimgoblin

If it helps you forget your slaughtered stealth skill... you can always get speed of sound and run around while mezzed ;)

O

old.LandShark

provided we turn it on before the mezz hits us, and even then after the 30secs of SoS expires the mezz lands.
You start SoS and a millisecond later someone lands a 1min mezz on you, 30secs later you get mezzed for 30secs (the rest of the mezz)
Also while in SoS you can't actually fight, caster, use instas etc etc...
Not saying it's not a good skill, for 10RA pts also, but it's nothing uber :)

C

censi

its bolaks that alb get 12 classes hib get 11 and mid get 10....

There is no justification for giving one realm more classes than another........

Thats just bolaks......

double bolaks infact.

supposed to be balanced FFS.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.LandShark
provided we turn it on before the mezz hits us, and even then after the 30secs of SoS expires the mezz lands.
You start SoS and a millisecond later someone lands a 1min mezz on you, 30secs later you get mezzed for 30secs (the rest of the mezz)
Also while in SoS you can't actually fight, caster, use instas etc etc...
Not saying it's not a good skill, for 10RA pts also, but it's nothing uber :)

Means you can speed off with your group somewhere safe to go 'zzzzzz' assuming they don't follow you at any reasonable speed... it's a nice RA :) it's not the end of the world to everyone else, but it's nice.

Compare it to 'Void' :) the once every 10m style (Bad) that takes no endurance (good) and does slightly more damage than Amethyst Slash (utterly pointless).

Aka 'Waste of Hotbar Space' :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom