Mincer changes?

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
I see that goa\mythic have totally changed most of the classes (especially casters) in the game lately. But i havent seen a single mincer change, so my question is: Will there be one? Have mythic said anything about mincers in any report, or patchnotes or anything?

Cheers.

Gamah

Banned
mikke said:
I see that goa\mythic have totally changed most of the classes (especially casters) in the game lately. But i havent seen a single mincer change, so my question is: Will there be one? Have mythic said anything about mincers in any report, or patchnotes or anything?

Cheers.

Mythic have said nothing about us at all, but I am hoping they will use the scout love patch to boost strels as well by giving us spec shield and the shield changes.

Minstrels are seriously outdated and underpowered and I hope it's not to long before we get some love.

Changes I would like to see are

Small DPS/WS Increase
Shield Spec
Stealth reveiw
Not making us so dependednt on timers.

But I am sure what we will get is an end regen song (woo!) and maybe some more defence like resistence chants ;/

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
But I am sure what we will get is an end regen song

isn't that slightly useless? cause you wont be able to use it yourself...

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Mythic have said nothing about us at all, but I am hoping they will use the scout love patch to boost strels as well by giving us spec shield and the shield changes.

Minstrels are seriously outdated and underpowered and I hope it's not to long before we get some love.

Changes I would like to see are

Small DPS/WS Increase
Shield Spec
Stealth reveiw
Not making us so dependednt on timers.

But I am sure what we will get is an end regen song (woo!) and maybe some more defence like resistence chants ;/

I totally agree to the fact that mincers are uber dependent on timers or\and luck to win a fight.. But i dont think we should get a shield spec because we dont have enough specpoints to use if we should have 50 instruments and some kind of decent melee damage.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Sheild spec to a class with insta stun? Anyone else think thats a bad idea?

Wasnt climb walls, pulsing alblative, safefall etc enough?

Keitan

Banned
lol minstrels dont need love... skald maybe needs dps increase a small amount but minstrels totally own..
Aoe mezz
Demezz
Aoe amnezia
2x dd
1x stun
Speed
Health
Regen
Abla

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:
I totally agree to the fact that mincers are uber dependent on timers or\and luck to win a fight.. But i dont think we should get a shield spec because we dont have enough specpoints to use if we should have 50 instruments and some kind of decent melee damage.

they would have to increase the spec points per level...

either 2 or 2.5(currently 1.5)

and something doesn't seem right about that... no doubt mythic will do it, and then get complaint after complaint, that now there over powered, leading them to increase every other class's dmg + spec points

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
Isnt cast stun on a different timer to melee stun?
All stuns share the same immunity timer.

Music classes were going to be looked at at the end of summer-2006.
Maybe they ment 2007. :p

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Funny how Minstrels have been whining for Duel Wield for ages.

Now shield is changed, and it's suddenly spec shield they want.

But sure... give the class spec shield and remove their stealth spec. Sounds fine.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
All stuns share the same immunity timer.

Music classes were going to be looked at at the end of summer-2006.
Maybe they ment 2007. :p

working as intended!:p

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Keitan said:
lol minstrels dont need love... skald maybe needs dps increase a small amount but minstrels totally own..
Aoe mezz
Demezz
Aoe amnezia
2x dd
1x stun
Speed
Health
Regen
Abla
Aoe mezz - useless
Demezz - lol
Aoe amnezia - Er were did you get that thats BARDS not minstrels
2x dd - Our only real source of dmg and the same dmg and timer as a skalds
1x stun - purge anyone? not to mention its duration is reduced by resists
Speed - Skalds get that and with the caster speed love.....
Health - ? Mincer HP SUCKS to high heaven
Regen - what? how is that any real use in combat? (oh and skalds is better)
Abla - Skalds also get and we really need that to survive

On a one on one fight and when it comes to killing things in general Skald does more damage, has more hp, more defence and will stand a better chance to win, tho i did manage to kill one or two on a free shard

A mincers only real redemming points is the shitty stealth and the pet

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Keitan said:
Aoe mezz
Demezz
Aoe amnezia
2x dd
1x stun
Speed
Health
Regen
Abla

Aoe mezz - on 5 sec casttime = totally useless tbh
demess - How is this good in a 1v1 fight?
Aoe Amnezia - bards have this, not mincers
2x dd - on 15 sec recast timer, dealing 150-200 dmg if not ressisted
1x stun - purge\cb\charge\determination etc? = owned
Speed - skalds have better speed, and insta mess :O
Health - I have 2200 hp on my briton mincer with 400 hp\97con from template.. that is not much
Regen - lol?
abla - absorbs 70 melee damage taken every 10 sec? i dont see how this is OP..

+ the mincer melee damage is totally useless! How can you say that skalds need a dps boost when they can use 2handed swords and can be stlong trolls? and mincers can only use 1h and small shields... get a clue plx

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Minstrels don't actually deserve any improvement, they have far too many abilities as it is. Fact is this is a grouping game and people aren't encouraged to solo anymore.

You cant bitch about stun being easily negated then point out that skalds have insta mez which is breakable in addition to being easily negated.

Giving Minstrels the Skald DPS would be insane on a class with stealth and insta-stun. the idea of giving minstrels shield spec when skalds have been refused it is.. lol

Honestly stop taking the drugs chaps. If anything the minstrel needs to have abilities removed and then we can start talking about improving them.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
Minstrels don't actually deserve any improvement, they have far too many abilities as it is. Fact is this is a grouping game and people aren't encouraged to solo anymore.

arn't or shouldn't?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
arn't or shouldn't?
It's fairly obvious with LOTM that Mythic don't want soloers anymore. It's zergy and what's worse it's actually badly modelled/textured so even if there was nobody logged in most PCs struggle a little with it. Add 4fg albs, hibs and 2fg mids constantly in and out of the hub and it's a framerate nightmare.

Mythic has also stated that the game is balanced on full version (TOA servers) and for group combat. Hence the friar changes recently which made them god mode on classic servers solo.

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:
Aoe mezz - on 5 sec casttime = totally useless tbh
demess - How is this good in a 1v1 fight?
Aoe Amnezia - bards have this, not mincers
2x dd - on 15 sec recast timer, dealing 150-200 dmg if not ressisted
1x stun - purge\cb\charge\determination etc? = owned
Speed - skalds have better speed, and insta mess :O
Health - I have 2200 hp on my briton mincer with 400 hp\97con from template.. that is not much
Regen - lol?
abla - absorbs 70 melee damage taken every 10 sec? i dont see how this is OP..

+ the mincer melee damage is totally useless! How can you say that skalds need a dps boost when they can use 2handed swords and can be stlong trolls? and mincers can only use 1h and small shields... get a clue plx

First of i totally agree that minstrels (and skalds really) are sorely lacking. Having both crap defense and crap DPS is pretty bad.

But atleast try not to lie....

-Aoe mezz - on 5 sec casttime = totally useless tbh - Agreed
-2x dd - on 15 sec recast timer. - Indeed lacking badly, magnified by people -getting better and better resists, due to new factors.
-1x stun - purge\cb\charge\determination etc? = owned - Charge and Cb just -delays it with 10-15 sec, determination is indeed bad for mincers, really bad
-abla - absorbs 70 melee damage taken every 10 sec? i dont see how this is OP.. - This is outright wrong, it pulses every 6 sec, and you have doubletap to make it work every 4 sec.

IMO minstrels and skald for that sake, should stay special so adding defense is a bad idea imo, however a-

Slight WS increase (50-80)
Higher damage on shouts (20% or so)
10 sec recast on DDs
Make insta stun last 6-7 sec, but make it count as a melee stun
Make Minstrel mezzes affected by dex

Thats it really..

Make the DDs dependable DPS again..
Make the stun less powerfull against the target where it was already good, but make it better against those where its useless.

For skalds i would like to see:

Higher damage on shouts (20% or so)
10 sec recast on DDs
Make a usefull second in anytime chain stun for one of the skald melee lines. 5-7 sec
lower reuse on insta mezz and snare slightly.

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:

Yet many do, especially due to low population

Kami said:
You cant bitch about stun being easily negated then point out that skalds have insta mez which is breakable in addition to being easily negated.

Stun and mezz have different uses, besides the mezz have a longer duration, even in the worst case, barring it being resisted or otherwise outright negated (like any CC can be) Mezz allows the skald to get distance, even vs det4-5 tanks.
THe stun however lasts a whopping 1-2 sec vs someone with det and good resists.

Kami said:
Giving Minstrels the Skald DPS would be insane on a class with stealth and insta-stun. the idea of giving minstrels shield spec when skalds have been refused it is.. lol

Assassin DPS is way higher than Skald DPS, your argument fails. However i dont think giving minstrels skald melee DPS is the right solution either though.
Skalds would gain a stun from shield spec (and defense) minstrel would only gain defense really, cant be hard to see shield would have a bigger impact on skalds..

Kami said:
Honestly stop taking the drugs chaps. If anything the minstrel needs to have abilities removed and then we can start talking about improving them.

Actually minstrels are even worse lacking in a group than solo, the only thing they really still do ok, is grouping with other stealthers..

Minstrels are pretty much the worst class overall in the game, outside of the small niche of stealth groups.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
It's fairly obvious with LOTM that Mythic don't want soloers anymore. It's zergy and what's worse it's actually badly modelled/textured so even if there was nobody logged in most PCs struggle a little with it. Add 4fg albs, hibs and 2fg mids constantly in and out of the hub and it's a framerate nightmare.

Mythic has also stated that the game is balanced on full version (TOA servers) and for group combat. Hence the friar changes recently which made them god mode on classic servers solo.

your forgetting, realm versus realm, not, player versus player

but yeh initially, best game ever, but then the've spoiled it with grafics and lag and constant crappy patch's

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Kami said:

As far as i know you can choose the playstyle you want to, if its solo, duo, or grouping.

Im not saying that skalds are way better then mincers, and that mythic should bring mincers melee dps up to a skalds dps.. and how can you think it would be unfair that mincers get shield spec when skalds alreaddy got a 2h spec?

And btwn, the mincers abillities arent overpowered in anyway - they just have about alot of all over crappy spells imo. I dont want a IWIN button or something silly, but just a little boost. Maybe Evade V, or something like that, so we could compete in the solo stealth wars.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Have to admit, minstrels are not wanted in stealth groups due to low damage. As with groups, why take a minstrel when the extra sorc can do its job and do a hell of a lot of damage?(mezz, speed, power regen)

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
mikke said:
and how can you think it would be unfair that mincers get shield spec when skalds alreaddy got a 2h spec?

we dont have a 2h spec.

I agree that minstrel is possibly even worse off than skald atm (and skald is imo one of the weakest classes in the game), but stealth makes it very hard to add anything to minstrels without destroying whatever balance the stealth-game has.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Thadius said:
Have to admit, minstrels are not wanted in stealth groups due to low damage. As with groups, why take a minstrel when the extra sorc can do its job and do a hell of a lot of damage?(mezz, speed, power regen)

I'd disagree, insta stun, mez & speed along with SoS and AM are very good in a duo.

Note: I do not advocate stealth grouping on an already dying server ;)

Gamah said:
Small DPS/WS Increase
Shield Spec
Stealth reveiw

This is what I would like, nothing less nothing more, just to put us on pair and become less timer dendent.

2.0 spec points, shield spec, 25% higher WS/dmg output. Or instead ( better solution ), give us 2.5 spec pts so we can go 39 slash 42 shield and 50 eff stealth and then you sacrify instruments if ur solo/stealth spec; and you scrap stealth if ur group oriented.

Though history has thaught us to not expect jack shit from the piss poor inbreed TL's/handlers.
:mad:

Vladamir said:
I'd disagree, insta stun, mez & speed along with SoS and AM are very good in a duo.

Note: I do not advocate stealth grouping on an already dying server ;)

Lol, instant stunn, even on a caster it lasts like 3.5 seconds. On a det+stoi tank its under 1 second. Just nice to have a minstrel giving your whole grp stunn immunity xD.

Speed is overrated aswell, end regen3, LW1 and red sorc/theug speed does the job just as well.

I could agree with you on the AM part, then again a caster group is all about positioning and kiting then having a 300 heal every 3 s..........

And SoS on our server with the 30s fucktard speed wardens that are like insta cast and 5k range is quite pointless. [Heard about some changes on US where the speed wards is like 10s DUR and like a 10th of the range we got?!]

All in all minstrels in albion ain't that easy to work into a group, imo.

enkor said:
we dont have a 2h spec.

I agree that minstrel is possibly even worse off than skald atm (and skald is imo one of the weakest classes in the game), but stealth makes it very hard to add anything to minstrels without destroying whatever balance the stealth-game has.

Well in my book skalds are a very powerful class. You played ur skald on camlann so you might have powerful counters to skalds in mid i donno but a skald can go head to head vs any class from hib+alb and come out winning.

A minstrel can't kill any stealther thats on par with them gear and rr wise, it just don't happend.
A minstrel is chancless vs a ranger.
A minstrel can't kill a skald who is equal rr wise and gear wise untill rr10ish when the minstrel can speciaze after getting the "MUST have" shizzle.

Your right though, or I agree, that it is hard to change the minstrel and at the same time not make the stealth game fucked up. I do believe that giving minstrels 2.5 spec pts and add shield spec will inderectly boost minstrels DPS abit and also help them become less dependant on item/ml/ra timers.

Say, 2.5 spec pts, could mean 39 slash ( slight increase in melee dps ) 42 shield, passivly increases minstrel defence alot. [Have in mind battler+malice gets nerfed]. And then the minstrel can choose, either to go high stealth or high ins or medicore in both, say 43 ins ( red spd ) and 18 stealth wich is OK when your hiding from FGs and the like.

------------

Lagas

Fledgling Freddie
Illtar said:
10 sec recast on DDs

have been mythics arguement for many years that bards shouldnt get 2x DD's due to their 5 sec lower timer... so givf bards 2x DD's awell plix...
ohh and givf melee <3 to them aswell so we can see the battlebards out there once again :flame:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom