Mids, Have you really sunk this low?

R

Runolaz

Originally posted by old.Nol
Why should I lighten up Runolaz, should condone what you have done? Think about it logically, as I said in the other post, you believe that Midgard now has something to defend and be proud of, my question is why?

There was no pride in how it was obtained and what will you defend when people come and take it back in the wee hours? Where will your pride be then? You have to sleep. Your victory will be hollow because you won't even have a chance to defend the relics you obtained. You can Bang your chest all you want now...there is no reason for me to go to Odins in primetime to be farmed, when I can sneak in at 6 and take my relics back.

...as I said it is not the end of the world.

This is a game...who gets to set the standards for what pride is...you? As said before we have the full rigth to do whatever we want and having you whine about it actually makes it even more. fun.

We don't bang our chest...that is your words...and yes plz come an claim them back, only gives us an exuse to pay you a wisit again.

btw...this "my relics" BS...you can show it where the sun seldom shines...ffs you sound like little spoiled children.

A

Agreac

got the response I wanted from Urme in the other thread thanks. Seems as if there are some decent, honest mids still left. I'll be moving along now.

He said that just to stop your endless whine mister. Now plz get back to the game and try a RR or something. :p

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by Agreac

Blind? LOL, you're the blind one here, this early RR has done nothing but good for whole RvR. Before it happened, mids were nearly non-existant in whole RvR because we didn't have any relics. Look at the situation now, it's like you'd compare day to a night.

Yeah, because the hibs in anger threw themselves at you, but now that they have stopped to think and realised that they just need to wake up early and come and fetch it back? What then? You have given people the perfect reason to never, ever go to odins, or anywhere besides emain, at primetime. There is no longer a need, unless we all start to work nightshift. FFS, you are being so shortsighted.

O

old.Nol

He said that just to stop your endless whine mister. Now plz get back to the game and try a RR or something. :p

What's the matter, to early for you to put together a coherent suggestion? Go suck your clock.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by Runolaz

...as I said it is not the end of the world.

This is a game...who gets to set the standards for what pride is...you? As said before we have the full rigth to do whatever we want and having you whine about it actually makes it even more. fun.

We don't bang our chest...that is your words...and yes plz come an claim them back, only gives us an exuse to pay you a wisit again.

btw...this "my relics" BS...you can show it where the sun seldom shines...ffs you sound like little spoiled children.
Actually midgard set the standards of honour on this server, when they flamed Albion originally for their early morning raids, you have done a full 180 - nice one.

So what is the point of relics now? We can all go get them whenever we want because midgard was feeling a tad low and playing too many alts. Whoop, lets just zerg emain some more.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - I may sound like a spoiled child, but your mates have acted like spoiled children. You're wrecking the game for everyone because you are too selfish to play according to the gentlemans rules that MIdagard(i.e. you) defined a few months ago.

Banging your chest is what you are doing when you challenge us to come and get it back - a noticeble trait on every relic reference thread.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by Runolaz

Then ffs why whine about loosing two relics...
The whine is not about losing 2 relics, it's about what Midgard's actions may lead to if other realms follow suite.

I simply cannot find this in written anywhere. If this was true the servers would not be open 24/7. The fact that the server IS open 24/7 also makes it possible for Realms with inferior numbers to actually take a relic.
The game promotes realm vs realm, that's what attracted me to it in the first place, the vision of large scale fantastical battles. Ironic that you needed the wee hours of the morning to take relics from the realm with the smallest lvl 50 population.

I don't know what the core aspect of this game is for most people, but relics IMHO is only there to add flavour to the game. The core aspects of this game is the roleplaying aspect and all the people you get to know, and now consider your friends.
Fair enough, I used the wrong words. Relics provide the distinguishing feature of DAoC. They provide the motivation for Realm vs Realm (blind hatred of other realms is fairly obvious for the delusion it is) since no territorial gain is possible (although recently it seems Dun Crauchon is part of Albion :p )
The distinguishing features of a product, ie what sets it apart from it's competitors are generally what's used to sell the product. DAoC's main distinguishing feature is it's Realm vs Realm component, for which Relics form a major motivation. The social aspect is great, but it's available in many, many different forms. As is the roleplaying aspect.
If beeing best at daoc is what drives you, as in you need relics to do that...then I suggest you go play CS.
I'm not sure where you got the impression that being the best at DAoC motivates me. That's a false impression.
And I will never, ever, touch the crap that is counter strike :D
I was good enough at Quake 3 for long enough to realise how meaningless any apparent superiority is.

N

noaim

got the response I wanted from Urme in the other thread thanks. Seems as if there are some decent, honest mids still left. I'll be moving along now.

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41376&goto=lastpost

kthnxbye

PS - I know exactly why you did it, I was just waiting for someone to admit it, instead of vigourousy defending a really crap POV.

Please dont move along, respond to my answer to you first...would like to see a response to it.

O

old.Nol

Re: Re: as requested

Originally posted by noaim

1. True, but maybe those 10 people that do work nightshift and live in different time zones wants to be able to participate, and then you have to put the raid at those time sometimes, not saying this is why we did it, but use your brain to something else than whining and you will figure it.
2. It is more of an activity issue, not a pop issue.
3. Considering we were called stupid for not taking 3, what would people say if we only took 2? Besides, 1 only weakens you, taking 2 of you removes your bonus completly and even strenghtens us.
4. Yeah amazing aint it? Figure this, most people in Emain are albs, you think they will detect their own forces and attack themselves or sound the alarm? DO'H.
5. Dont know who said that, but as far as I know most people claimed we wanted to stop zerging in Emain overall, mostly from out own players, dont think I have seen any posting about us not wanting hibbies in Emain.

1. Please stop pretending that we are stupid, you raided at that time because you knew it would be successfull, stop hiding behind more lame excuses. I am pretty sure that the 10 people working late shift could meet up with the other 10 people working late shift for some rvr, but as previously stated, we both know it is an excuse.

2. Naturally you would see lots of hib activity in emain, because that's part of hibernia. I am sure if yu ask alrindel nicely enough, you can get the exact stats. Point is, Mid has always had a bigger population then hibernia. If some of them left to go to PvP you still outnumber us and destroy us with lvl 50's. Believe it or not, Hibernia is also missing many players to PvP, so that balances out too.

3. That was a reply to the statement that you had to have a relic to prove you were worth it. You require proof that you could do it, nothing more, but instead you had to prove it to yourselves twice, and would have tried a third time but got beaten back. Once again I believe it is a fabrication, you did not need proof, you just wanted relics and were prepared to use any available tactic.

4. 3 FG's of mids pulling at excal is enough to make every alb in emain log, because quite frankly, they have some pride when it comes to defending excal.

5. Don't you see you are putting more people into emain, why should we go get relics now? Your stupid little raid has basically negated the meaning of relics.

N

noaim

Re: Re: Re: as requested

1. Please stop pretending that we are stupid, you raided at that time because you knew it would be successfull, stop hiding behind more lame excuses. I am pretty sure that the 10 people working late shift could meet up with the other 10 people working late shift for some rvr, but as previously stated, we both know it is an excuse.

2. Naturally you would see lots of hib activity in emain, because that's part of hibernia. I am sure if yu ask alrindel nicely enough, you can get the exact stats. Point is, Mid has always had a bigger population then hibernia. If some of them left to go to PvP you still outnumber us and destroy us with lvl 50's. Believe it or not, Hibernia is also missing many players to PvP, so that balances out too.

3. That was a reply to the statement that you had to have a relic to prove you were worth it. You require proof that you could do it, nothing more, but instead you had to prove it to yourselves twice, and would have tried a third time but got beaten back. Once again I believe it is a fabrication, you did not need proof, you just wanted relics and were prepared to use any available tactic.

4. 3 FG's of mids pulling at excal is enough to make every alb in emain log, because quite frankly, they have some pride when it comes to defending excal.

5. Don't you see you are putting more people into emain, why should we go get relics now? Your stupid little raid has basically negated the meaning of relics.

1. You are the ones asking for a reason why we raided late. Of course we did it late becuase chance of success increases alot, but still raiding late is not a guarantee for success, we almost lost to guards due to our rather small force, and if we didnt take keeps we wouldnt have made it. And us taking keeps should have alerted you more, but if you want me to be honest, I think you relied on there still being enough albs in Emain to spot us and kill us, otherwise I really dont see why noone or so few went there, even tho you were few online.

2. I was talking about the inactivity of middies, I dont know how well you know the status over here, but alot of 50´s have alts they play instead, and alot of people have multiple lvl 50´s which makes our numbers look higher than they actually are. I dontk now how it looks in Hibernia on this front, so I wont say anything about it, I will stay at explaining how it is in Midgard.

3. We needed relics, took one, and when the majority of the people online wanted to go for another one aswell, we did, and I am sure you would aswell, but feel free to prove me wrong when/if you raid us back.

4. Last 3-4 raids I have been on we have not been over 60 mids, do you really think we can afford sending 24 of those to Excal? Say we do and get the Albs out of Emain, then how do we get into your relickeep with max 40 people? And you didnt answer to why it was so good of the Albs to get to your relickeep undetected when they are the main threat to detection when going there.

5. Well why should you go get relics when you have all 3 power relics? You sure do have a bigger reason to get em now than you had before. And we are at least putting less mids in Emain I hope, yesterdya we had alot of mids in Odins, which I am sure you noticed.

N

Nice Guy Eddie!

People need to get out more,...

Its a Game,

Fact: why you blameing Midgard, 50 people done the raid, not all of Midgard, so shush.

Most level 50's, i don't see how, most of the level 50's have left for PvP,

Quit whineing Nol, and go get the friggan relics back,

Everyone pays there money, people can do what they see fit.

O

old.Krusha

Actually midgard set the standards of honour on this server, when they flamed Albion originally for their early morning raids, you have done a full 180 - nice one.

That is from when back in the day when we had the manpower to do a Prime time Relic take, Alb on the other hand has superior numbers and shouldnt have any problem what so ever taking a relic at any time, the hibs did it anyway with inferior numbers.. multiple factors was on their side but the fact remains they did it .. good for them .. but Mid atm does not have the number to take on Alb prime time .. not even Hib it seems ... i dont play Hib so i have no idea on the player status over there, so ill let a Hib tell the story ... and to be honest.. the biggest mid advocates for prime time taking has left for camlann anyway ;)

Originally posted by Amadon
The game promotes realm vs realm, that's what attracted me to it in the first place, the vision of large scale fantastical battles.

Large scale Fantastical Battles = Emain zerg?

Didnt think so..... ;)

O

old.Nol

Re: Re: Re: Re: as requested

1. You are the ones asking for a reason why we raided late. Of course we did it late becuase chance of success increases alot, but still raiding late is not a guarantee for success, we almost lost to guards due to our rather small force, and if we didnt take keeps we wouldnt have made it. And us taking keeps should have alerted you more, but if you want me to be honest, I think you relied on there still being enough albs in Emain to spot us and kill us, otherwise I really dont see why noone or so few went there, even tho you were few online.

2. I was talking about the inactivity of middies, I dont know how well you know the status over here, but alot of 50´s have alts they play instead, and alot of people have multiple lvl 50´s which makes our numbers look higher than they actually are. I dontk now how it looks in Hibernia on this front, so I wont say anything about it, I will stay at explaining how it is in Midgard.

3. We needed relics, took one, and when the majority of the people online wanted to go for another one aswell, we did, and I am sure you would aswell, but feel free to prove me wrong when/if you raid us back.

4. Last 3-4 raids I have been on we have not been over 60 mids, do you really think we can afford sending 24 of those to Excal? Say we do and get the Albs out of Emain, then how do we get into your relickeep with max 40 people? And you didnt answer to why it was so good of the Albs to get to your relickeep undetected when they are the main threat to detection when going there.

5. Well why should you go get relics when you have all 3 power relics? You sure do have a bigger reason to get em now than you had before. And we are at least putting less mids in Emain I hope, yesterdya we had alot of mids in Odins, which I am sure you noticed.

1. Not alot, you are pratically guaranteed success, unless you are a complete chopper.
2. So the mentality was - lets cheap shot hibernia to stop people playing alts? There are many other ways you could have done it - like raiding at a decent time.
3. Not true - considering we would have had to have done an early morning raid in the first place.
4. the are basically there to die, once they are dead and your force is through emain they can easily sneak by and join you.
5. Why, we get them, you come back the next morning at 5am - bonus = nothing, correct?

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by Nice Guy Eddie!
People need to get out more,...

Its a Game,

Fact: why you blameing Midgard, 50 people done the raid, not all of Midgard, so shush.

Most level 50's, i don't see how, most of the level 50's have left for PvP,

Quit whineing Nol, and go get the friggan relics back,

Everyone pays there money, people can do what they see fit.

We are blaming midgard for defending the actions of those 50

Get my relics back for what mate? So you can come and get them back at 5am tomorrow? What is the point?

A

Amadon

Originally posted by old.Krusha

Large scale Fantastical Battles = Emain zerg?

Didnt think so..... ;)

I never said it met what it promoted :p

Prime time relic raids are more in mind of what I feel it promoted.. and that's just been pretty much nullified thanks to some Mids :clap:

O

old.Krusha

Originally posted by Amadon

I never said it met what it promoted :p

Prime time relic raids are more in mind of what I feel it promoted.. and that's just been pretty much nullified thanks to some Mids :clap:

i fail to see how a slide show is equivelant toi a LSFB.

and why do ppl still whine about this .. take it back and get it over with, but no you are afraid we will take it back?! whats the point of having relics you can take then.. or keeps?... or explain why the hibs didnt take any str relics.. or alb same with pwr relics (didnt say you didnt try ....)

I say RvR on exc has been nullified long time ago by the Alb zerg ;) (same on prydw almost.. except theres the mid that zerg but in smaller scale ;))

We are blaming midgard for defending the actions of those 50

Get my relics back for what mate? So you can come and get them back at 5am tomorrow? What is the point?

What is the point of your crying?

O

old.Nol

^^^^ rich - another hypocrite.

Pretty sure he can defend himself, he never needed your 0.02 cents worth.

If you have something to say, make sure it's of some value or I wil reply in kind. Don't try and belittle me with your shrapnel posts. At least I have a backbone and a shred of moral character.

I won't let you or your mates sleep on this until you comprehend that this game is about more then you sorry ass kingdom and selfish antics. If some of you had the balls to stand up to your new messiah and tell him what a pratt he is, we might have a chance to salvage this game. If not, I look forward to the onset of Co-op.

S

Spyf

Please stop Nol.

I cant stop laughing now this thread is 10 pages and i cant control my hands and play my alts properly anymore.

Please stop it Nol.

Your kinda pathetic to listen to now.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by Spyf
Please stop Nol.

I cant stop laughing now this thread is 10 pages and i cant control my hands and play my alts properly anymore.

Please stop it Nol.

I think the length of the whine thread is a good measure of the success of a relic raid :clap: :clap: :clap:

O

old.Nol

Please stop Nol.

Please stop it Nol.

You should quit rubbing yourself mate - works wonders for controlling your hands.

Pathetic like early morning raids or pathetic like defending early morning raids?

S

Spyf

Pathetic like keeping whining up for this long instead of accepting the facts:

You <hibs> dont have 3 relics anymore and thats how things is now.

Even If the raid was made in a crap kinda time maybe is right, its still a game about war and in war you take your enemy by surprise even if it is 5 am in the morning.

About the 5 am raid im due to beleive that this cant be done very often since its kinda good work to get 50 high lvl relic ready chars to logg on at 5 am in the morning.

So please accept the facts and use your strength to make a counter raid and get your precious relics back.

Edit:
BTW. I dont defend the raid, just saying that this is a war game and if I could I would do the same as mids.
But since i need sleep to I'd rather that it happen in ''prime time''

Edit 2:
Ok i defend the raid.

O

old.Nol

You don't seem to understand Spyf, it has nothing to do with missing relics. It has to do with setting precidents. Unless this kind of behaviour is rediculed, it will become the norm(like standing in walls). When it does become the norm, what kind of fun will this game be?

As long as people condone it, I will post my contempt.

N

noaim

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: as requested

1. Not alot, you are pratically guaranteed success, unless you are a complete chopper.
2. So the mentality was - lets cheap shot hibernia to stop people playing alts? There are many other ways you could have done it - like raiding at a decent time.
3. Not true - considering we would have had to have done an early morning raid in the first place.
4. the are basically there to die, once they are dead and your force is through emain they can easily sneak by and join you.
5. Why, we get them, you come back the next morning at 5am - bonus = nothing, correct?

You read and understand as you see fit you, all I know is your answers are getting thin and you are just repeating the same old stuff over and over. You base everything on what you think would happen.

Tell me this. How in earth could you raid us more often when we have NO relics, than then we have two of them? Yes, raid US, I dont give a rats ass if you raid the albs, got nothing to do with us.

And no, guarantee is not a success, Tzee already agreed on that the hibs online should have reacted and went to defend, he also gave some reasonable reason to why they didnt, but no matter what, fact is, your laziness did cost you your relics.

Further on, suiciding on albs to get em out of Emain...yeah yeah I am sure you tried it and it works perfect, I bet you are raiding relics in Emain very often.

O

old.Nol

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: as requested

You read and understand as you see fit you, all I know is your answers are getting thin and you are just repeating the same old stuff over and over. You base everything on what you think would happen.

Tell me this. How in earth could you raid us more often when we have NO relics, than then we have two of them? Yes, raid US, I dont give a rats ass if you raid the albs, got nothing to do with us.

And no, guarantee is not a success, Tzee already agreed on that the hibs online should have reacted and went to defend, he also gave some reasonable reason to why they didnt, but no matter what, fact is, your laziness did cost you your relics.

Further on, suiciding on albs to get em out of Emain...yeah yeah I am sure you tried it and it works perfect, I bet you are raiding relics in Emain very often.

My answers are getting thin? Your reasons are melba toast mate. Right at this moment I am trying to stop Hibernia from doing something this entire server would regret a direct consequence to the 50's stupid actions, the same actions your are defending.

Please, you raided because you knew no one would be abe to defend, it was guaranteed success. Dont pretend that it's our fault because we have real lives, your raid was low and cheap.

Do you think I have only got one char on one server, I got more chars then you could possibly imagine across both US and europe, I know exactly how tough it is to get into emain. You used the same tactic I just mentioned, in this raid to pull the albs from emain - by attacking excal first.

N

noaim

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: as requested

My answers are getting thin? Your reasons are melba toast mate. Right at this moment I am trying to stop Hibernia from doing something this entire server would regret a direct consequence to the 50's stupid actions, the same actions your are defending.

Please, you raided because you knew no one would be abe to defend, it was guaranteed success. Dont pretend that it's our fault because we have real lives, your raid was low and cheap.

Do you think I have only got one char on one server, I got more chars then you could possibly imagine across both US and europe, I know exactly how tough it is to get into emain. You used the same tactic I just mentioned, in this raid to pull the albs from emain - by attacking excal first.

LOL! Did we use that tactic? We attacked Excal at 2.30, it was a non planned attack, and I dont think anyone in that attack, or at least VERY few even knew about the attack that were to come on you 4 hours later. And I am sure some of you have real lifes, I dont expect you to live in the game 24/7, but there were 56 people online and most of them didnt do shit to help defend, if they would have done, you would have kept your relics easily. I am not saying it is your fault you lost em, but dont tell me you couldnt defend it. And yes, since you post the same crap in every message, your whining are getting thinner.

Finally, if you have so many accounts, I am sure you have a middie-account aswell. Take a server, put togheter 60 mids, send 24 of them to excal and raid Hibs with the rest and then let the 24 catch up. Tell me if you were successful.

I dont care if Albs are overpopulated on the server where you do it, I dont care if Emain is zerged, and I dont care if hibbies have less than 100 active players.

O

old.Nol

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: as requested

LOL! Did we use that tactic? We attacked Excal at 2.30, it was a non planned attack, and I dont think anyone in that attack, or at least VERY few even knew about the attack that were to come on you 4 hours later. And I am sure some of you have real lifes, I dont expect you to live in the game 24/7, but there were 56 people online and most of them didnt do shit to help defend, if they would have done, you would have kept your relics easily. I am not saying it is your fault you lost em, but dont tell me you couldnt defend it. And yes, since you post the same crap in every message, your whining are getting thinner.

Finally, if you have so many accounts, I am sure you have a middie-account aswell. Take a server, put togheter 60 mids, send 24 of them to excal and raid Hibs with the rest and then let the 24 catch up. Tell me if you were successful.

I dont care if Albs are overpopulated on the server where you do it, I dont care if Emain is zerged, and I dont care if hibbies have less than 100 active players.

And you are posting the same lame reasons that are getting torn apart.

You hit the crux of it "you don't care".

N

noaim

Just put your force of 60 people togheter and show us your almighty tactic.

I stopped caring about you now, you make a fool out of yourself and try to cover up with lame excuses.

"Howcome Wildfire and the albs got through Emain"

Dumbest thing I heard in a long time, and you know it, now you try to cover up with your tactic, that prolly works great with 150-200 people in the force, but just not so well with up to 60 players.

Get it over with, you lost your relics, and the ones you should be pissed at about it is the hibs that were online but didnt go to defend.

S

Strondor_New

woo hoo page 10!
Switches his BW-Moulinex 500 to top speed!

O

old.Nol

Just put your force of 60 people togheter and show us your almighty tactic.

I stopped caring about you now, you make a fool out of yourself and try to cover up with lame excuses.

"Howcome Wildfire and the albs got through Emain"

Dumbest thing I heard in a long time, and you know it, now you try to cover up with your tactic, that prolly works great with 150-200 people in the force, but just not so well with up to 60 players.

Get it over with, you lost your relics, and the ones you should be pissed at about it is the hibs that were online but didnt go to defend.

scales of justice 1 fool vs 50 - there is only one realm making excuses here. TAG!

Once again the trajectory of the point was right above your head, you people need to stand up and admit to being lame hypocrites.

N

noaim

scales of justice 1 fool vs 50 - there is only one realm making excuses here. TAG!

Once again the trajectory of the point was right above your head, you people need to stand up and admit to being lame hypocrites.

I already admitted that a primetime raid would have been much more honorable, but you need to understand that your arguments suck, and that your attempts to recover are just as bad, and finally, that we have the relics now, you dont, there is nothing you can do about here on BW, the only thing you are accomplishing here is making a fool out of yourself in my andm nay others eyes, since you cant answer straight to anything, but have to make excuses for your arguments all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread