Mids Defending Keeps

G

Garh Khartari

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
Bingo! There you have the primary reason. Necros/ bug abuse is a different issue - they aren't why you lost your relics. It was same reason we Albs lost them previously - complacency & not enough people caring.

I doubt we'd have retaken any keeps while you albs were zerging around in our frontier anyway, at least we were unable to do that the last couple of times it happened.

This time however, you stayed in our frontier until 7 am and took our relics from the bunch that had retreated to defend the relic. (whole online Midgard in one keep)

Necro's were a big part of making this possible, and denying it is just silly.

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Garh Khartari
I doubt we'd have retaken any keeps while you albs were zerging around in our frontier anyway, at least we were unable to do that the last couple of times it happened.

This time however, you stayed in our frontier until 7 am and took our relics from the bunch that had retreated to defend the relic. (whole online Midgard in one keep)

Necro's were a big part of making this possible, and denying it is just silly.

Defense isn't just about retaking keeps - its about defending those them in the first place ( we albs know all about the consequences of not defending properly!). First keep fell 8pm we then moved to Blendrake. Not enough defense and so that fell. Then we moved to the next, and the next and so on. I was amazed at Bledmeer - only 3fg of mids tried to come defend it, and they all arrived separately. (That made it easy for us to get wood together later). This is why your keeps fell, and that's why you ended up losing your relics. You don't have to retake keeps that you defend properly in the first place. This isn't gloating - it's an observation. Several of your realm mates have quite correctly pointed this out also. Blaming necros is missing the point - which is why I say that bug abuse is a side issue. It really isn't why you lost your relics on this occasion.

M

Moodyard^_^

I still would like to see albs facing necros in keep defense :|

S

Sluge

Nice cow.. lokks abit like my Dosent ( troll shaman )... but Sluge is an Ulv not a cow :)

G

Garh Khartari

Yeah well I were crafting in Bledmeer when you attacked there, and after getting killed at the lord by a necro I kinda thought, this is too lame.

And went to do something else.
I just wasn't in the mood to face bug exploiters at that time, seeing as I had just gotten home and all.

I really don't think you have any idea how discouraging it is to be standing at the lords room, making a tiny movement, and then getting nuked til you're dead. (and this is what ALL non-albs have been recently)
And frankly, no wonder the mids don't feel like being cannon fodder for an alb zerg several hours in a row

S

sorusi

Originally posted by Jergiot
didnt u delete ur rr5 sorc to go play zerker on mid?

yes cos i got fed up with alb tanks breaking mezz etc..

R

.Raewyn

Originally posted by noaim
You genious!!!

Did you know that when you gets attacked as an SM, your pet automaticlly runs for the attacker? The same thing goes for chanter-pets. However, I doubt the necro pet starts nuking the shit out of people in the middle of a keep for no reason.

And you even comparing the pets makes me wonder what game you are playing.

You genious!!!

Did you know you can set the pet on passive? :rolleyes:

C

Chenuba

And let's us then just assume when the necro target you, you're visible to him/his pet. Then his pet starts to nuke you and you run into the tower/out of sight.
According to you the necro should "stop" his attack as soon as his target was out of sight, not to "cheat" or "abuse" the bug ?.
You gotta be kidding. You know it's a bug in the game that will be fixed and till it's fixed it's not abuse/cheat but an undesired effect on LoS for necro pets, just as the chanterpet issue. Chanters abusing, cheating too then ????

N

noaim

Originally posted by raekwon
Naomoanalot...you have the nerve to call me a moron and you are saying your not whinging...well wot the fuk are you doing then?? you have done nothing but and moan about necro's..you suddenly pop up from some hole and start shouting shite, well go crawl back into it and please find a better insult than moron, go look in your abc book i'm sure you can find summin under the letter C....

Ok, you are THE dumbest moron that ever existed.

I wrote it 3 times. I asked you to read it 5 times. I AM NOT WHINING ABOUT THE RELICS.

Still you didnt get it. I mean come on, 15 times, you didnt get it...add up the few other times I wrote and what do you get...a moron so stupid you cant describe it in words. And thats you.

And bracken, how many albs did you have attacking the keep?
You know, we would need enough to wipe you outside to defend it...cause defending it in the keep is impossible against necros. I know you cant understand how much they do in a keepattack, but it is _impossible_ to defend from the inside.

Go take your cheaters to another game, they are ruining this one.

U

Urme the Legend

Mids > Albs

When 1.60 comes we will see Necromancers confused outside/inside the keep who doesn't know what to do.

So have fun while you can Necros.. and guess you will go and roll an other alt when 1.60 comes.

R

.Raewyn

Ok, you are THE dumbest moron that ever existed.

You are THE biggest whiner that ever existed. :uhoh:

E

etcetra

Originally posted by .Raewyn
You are THE biggest whiner that ever existed. :uhoh:

Nope, that would be Glottis.

And for the one's saying: "Its not cheating" - read again what Noaim sais.

"I do not care what the CoC sais, i say its cheating"

And for the rest of you, someone got owned...
...and it wasnt Noaim :great:

D

deerstalker

Originally posted by mirak_naijmi
Go Aussie :)
I played my friends RC runemaster during both youre and our attack. What i do in a keep that is under attack is; i sit back in the safest corner and Gtaoe every 6 second on the door doing ~100 damage to all being close. They dont really mind and continue hitting the door....exept one class...the necromancer. They get hit by me and therefore gets me as target. This far like any other class...But guess what they can do? In a relic keep sitting behind the 3rd door gtaoeing the first u get hit by a necromancer nukes no matter how far away u run from the first door. Il get back to this later this topic...

You have LOS through the inner keep door, the second door and the outside door to land your GTAOE? Amazing..

So sitting on the stairs inside the tower inside the keep. You can be targeted and damaged by who?
Pally's?
Inify's?
Wizzies?

Hem.. I can see why your so upset about necro's they ballance your little "tactic". How about mythic remove both abilities...

DS

B

bracken_woodman

And bracken, how many albs did you have attacking the keep?
You know, we would need enough to wipe you outside to defend it...cause defending it in the keep is impossible against necros. I know you cant understand how much they do in a keepattack, but it is _impossible_ to defend from the inside.

Go take your cheaters to another game, they are ruining this one.

When we took Bledmeer we actually weren't that many - in fact when we first started attacking we were only 3fg, and as I said the defense that eventually arrived was really very poor. The most we had at Bledmeer was 5-6fg, which in past days mids would have been well capable of beating.

As for you calling necros cheaters, grow up. There is a bug they are using agreed, and yes its not a-good-thing, and the sooner it is fixed the better (as for all pets). But it isn't cheating and tbh your posts are just becoming dull. Listen to some of your more intelligent realm mates as to why the keeps (and ultimately the relics) were lost and stop crying into your beer.

O

old.anubis

As for you calling necros cheaters, grow up. There is a bug they are using agreed, and yes its not a-good-thing, and the sooner it is fixed the better (as for all pets). But it isn't cheating and tbh your posts are just becoming dull. Listen to some of your more intelligent realm mates as to why the keeps (and ultimately the relics) were lost and stop crying into your beer.

when 60 mids inside keep (with pbae and all the stuff) loose to 85 attackers, something wrong here, isn't it? you can call us dumb, unorganised morons, who cannot do shit, but we know just a bit about this game. people died inside the keep (hell, i was nuked by abomination even inside lord room) like rabbits on a farm. and you cannot do anything about it.
i see you're a smart boy, so tell me how to defend against 10 necros?

A

Aussie-

that's what you get for trying to copy albs tactics :D

O

old.anubis

i wasnt referring to renaris, wasnt even there (168 attackers o_O), i was referring to your taking of our keeps on friday. glenlock for example was lost against 85 attackers with more than 60 mids inside.

N

noaim

When we took Bledmeer we actually weren't that many - in fact when we first started attacking we were only 3fg, and as I said the defense that eventually arrived was really very poor. The most we had at Bledmeer was 5-6fg, which in past days mids would have been well capable of beating.

And this was when? When all the mids got tired of being killed by the cheating necros?

3fg, thats about the defense you showed up with in total during the hours we took and held you keeps, and also took the relics when we raided you. But we showed up with that after being killed by cheaters for hours, while that was about ALL your crappy realm managed to field in the same situation.

So stop talking crap and go back and kiss your relics that you got through cheating and that you will lose in 1.60.

T

Tigerius

Just to correct a few facts that have gotten wrong here.

GTAoE has far longer range then Necros, adapt.
Necros do not nuke for 300-500 without crits, try 250 on targets with halfway decent spirit resists.
All pet users have used this for all eternity, there is no actual difference only makebelief ones.
Midgard melee classes always hit me if I lag through door as rambuilder, you know what puzzled me here, why are they camping there so alert in the first place?
This is getting changed in what, 2 weeks, stop whining already. The end is in sight. (oh and start looking for next Alb class to whine about, Minstrel or Sorcerer seem the prime canidates now yeah?)

N

noaim

Originally posted by Tigerius
Just to correct a few facts that have gotten wrong here.

GTAoE has far longer range then Necros, adapt.
Necros do not nuke for 300-500 without crits, try 250 on targets with halfway decent spirit resists.
All pet users have used this for all eternity, there is no actual difference only makebelief ones.
Midgard melee classes always hit me if I lag through door as rambuilder, you know what puzzled me here, why are they camping there so alert in the first place?
This is getting changed in what, 2 weeks, stop whining already. The end is in sight. (oh and start looking for next Alb class to whine about, Minstrel or Sorcerer seem the prime canidates now yeah?)

I dont whine on good classes, I whine on cheaters.

S

skile

Originally posted by sorusi
there are alot of teamplay skill, and other skill factors in daoc..

maybe not when you zerg, but when you move as 1/2fgs.. wich allmost no alb does..

That teamplay is very overestimated. Anyone can do it really, u just need people with a lot of time.

T

Tigerius

I dont whine on good classes, I whine on cheaters.

And you also consider yourself judge jury and executioner when it comes to deciding who cheats. Go figure.

N

noaim

Anyone with common sense would consider it cheating.

Person A nukes Person B through a wall, Person B cant do shit back, Person A is cheating, cause this is not how it is supposed to work.

A bit curious. I am sure alot of people here plays/played counter-strike.

Those people should know that only recently Valve started caring about wallhacks and such.

Do you think using wallhack was ok till Valve said it is not?

B

bracken_woodman

Anyone with common sense would consider it cheating.

Person A nukes Person B through a wall, Person B cant do shit back, Person A is cheating, cause this is not how it is supposed to work.

A bit curious. I am sure alot of people here plays/played counter-strike.

Those people should know that only recently Valve started caring about wallhacks and such.

Do you think using wallhack was ok till Valve said it is not?

Oh dear... you can't see the difference between a hack and a bad bit of programming. Cheating is when you use something OUTSIDE of the rules of the game. Pet situation is a bug that is currently WITHIN the game - albeit an annoying situation for those on the receiving end (as we ALL have been). As Trinilim said... :rolleyes:

N

noaim

Oh dear... you can't see the difference between a hack and a bad bit of programming. Cheating is when you use something OUTSIDE of the rules of the game. Pet situation is a bug that is currently WITHIN the game - albeit an annoying situation for those on the receiving end (as we ALL have been). As Trinilim said... :rolleyes:

I asked: Did you consider wallhack ok as long as Valve didnt say it wasnt?

G

Garh Khartari

lol..
Still comparing pets with necro's are we. :rolleyes:

But yes, according to Mythic & GOA its not cheating. But its a bit of the same as saying its perfectly fine raiding outside of peak hours, because its not against the rules. (I believe its fine, but I know many people think its not)
Necro's nuking through walls is just giving albs that advantage 24/7, in fact its even more of an advantage during peak hours, when theres more lag.

So the problem with necro's not needing LOS is much bigger than night time raids, seeing as its affecting many more, and affecting them much more.

You can't make a rule that applies to every situation that might exist, so in those cases its up to the players themselves to evaluate whether its fair or not.

I say its not fair. And I say its cheating.
You basically feel raped, without chance to fight back.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Garh Khartari
You basically feel raped, without chance to fight back.

Hmm, go play Albion characters who do not have instant aoe mezz, instant aoe stun, instant mezz, castable stun, casting pets (thx to necro we do now) and find out how it feels to have a bunch of elite see hidden using SB's gank you with a group, and then make emotes at you about how good they are...
Also, note how those nice abilities are all in a specline that is actually worth stuff...
So when Albs get a class that can fuck you lot up, you can be sure they use it.
Regards, Glottis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom