Mids/Albs

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
All it comes down to is whether you'd want to go for a pint with someone :drink:

The likes of Belomar, Marc, Favail, heck, even VF are all people I'd quite happily get bladdered with.

The likes of Vinters and Chronictank (assuming their in-game/FH attitude is a fair reflection of their personalities) hmm...I think they would just bore me shitless.

Marc

FH is my second home
Bracken said:
All it comes down to is whether you'd want to go for a pint with someone :drink:

The likes of Belomar, Marc, Favail, heck, even VF are all people I'd quite happily get bladdered with.

The likes of Vinters and Chronictank (assuming their in-game/FH attitude is a fair reflection of their personalities) hmm...I think they would just bore me shitless.

Aye, if in game/fh attitude was a fair indication of rl personalities, god could you imagine going on the lash with em? Fck me, would have more fun poking myself in the eye with a needle.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
That's why I said it wasn't personal. :fluffle:

Certain other fgs often roll over me when solo'ing or duo'ing or on the way to a siege, which gives the impression that for many of the people who claim to want fg vs fg rps> fair fights :)

These are the same groups that camp drop off points at sieges, will run in and bomb people at a siege but not actually bother defending the keep itself.

That's how they like to play, no problem, its the hypocritical whining on here when their fights get 'added' on that bugs me

yeah i agree the hypocracy and doublestandards are quite annoying. could write a really long post about that but im supposed to be packing so i wont :p

you do have to keep in mind its the leader of a grp (for hibs the bard usually) that decides if a soloer will be left alone or not. when i bard for a group i like to leave every soloer/duoer alive unless its a really nasty leecher, but when i play champ or eld i dont make that call even though id prefer to leave them. cant just say a group steamrolls you and everyone is in favor of doing that, always blame the bard :p

edit- nerf smilie limit :<

Belomar

Part of the furniture
The VV said:
so i defend the leet, and mock the casuals, while you defend the casuals and mock the leet. we are both bored at work it seems, but im the bad buy? that makes me a saaaaaaaaaaad :)() panda.

especially since the leet (apparently) are the biggest loosers IRL, and hence you should be the bad guy.
I didn't say "the leet" are losers (far from it), I only said that the dedicated/hardcore players who do not manage to make the transition to a casual playstyle at some point are the ones to pity. I don't consider myself "leet" (of which I am proud), but nor am I a casual player, so I run as much risk of not being able to make that transition as any other dedicated player. Also, I try not to mock people (leet or casual) just for the sake of it, only if they "deserve it" in my own humble opinion. I'm sure I am as much a hypocrite as many others. ;)

(Btw, as for IRC discussions, I'm not online during workdays, but I will be tonight. ;))

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
cant just say a group steamrolls you and everyone is in favor of doing that, always blame the bard :p

Hard when it's (mostly) Mid groups :p

Of course I ask for it playing such an OP class, obviously a fg of rr9-12 are threatened by a solo Sorc :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Hard when it's (mostly) Mid groups :p

Of course I ask for it playing such an OP class, obviously a fg of rr9-12 are threatened by a solo Sorc :)

then blame the pachealer, same thing ;) but i doubt everyone in grp likes to steamroll everything

and well, you say you duo sometimes aswell, if you dont make any mistakes with a sorc + 2nd mage duo, you should be able to keep a group occupied for quite a while. that ofc is unless they charge or have DI up to outskill you!

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Bracken said:

why? because i have to juggle more than 1 ball in my life?
i actually organise my life to get what i want done, be it going out with my mates or getting ml10 since i have scarce time to fit it all in.
Difference between me and you is that i am not selfish enough to leave my in-game friends in the lurch because i "could" go do something i can just as easily do any other day of the week rather than come online to spend a few hrs doing what i said i would.

if fh personalities were anything to go by i would assume most of you just hit puberty and were lashing out at the world

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
i actually organise my life to get what i want done, be it going out with my mates or getting ml10 since i have scarce time to fit it all in.
Difference between me and you is that i am not selfish enough to leave my in-game friends in the lurch because i "could" go do something i can just as easily do any other day of the week rather than come online to spend a few hrs doing what i said i would.

:fluffle:

T

The VV

and 4 marc & bracken, of which i could kill to get a free holiday with (!), i bet you would find me boring, as i find myself pretty boring x)

but at least i know myself *TiHi*

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
and well, you say you duo sometimes aswell, if you dont make any mistakes with a sorc + 2nd mage duo, you should be able to keep a group occupied for quite a while. that ofc is unless they charge or have DI up to outskill you!

I get outskilled by Charging tanks alot :(

Edit: Also get outskilled by insta mezz insta stun too. Maybe I should stick to pve :p

Marc

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:

if fh personalities were anything to go by i would assume most of you just hit puberty and were lashing out at the world

Where does Bracken mention he would leave his ingame mates to do something else?

Calo

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:
Too seriously? No, I'm just bored at work. ;) And I work in a different kind of institution, tyvm, and I do believe I am making a "real difference" in the field I am active. :)Who says I'm casual? I'm merely a defender of casual players. ;) I do use IRC and I do spend oodles of time in-game and I do run in an opted and fixed group, etc, etc. I do try to go without the attitude that goes with it, however. (My IRC nick on QuakeNet is Baldgrim.)

nickname mole would suit u better! ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
I get outskilled by Charging tanks alot :(

Edit: Also get outskilled by insta mezz insta stun too. Maybe I should stick to pve :p

you just know that sooner or later there will be an arti mob making a FH drama about ml9 pets being overpowered :(

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:

No. Because you judge people according to how they prioritise playing a computer game.

Chronictank said:

You organise your life around a computer game and then act like a tosser to others who don't.

Chronictank said:
Difference between me and you is that i am not selfish enough to leave my in-game friends in the lurch because i "could" go do something i can just as easily do any other day of the week rather than come online to spend a few hrs doing what i said i would.?

No. The difference between you and I is that you choose to put the game as a priority. I don't. Amusing that you regard putting real life totally first as "selfish". Funnily enough, I've heard people from non-rvr guilds do the same, which shows an attitude like that isn't about a preference for a style of play, but about an attitude towards life and a perspective on the game.

Chronictank said:

Why? Because I think your attitude stinks and that you would bore me shitless over a pint? I think you need to revisit your theories of human development.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
you just know that sooner or later there will be an arti mob making a FH drama about ml9 pets being overpowered :(

I've got this strange aversion to doing artis or in fact any pve with ML9 pet, I always get my Paladin out and tank em old style. Probably same thing that stops me focus pulling epic mobs and PL'ing chars :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Bracken said:
You organise your life around a computer game and then act like a tosser to others who don't.
Wrong, i organise my life in order to fit what i can into the time i have.

No. The difference between you and I is that you choose to put the game as a priority. I don't. Amusing that you regard putting real life totally first as "selfish". Funnily enough, I've heard people from non-rvr guilds do the same, which shows an attitude like that isn't about a preference for a style of play, but about an attitude towards life and a perspective on the game.
Funnily enough there actually people behind those pixels you see on the screen, you have organised to meet them at x time to do x thing, and not show up. YOU wasted the time they have set aside to do x activity because you decided 10 seconds ago you want to go get pissed down the local.
yes i call that selfish
I am not turning down the offer because of a game, im turning down the offer to go do the same thing i would do any other night because the people i have organised x activity with have gone to the trouble to clear their schedule to be there the same time also.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
I've got this strange aversion to doing artis or in fact any pve with ML9 pet, I always get my Paladin out and tank em old style. Probably same thing that stops me focus pulling epic mobs and PL'ing chars :)

if you leveled and equipped all those characters in your sig with such strong morales, i believe you when you say you're not a casualgamer :eek7:

<hides> :D

i admire it though, but in pve i usually try to be as efficient as possible :p except when it comes to dragonraids, brought a tear to my eye every time he fell to the zerg of shrooms, but i needed the respecs quite bad :<

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
if you leveled and equipped all those characters in your sig with such strong morales, i believe you when you say you're not a casualgamer :eek7:

<hides> :D

Let's see, I've got

Javai ML10 rr6 Paladin
Favail ML10 rr9 Sorc
Mordre ML10 rr4 Scout
Windraven ML10 rr4 Theurg
Katelyn ML10 rr4 cleric
Scorched ML10 rr4 Wizard
Hexie ML6 rr3 Heretic
Katyln ML5 rr3 cleric
Melting ML0 rr3 Wizard
Katya LGM SC'er
Fae LGM Alchemist

Every single one levelled without any PL'ing usually as a duo with me other half (though I did scout + cleric as a duo on my own man was that hard going past 40) though I freely admit to using BB and FoP to make it a bit less dull :)

Of the chars 4 are ToA'd equipment wise, rest I don't play. Discovered I don't like stealth side of game and one cleric and one wizzie is enough for me :p

Definitely not a casual gamer, but I do have full-time job. Luckily my other half is (almost) as addicted as I am so it doesn't cause relationship issues (except for when we scream at each other in rvr - doesn't matter what char I play its my fault when he dies :p)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
you get to spam fh an awful lot during work though? :D im not even near as patient as you are, i like pve at times but that much would drive me mad :p

actually thinking of it, that list is quite scary. considering how much my other half (as you put it, sounds quite nice :p) likes making alts and exping them together the normal way - guess im lucky she doesn't have much free time :D

better hurry to rr12 before that changes

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Wrong, i organise my life in order to fit what i can into the time i have.

And so does everyone else. The difference is that you put the game first, and anyone else who doesn't gets branded like this:

Chronictank said:
Sums up every casual player
It is YOUR fault you dont organise events
it is YOUR GUILD's fault they cant get their act together
I work full time, go uni part time, have active social life but i organise things around my schedule
so that "like minded", people are in the same place at the same time

That's the problem. Your attitude to anyone who doesn't put this game at the top. You think because you have it as a priority in life then so should every other player and guild - and you put down anyone who doesn't.

Chronictank said:
Funnily enough there actually people behind those pixels you see on the screen, you have organised to meet them at x time to do x thing, and not show up. YOU wasted the time they have set aside to do x activity because you decided 10 seconds ago you want to go get pissed down the local.yes i call that selfish

Where the fuck do I say I would do that? If I make an arrangement to be there I will, whether in-game or real life - and if something comes up where I won't be there I let people know in good time.

Like I say, it's not a question of what your life priorities are. It's the attitude towards people who don't share the same priorities as you that stinks. It's that which makes me think you would bore me shitless over a pint - anyone who is up their own arse like that would...

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
I do this time of year :)

lucky :D

well anyways, wish i wasnt packing so i could invade in chronics and brackens argument, this thread is turning way too friendly :(

nerf sorcs ffs!

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
This thread is starting to come across like Coronation Street to be honest.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
well anyways, wish i wasnt packing so i could invade in chronics and brackens argument, this thread is turning way too friendly :(

nerf sorcs ffs!

Was just going to say could you stop talking while I'm trying to interrupt :p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

whats that? :p

and btw, nerf snapshot ffs, i couldnt kite!1111111 :p

edit, sorry bracken :( every time i walk across my room to get another box of stuff to sort out i pass my pc and hit refresh :p

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

That's what happens when you get 2 people who are having a quiet afternoon at work ;)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

It's all my computer's fault, stupid thing takes 20 mins to run each new thing I tell it to so I got alot of thumb twiddling time. Was waaay better when there was a test match to watch in between processes :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Bracken said:
That's what happens when you get 2 people who are having a quiet afternoon at work ;)
hehe so true ><
imo lets start a you took my relic thread too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom